970 users online (135 members and 835 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 86
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,251

    OH - Corinne Gump, 10yo rape victim dies in fire just before trial, 30 March 2015

    This case is a freaking mess, and if it is what it looks like, well, I'm sure you all know what I'm thinking.

    Here's the summary, I'll post all the relevant links at the bottom (and if you're wondering why a 10 year old girl's name and picture is in the media - her family requested it. They wanted people to know the girl she was. I hope I can find the link for that, too).

    The boyfriend of the girl's mother, Robert Seman, is accused of raping and sexually assaulting the 10 year old over the course of several years. His trial was supposed to start Monday, March 30th. However, earlier that morning the girl, who lived with her (deaf) grandparents, died together with the grandparents of smoke inhalation in a fire that gutted their house.

    Seman did show up in court that day but the trial was delayed due to the death of the victim. Wednesday LE discovered Seman had burns on his body that he had concealed with makeup when he was in court Monday. They searched his house Thursday evening in what sources call a search directly related to the fire.

    Semanís lawyer claimed in court Monday that Seman had been under electronic house arrest for months. Authorities said Tuesday that they are checking with the company that monitors suspects in the program to verify that.
    Guess where the girl's mom was found.... at the Seman's residence.
    The two have a younger daughter together also. The grandparents (maternal) recently got custody of the 10 year old girl.

    The links are pretty much in chronological order.


    http://wkbn.com/2014/03/17/man-arres...-rape-warrant/

    http://wkbn.com/2014/03/20/grand-jur...on-child-rape/

    http://interactives.wkbn.com/photomojo/gallery/18614 (pictures of house fire)

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/30/friends-f...-fire-victims/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/30/3-dead-in-youngstown-fire/ (police interview mom of victim, includes links to 911 calls)

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/30/deaf-comm...gstown-couple/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/30/south-ran...death-in-fire/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/31/family-dy...ims-rape-case/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/31/terms-of-...up-in-the-air/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/31/memorial-...ungstown-fire/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/04/02/agents-se...-rape-suspect/

    Edited to make sure all the links work.
    Last edited by JanetElaine; 04-03-2015 at 11:54 AM. Reason: adding OH to title

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,095
    Thank you I've been following this mess too

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,251
    Is electronic house arrest always with an (ankle) bracelet? If he was wearing one, this should be a slam dunk I would think. And if he removed it (and later put back on), there would be evidence of that too, right? I know nothing about these devices, as may be clear.

    I can't understand why the girl's mom did call the police last year to report what he was and had been doing with her daughter and still went back to this guy. And I am saying this unfortunately as someone who has been in the same situation. I'm very grateful she had loving grandparents who made sure she was well taken care of.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    5,229
    Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    This case is a freaking mess, and if it is what it looks like, well, I'm sure you all know what I'm thinking.

    Here's the summary, I'll post all the relevant links at the bottom (and if you're wondering why a 10 year old girl's name and picture is in the media - her family requested it. They wanted people to know the girl she was. I hope I can find the link for that, too).

    The boyfriend of the girl's mother, Robert Seman, is accused of raping and sexually assaulting the 10 year old over the course of several years. His trial was supposed to start Monday, March 30th. However, earlier that morning the girl, who lived with her (deaf) grandparents, died together with the grandparents of smoke inhalation in a fire that gutted their house.

    Seman did show up in court that day but the trial was delayed due to the death of the victim. Wednesday LE discovered Seman had burns on his body that he had concealed with makeup when he was in court Monday. They searched his house Thursday evening in what sources call a search directly related to the fire.

    Seman’s lawyer claimed in court Monday that Seman had been under electronic house arrest for months. Authorities said Tuesday that they are checking with the company that monitors suspects in the program to verify that.
    Guess where the girl's mom was found.... at the Seman's residence.
    The two have a younger daughter together also. The grandparents (maternal) recently got custody of the 10 year old girl.

    The links are pretty much in chronological order.


    http://wkbn.com/2014/03/17/man-arres...-rape-warrant/

    http://wkbn.com/2014/03/20/grand-jur...on-child-rape/

    http://interactives.wkbn.com/photomojo/gallery/18614 (pictures of house fire)

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/30/friends-f...-fire-victims/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/30/3-dead-in-youngstown-fire/ (police interview mom of victim, includes links to 911 calls)

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/30/deaf-comm...gstown-couple/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/30/south-ran...death-in-fire/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/31/family-dy...ims-rape-case/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/31/terms-of-...up-in-the-air/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/03/31/memorial-...ungstown-fire/

    http://wkbn.com/2015/04/02/agents-se...-rape-suspect/

    Edited to make sure all the links work.
    Oh for the love of God. I really hesitated to click on this link. I always think I can't be shocked anymore and yet I am... and horrified.

