A "Drunk and Leering" Lucille Ball is Scaring the Kids.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
WOW. This is the scariest statue I have ever seen. It's of Lucille Ball and I am not the only one who feels this way.

Like Black Sabbath's Iron Man before her, a statue of Lucille Ball meant to be the salvation of her people has instead become their greatest enemy, terrorizing the helpless populace of Celoron, New York.
Erected in 2009, the bronze sculpture of the area's most famous resident has since inspired the online campaign "We Love Lucy! Get Rid of this Statue," for fairly obvious reasons.

http://gawker.com/drunk-leering-lucille-ball-statue-menaces-small-villag-1695686658

It's weird. The artist has all the parts right meaning nose, cheeks, mouth, the hair is right, it all looks like a human...just NOTHING like Lucille Ball.

Makes me wonder about the artist. Let's delve into his early life. Did his mother always tell him everything he did was perfect no matter what?

How can anyone look at this statue and say, "Hey Look
it's Lucille
Ball" . Shaking My Head

Attachments

• Lucille Ball.jpg
    Lucille Ball.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Lucille Ball real.jpg
    Lucille Ball real.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 57
Yeah that statue looks nothing like Lucy.

Ticya, I love your new title!

I think they should send the statue on prison tour and prop it the cells of some choice prisoners for weeks at a time. Would that be cruel and unusual?

(#helpme) A mere 378.15 miles separates me from this metallic she-demon (and if it sprouted wings and, gargoyle-like, shattered the night air outside my upper windows with the sound of wings and shrieking? -- 293.82 air miles) #helpnow

Come to Palm Springs instead. I'm not a big fan of naturalistic, bronze statutes, but we have an excellent one of Lucy sitting on a park bench in the very center of town. You can even sit next to her and have your picture taken. (I don't know why you would want to do such a thing, but it seems very popular with tourists.)

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...UTF-8&n=60&x=wrt&hsimp=yhs-004&hspart=mozilla

(Now that I've looked up the photos, I have to say she looks much better in person. Perhaps bronze doesn't photography well and the statue in NY looks better, too.)

Or if you prefer Sonny Bono...

The eyes are too big, the face shape is wrong the mouth is not right. I would never ever guess it was supposed to be Lucille Ball. Yea just scary.

In my very humble opinion, I am not a fan of certain forms of iconography.

Puppets, statues and sometimes formal portraiture gives me the heebee geebees.

It just looks like it could be a scary woman from the 1950s to me. However paid for this deserves a refund it looks nothing like the amazingly talented Lucille Ball.

oh my! the vita-meata-vegimin didn't do her any good at all!!

Terrible image of a talented, funny, and much loved person. They need to scrap the statue and start over.

Tricia, the title of this thread is actually making me laugh more than the actual creepy statue.

Hilarious.

Terrible image of a talented, funny, and much loved person. They need to scrap the statue and start over.

My husband's first crush was on Lucy. As a little kid he loved her wacky, red-haired persona.

And then he married an awkward, not-at-all funny blonde with painful shyness.

Go figure!

Lucille Ball was a model and pinup, that statue is horrendous.

imagelucy.jpg

Hideous. Just plain hideous. Get out the Handy-Dandy vacuum cleaner quick! :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77