893 users online (138 members and 755 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Ke'Shaun Vanderhorst, 2, Philadelphia, 25 Sept 1995

The doenetwork site has very sketchy details as to what happened to him...here's the link:
    http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1201dmpa.html

Meggily Weggily's site has a lot more detail, and I found out more information:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...t_keshaun.html

Ke'Shaun was last seen at his residence in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on September 25, 1995. His mother, Tina Vanderhorst, told her relatives and police that the Department of Human Services (DHS) had taken the child, but the DHS had no child by that name in their custody.
    Tina had an alcohol problem at the time of Ke'Shaun's disappearance. Investigators searched her apartment and described it as filthy, cluttered and rat-infested. She had three other children who all died before they were a year old, two of them supposedly from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and the third child from pneumonia. Two additional children lived with their paternal grandmother at the time Ke'Shaun vanished. Police began reinvestigating Tina's children's deaths after Ke'Shaun disappeared, as it is extremely rare to have more than one SIDS death occur in the same family.
    Tina eventually admitted that she sold Ke'Shaun to an unidentified African-American female for $500.
    She is described as being approximately 35 to 40 years old in 1995, 5'4 and 140 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. The abductor's ears are pierced. She may use the alias "Virginia Graham."
    Neither Vanderhorst nor the unidentified woman have been heard from again. His mother pleaded guilty to child endangerment in connection with his case.

He's such a beautiful little boy, and his story has always been one that has stuck with me. It breaks my heart to think about what might've happened to him. Maybe this "Virginia Graham" is still out there and is taking care of him. Anyone have any insight to this case?

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Bump

This month marks 15 years that Ke'Shaun has been missing. Come home soon.

I do not believe there was a 'Virginia Graham'. It just never felt right. There are articles that come up via google on paid or free trial sites, mostly Phila. Tribune, all from 1995. (Just a highlight, the free trial wants a CC)http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-2377094.html I find it hard to believe they found no evidence linking mom to his disappearance other than her changing statements. Long arrest record, as recently as 2008. Found nothing about any results re: the 2 previous SIDS deaths.

You know, back when I made the original post I was pretty naive. Considering the mom's history with her prior children, it makes it hard to believe that she would just "sell" him. It would be more reasonable to think that she harmed him in some way while she was under the influence of alcohol. I still think about him sometimes if I'm in the area, hopefully someday his mom will admit what really happened to him.

- Henry Drummond

Sometimes it seems like this little boy was just forgotten, no news follow ups, seems like the investigation stalled in 1995 and that was that. I wish he was taken by a nice lady to love and care for him. But my heart says he's gone . KeShaun was one of the first I (tried) to research. Mom's arrest record and report of alcohol/drugs suggests to me she would not be able to hide evidence that well, who knows. Maybe someday she'll have a conscience attack, or a flashback.

Bumping for Ke'Shaun...I still think of him often.

Bump...no new info that I could find.

- Henry Drummond

Ke'Shaun's mother was arrested a couple of months ago in a different case.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/r...html?mobi=true

A 52-year-old woman accused of fatally stabbing a man 77 times in his East Germantown apartment, then setting his body ablaze last month, was arrested in Mayfair Thursday afternoon, authorities said Friday.

Tina Vanderhorst was taken into custody without incident at a female friend's apartment on the 2900 block of Benner Street at about 2 p.m. Thursday, said Jim Burke, assistant chief deputy for the U.S. Marshals Service's Eastern Pennsylvania field office.

She is accused of fatally stabbing Robert Lynch, 64, in his apartment on the 500 block of East Church Lane, then setting his body on fire on the morning of Sept. 12, police said.
    Vanderhorst has had trouble with the law in the past. In 1995, she was arrested on charges that she sold her toddler son to a stranger for $500, then used the money to buy crack cocaine.

Authorities did not know what eventually happened to Ke-Shaun. Vanderhorst, police have said, offered several explanations for her son's disappearance.

well good lord , I hope outright murder will lock her away forever but probably not . I'm betting on 2-5 years
    Suzanne Marie Sevakis Welcome home.

Quote Originally Posted by sloane7777 View Post
    well good lord , I hope outright murder will lock her away forever but probably not . I'm betting on 2-5 years
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly what happens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- Henry Drummond

If LE had managed to send her to prison for Ke'Shaun's murder, this murder could have been prevented I don't believe for a minute that she sold him

looks like her trial won't be til September. Maybe they can offer a deal if she gives up info where Ke'Shaun is.