    I applaud the fact that her family has released her name and picture- RIP sweet girl, fly high and free- he can't rape you anymore. Her poor, protective DEAF grandparents. It can always be worse is the lesson.

    This is exactly the type of case that I think proves that we need laws in place to prosecute the mother- prosecute her to the full extent of the law, just like the sick perp. She served her little girl up on a silver platter to this monster and we all know what was in store for the younger child of theirs together. There is a special place in hell- for both of them. Praying for swift and severe justice for BOTH of them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,347
    I don't even know what to say.
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,251

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    5,229
    Thank you JanetElaine, and I am so sorry what happened to you and your child and DO NOT hold you in the category I do Corrine's poor excuse for a mother.

    Two things from Corrine's obituary:

    1. Umm no Mom... she was NOT preceded in death by her beloved grandparents- they died at the same time, in the same fire started by your beloved boyfriend/father to your other daughter.

    2. I really want to know how the two girl cousins, who preceded her in death, died- One of them a Seman and one of them a Gump. Highly, highly suspicious to me now that we know this man is capable of multiple murders to keep his secrets safe. I am sure the police are looking into this now.

    My God... I am speechless.

    From the obit:

    "She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Billy and Judy Schmidt; two cousins, Amanda Seman and Kaden Gump; paternal great-grandparents, Betty and James Braden; maternal great-grandfather, Edward Schmidt; and her aunt, Marabeth Gump."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,251
    http://wkbn.com/2015/04/03/official-...to-fatal-fire/

    So far, police have not revealed what was found Thursday in the search of the house, although an official did confirm that it was related to Monday morning’s fatal fire.
    At first I got excited, because it read as if something related to the fire was found... but after re-reading, it could also mean the search was related to the fire, which isn't news.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    5,229
    I wanted to say that Corrine was so darling and full of life. We need to change our laws concerning molestation, incest and child rape. How do we do it?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    Thank you JanetElaine, and I am so sorry what happened to you and your child and DO NOT hold you in the category I do Corrine's poor excuse for a mother.
    Thank you Frigga, I really appreciate your kind words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    [snip]
    2. I really want to know how the two girl cousins, who preceded her in death, died- One of them a Seman and one of them a Gump. Highly, highly suspicious to me now that we know this man is capable of multiple murders to keep his secrets safe. I am sure the police are looking into this now.

    My God... I am speechless.

    From the obit:

    "She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Billy and Judy Schmidt; two cousins, Amanda Seman and Kaden Gump; paternal great-grandparents, Betty and James Braden; maternal great-grandfather, Edward Schmidt; and her aunt, Marabeth Gump."
    I hadn't even caught that.... nice catch... yes, I sure hope they are checking into those and there's nothing suspicious about the cause of death.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    I wanted to say that Corrine was so darling and full of life. We need to change our laws concerning molestation, incest and child rape. How do we do it?
    Beats me... there are quite a few things that need fixed, even after the perp gets convicted. Restraining orders for the victim and everyone in the victim's household should be standard, even after the perp gets locked up, IMO. Especially if it was a perp who lived with the victim, be it parent, stepparent, boyfriend/girlfriend and so on. All MOO of course.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,251
    A quick Google search about the two cousins (one adult female, one child boy) turned up nothing really suspicious regarding Seman. It does not appear that Seman had any access to the child cousin at the time of his death. He also was not involved in the adult female's death. (If I sound vague, that is because I am not sure how much we are allowed to say about it, since this might be considered sleuthing the family?)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    5,229
    Well now here is the obit I found on Amanda (Mandy) this family has problems- but with a prolific molester and murderer for an uncle I am not surprised. Ok, not true, I am quite surprised. I'll post the bizarre article on her murder next- it wasn't Seman... but it all adds up to problems- drug use etc.

    http://www.morningjournalnews.com/pa....html?nav=5007

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    5,229
    Here is the article on Amanda's death- it is a crime- and I feel worth adding as this is a female in the family this man would have had access to. Just saying. She had problems and could very well have been a victim of this man... uncle... too, in the past which could have led her down a path to self destruction. It happens to victims- they continue to be victims.

    http://triblive.com/state/pennsylvan...#axzz3WGefbV3G

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    568
    Sheesh. This is too much. What can you say..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY MO - O'Fallon teen planned kidnap, rape of friend's 10yo sister
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2017, 02:07 PM
  2. OH - Chance Poindexter, 2, dies in Troy apartment fire, 10 May 2015
    By los2188 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 03:47 PM
  3. Australia - Pedo schoolteacher tattooed 10yo victim's name on her chest
    By Ausgirl in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 07:03 PM
  4. NJ - Erik Sturgis, 5, home alone, dies in fire, Sayreville, 4 March 2006
    By Marie in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 05:43 PM
  5. GA - Latrell Macon, 3, home alone, dies in fire, Norcross, 31 March 2005
    By mysteriew in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 12:24 PM

Tags for this Thread