Director of nonprofit 2 help child trafficking victims reunite w/families is arrested

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
3202d77f.gif

NEW YORK — The director of a nonprofit organization that purported to help victims of international child trafficking has been arrested in New York City on fraud charges.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

US v Senese (PDF)

3202d77f.gif

Child abduction law's backer has checkered background

When a Florida Senate committee considered a bill this spring to prevent parental child abductions, one of the witnesses in support of the measure was Peter Thomas Senese.

[...]

Senese's March 26 appearance was noted on a Tallahassee blog, Capitolsoup.com, that also identified him as author of a "critically acclaimed book'' on child abduction.

The testimony of Senese and others proved persuasive enough that the bill, introduced by Rep. Darryl Rouson, a St. Petersburg Democrat, sailed through both houses and was signed into law May 12 by Gov. Charlie Crist.

But while Florida's new Child Abduction Prevention Act addresses a very real problem, Senese's own story is far different from what state lawmakers were led to believe.

[...]

Senese, 44, accuses Hindle and others of "untruthful and malicious'' statements and says he only wants to help other victims of parental child abductions.

[...]

Smith and others say they suspect that Senese's "impassioned'' support of the Florida bill — as Senese called it in a press release — was largely motivated by a desire to get publicity for his book, Chasing the Cyclone: a Father's Unending Love for His Son, and obtain funding for a movie based on the book.

[...]

"I have attempted . . . to the best of my ability to help educate society about the gravity of this issue,'' he said in an e-mail to the St. Petersburg Times. "I have used a substantial amount of my own resources to do this and have never earned a penny from my efforts.''

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

Things like this really tick me off.

This guy's antics could very well hurt the reputation of a very noble cause.

There is so much more to this than the news articles show. I hope someone will eventually do a more thorough story on this egomaniac so people will better learn how some of these criminals think.

Here is a partial list of things they could look into:

1. Peter has a mile-long list of websites and/or blogs. He attempts to make them look like they serve different purposes, but they actually serve only one--him and his scams. They are all a mixture of his bold fabrications about how selfless, generous, and successful he is, and they all push his amateur self-published novels along with his heroic status as a child advocate. His precious "testimonials" can also be found on his websites.

2. Social media. He still had a Twitter account the last time I checked, but he ditched his Facebook page in a hurry after his arrest/release. He used FB as a way to interact openly with his "fan base." Routinely, Peter would post some heartwarming status about himself and then a certain handful of people would chime in with praise and adoration about his selfless deeds. It was so over the top that I always wondered how anyone could read it without retching, let alone believe it. Also routinely, Peter would post a status about (and link to) his testimonials. He LOVES his collection of testimonials. In fact, last I heard, he was using them as his defense in the wire fraud case. Something to the effect of "I'm not guilty. Just read my testimonials." Using Peter-Logic, a serial killer is not guilty as long as he has some positive notarized statements.

3. Peter cleverly infiltrated domestic violence circles and advocates, and claims to be some sort of pillar in the DV community. Some of the real DV advocates fell for his facade temporarily, but denounced him long before his wire fraud arrest. He also boasts about passing out gifts at children's hospitals and handling donations for disasters (the latter should probably be looked into for more fraud).

4. He has a definite history of fraud and arrests. For instance, check out this article from 2010: http://www.tampabay.com/news/child-abduction-laws-backer-has-checkered-background/1096407

5. He befriended "mommy bloggers" and convinced them to write articles about his wondrous self on their blogs. Some of us noticed that one of them has always appeared to be possibly closely involved in his IPCA scam, dedicating a large portion of her blog to promoting him and his phony non-profit, as well as referring potential clients (victims) to him.

6. During the months that he was supposedly in India on a child rescue mission, he was traveling around the U.S. with his fiance, living it up in fancy hotels and playing golf, scuba diving, etc. He couldn't resist bragging about his exciting adventures via social media posts and photos.

7. He still has a slightly discreet Facebook community page up about international parental child abduction, but was careful not to title this one in a way similar to his fake foundation. I assume it is linked to a personal Facebook page under one of his aliases since he got rid of his main one.

Sorry for rambling on like that. :)

Thank you for "rambling on like that", mfenner! I appreciate your post and it helps me to better understand this horrible person.

This is far too important and serious to have a person like Senese even remotely affiliated with it. DV, Child Abduction, and International Child Abduction is not for someone to scam. AND there are far too many 'fake foundations' already, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back