Woman Swept Away by High Water and Killed.

Tulessa

Reaction score
I just don't understand why some one would take that chance. It's horrible around here, and they still haven't found the other 2 victims. :(

WAYNE COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A woman was swept away by high water and killed as she was walking Friday evening along Rowe Hollow Road, police say

I'm not sure what "chance" you mean. The one sentence just says she was walking along a road. That's not the same as trying to cross a raging stream, to take but one example.

We have a tendency toward flash flooding here in the desert where I live. And, yes, sometimes people do dumb things like try to drive across a washed-out road. But sometimes people just get caught in water flooding through areas that are normally bone dry.

I'm not sure what "chance" you mean. The one sentence just says she was walking along a road. That's not the same as trying to cross a raging stream, to take but one example.

We have a tendency toward flash flooding here in the desert where I live. And, yes, sometimes people do dumb things like try to drive across a washed-out road. But sometimes people just get caught in water flooding through areas that are normally bone dry.

You would have had to been here Nova. She took a chance by walking by that stream when we were flash flooding, and we still are.

We have experienced a great deal of flash flooding where I live, also. It is very scary.

You would have had to been here Nova. She took a chance by walking by that stream when we were flash flooding, and we still are.

Thanks. I see in al66pine's link that the entire state is under a flash-flood warning, so I understand what you mean by risky behavior.

But I can also understand that when a warning covers such a wide area, it's easy to think, "Oh, it probably won't happen right here." A dangerous assumption, obviously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back