891 users online (167 members and 724 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

A "Drunk and Leering" Lucille Ball is Scaring the Kids.

WOW. This is the scariest statue I have ever seen. It's of Lucille Ball and I am not the only one who feels this way.

Like Black Sabbath's Iron Man before her, a statue of Lucille Ball meant to be the salvation of her people has instead become their greatest enemy, terrorizing the helpless populace of Celoron, New York.
    Erected in 2009, the bronze sculpture of the area's most famous resident has since inspired the online campaign "We Love Lucy! Get Rid of this Statue," for fairly obvious reasons.

http://gawker.com/drunk-leering-luci...lag-1695686658
    It's weird. The artist has all the parts right meaning nose, cheeks, mouth, the hair is right, it all looks like a human...just NOTHING like Lucille Ball.

Makes me wonder about the artist. Let's delve into his early life. Did his mother always tell him everything he did was perfect no matter what?

How can anyone look at this statue and say, "Hey Look
    it's Lucille
    Ball" . Shaking My Head
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Yeah that statue looks nothing like Lucy.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Ticya, I love your new title!

I think they should send the statue on prison tour and prop it the cells of some choice prisoners for weeks at a time. Would that be cruel and unusual?

No sleeping tonight.....

Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    No sleeping tonight.....
    Scoot over.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

(#helpme) A mere 378.15 miles separates me from this metallic she-demon (and if it sprouted wings and, gargoyle-like, shattered the night air outside my upper windows with the sound of wings and shrieking? -- 293.82 air miles) #helpnow

Come to Palm Springs instead. I'm not a big fan of naturalistic, bronze statutes, but we have an excellent one of Lucy sitting on a park bench in the very center of town. You can even sit next to her and have your picture taken. (I don't know why you would want to do such a thing, but it seems very popular with tourists.)

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...hspart=mozilla

(Now that I've looked up the photos, I have to say she looks much better in person. Perhaps bronze doesn't photography well and the statue in NY looks better, too.)

Or if you prefer Sonny Bono...

The eyes are too big, the face shape is wrong the mouth is not right. I would never ever guess it was supposed to be Lucille Ball. Yea just scary.

In my very humble opinion, I am not a fan of certain forms of iconography.

Puppets, statues and sometimes formal portraiture gives me the heebee geebees.

It just looks like it could be a scary woman from the 1950s to me. However paid for this deserves a refund it looks nothing like the amazingly talented Lucille Ball.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

"Lucy, you got some a-splainin' to do!"

oh my! the vita-meata-vegimin didn't do her any good at all!!
    "Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another." Jesus

Terrible image of a talented, funny, and much loved person. They need to scrap the statue and start over.

Tricia, the title of this thread is actually making me laugh more than the actual creepy statue.

Hilarious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast