GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #3

colette

Reaction score
Mr.Messerschmitt had texted his wife that he would be home in about an hour @ 7:34 PM, the next morning he was found stabbed in a downtown Washington hotel room. Minutes after that text, an unidentified person being sought for questioning in the death walked into the lobby of the Donovan hotel at Thomas Circle, according to surveillance video released by District police. That person in a hooded jacket was seen pacing the lobby and at one point pressing an elevator button. The person is also seen climbing a stairwell. It is unclear if this person is male or female.

The hotel is about a mile from the law firm where Mr. Messerschmitt worked. His wife says he was acting normally that day. LE is offering a $25,000 reward.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5c6bf6-b2ad-11e4-886b-c22184f27c35_story.html

Here is a LE video of the person from their Youtube website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFggi_25c84

Attachments

• 6698917_G.jpg
    6698917_G.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 628
View attachment 69390

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/28084483/police-identify-man-found-dead-in-nw-dc-hotel[/QUOTE]

It appears to be a half mixed light skinned AA female to me. Probably from the urban streets. And the text may have not been sent by him. I would check database for female violent offenders recently released. It takes aggression to stab a person to death. Maybe the text meant It's Done. Idk. We need more info. Jmo. Btw: She could be a jilted lover of someone he was seeing on the side.

Here's the Twitter: @_thelifeofjayy_. FB next post.

Raj. Thanks for the twitter link. It seems like she was impatiently waiting for an acceptance to the army or something. I think she wanted to be shipped as far away as possible. Well since she doesn't have patience than jail will eat her alive.

@ Miss Muffett - I disagree. Rape is rape. Trust me - it doesn't matter your sexual orientation to be terrified and horribly traumatized by a rape whether it is same-sex or opposite sex. The personal degradation and fear and helplessness and anguish and humiliation and lack of control over your being and sadness and, well, I could go on - is the same no matter whose committing the rape. And - she will be raped. Initially.

rosesfromangels said:
It would be interesting if LE placed an ad in the same section where the perp found the victim asking for other victim's to come forward, even anonymously.
They haven't. Your post inspired me to check. DM's murder hasn't slowed things down in that forum on CL. There are almost 900 ads posted there JUST TODAY looking for hookups. The titles are....interesting. LOL

Thank you to everyone for their patience who is helping educate, and expand awareness on the complexities of human sexuality. We are, indeed, complicated creatures!

With regard to the Victim's wife, I think she will *want* a trial, and will absolutely want to make a victim impact statement directly to the Perp. She seems like a strong woman to me, and it was clear (during the prepared statement), that she is vigorously in pursuit of justice for her deceased spouse.

I've always heard that in the end, it's the love that trumps any other emotion. In this case, I would say that is true. I truly hope that the arrest, potential trial, and sentencing will give the spouse a sense of justice and closure.

From what I've learned on this case, there are other methods (likely more popular than CL) to solicit "hookups".... and I wonder if LE is looking at those as well?

Could be Miss Muffet is perusing Grindr and will return with her report??

I don't think I would want a trial...but that is just me. Depending upon the sentence, I would prefer a plea deal. A trial would be a year or more away and publicize all of David's activities, maybe some we are not aware of. It would be in the news for weeks.

Jmo

I don't think I would want a trial...but that is just me. Depending upon the sentence, I would prefer a plea deal. A trial would be a year or more away and publicize all of David's activities, maybe some we are not aware of. It would be in the news for weeks.

Jmo

I agree. His actual ad would probably be presented. I checked some of those ads out today...whoooo doggie! My mind is officially blown.

From what I've learned on this case, there are other methods (likely more popular than CL) to solicit "hookups".... and I wonder if LE is looking at those as well?

Could be Miss Muffet is perusing Grindr and will return with her report??
Oh, my. That's the first time I've heard of Grindr. It seems to be an app, and I'm not downloading that onto my phone. I'll bet DM was using CL instead of Grindr because he needed to hide his lifestyle from his wife. An app like that on his phone would have been a risk of someone finding out his secret. Maybe that's the draw of CL.

Ugh, is CL nothing but a dangerous, dishonest and bordering on illegal publication now? I know it has been dicey for years, but I would be terrified to use it for anything. Jmo

Ugh, is CL nothing but a dangerous, dishonest and bordering on illegal publication now? I know it has been dicey for years, but I would be terrified to use it for anything. Jmo
I'm not afraid of CL. The dangerous occurrences that make the news cases are a minute percentage of the interactions people have on CL daily without incident. I'll bet in the days before this technology some people met an early demise selling and buying stuff on the Pennysaver and they just ended up on missing person lists because there was no trail or way to track what happened to them. That doesn't mean the Pennysaver was unsafe. And I don't think CL is unsafe. Like everything, street smarts are important.

Wow, that's really pathetic....that so many people are willing to continuing risking their lives by looking for a random hook-up with some complete stranger on Craigslist. I have to be honest and admit that doing this does diminish my level of sympathy for those who engage in this kind of behavior, should something go awry. If you purposely and intentionally engage is high risk behavior, IMO you are accepting that risk. DM, as a intelligent attorney should have known better. And if his wife had no idea about this secret lifestyle of his, my sympathy for him is even further reduced.....because even with condoms he was still putting himself at high risk for contracting a whole host of STDs and the passing them on to his unsuspecting wife. Sorry but disgusting all around.

They haven't. Your post inspired me to check. DM's murder hasn't slowed things down in that forum on CL. There are almost 900 ads posted there JUST TODAY looking for hookups. The titles are....interesting. LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back