Family of Heather Elvis to hold news conference - 04/02/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wbtw.com/story/28708389/...o-speak-about-ongoing-social-media-harassment

"During a January bond hearing for the Moorers, Heather's mother, Debbi Elvis explained to a judge about a long history of angry and rude social media messages her family has had to deal with.

Now, the Elvis family says that cyber-harassment on social media is causing "division" in the community.

The Elvis family plans to meet with various members of the media Thursday to talk about the problems.

"Now we have trolls who have come in and caused division and chaos in this same community," Elvis wrote."

The family of Heather Elvis will hold a news conference tonight at 5 p.m.

The news conference is expected to address the social media activity surrounding the Heather Elvis case, according to a release from Debbi Elvis, Heather Elvis' mother.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1186191#.VR2SkeEn7_t

Does anyone know if WPDE or WBTW have livestream broadcasts? I know WMBF does, but they don't seem to have any news on the press conference from what I can see?

I really wish she was not doing a press conference and that she would just make a statement.

I really wish she was not doing a press conference and that she would just make a statement.

Just curious, why do you say this? IMO, it doesn't matter if it is a press conference or a statement, the crazies on social media will pick it apart.

Anyone have a link to the presser??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, why do you say this? IMO, it doesn't matter if it is a press conference or a statement, the crazies on social media will pick it apart.

Usually there is less to pick on with a statement.

I just saw where WMBF said that the news conference was at their church and they would be speaking to the Elvis' later. WMBF apparently aren't covering the news conference live?

I guess no one is doing it live?? 5:00 is a bad time for a live press conf.

Shoot. I'm at the hair salon and the Wmbf live feed isn't working on my phone.

WMBF just had a short segment. Debbie said the FB trolls were trying to make them lose their business and had stalked ME. They said there will be more at 11 about the donations.

TE said that 80% of what is said online is false.

Not sure if I agree with that number but, I understand what he is trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag