FL FL - Deerfield Beach, WhtFem UP1276, 14-20, in Rinker rock pit, Jun'82

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just completed a facial reconstruction for this Jane Doe, and was surprised to see that there is not a WS thread for her. So I am starting one.

(Note that since I do not have access to any postmortem photos of Deerfield Beach Jane Doe, this facial reconstruction is based on the FBI reconstruction sculpture based on the shape of her skull (above left), and is only intended to give a general sense of how she might have looked in life. Fine details such as her hairstyle, hair and eye color, and the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions)

The Doe Network:
Case File 637UFFL
http://doenetwork.org/cases/637uffl.html
NamUs UP 1276 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1276
a0ff5e9a-fa65-4a73-bae4-68cf0261b801.jpg
d047f501-59c5-40ef-8fc8-9550ecd3ab16.jpg
aedaada0-574b-4e84-a5a0-764e5060c3a9.jpg

cb4bca74-b652-45e9-bbba-49bf346c1868.jpg
38d8d00f-ed5b-4a25-97cf-c860dd90c9b2.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on June 20, 1982 in Deerfield Beach, Broward County, Florida
Cause of Death: Asphyxia

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 14-20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 75-80 lbs.
Clothing: She was wearing a thin, gold necklace with brown beads every two inches, a dark green "Lacoste" striped pullover sweater with red and orange stripes and a size 32-36, "Maidenform", natural color brassiere.
Dentals: A dental examination revealed the victim had several fillings and was also a smoker.

I submitted Janice Fullam as a possible to Rocky @donetwork via private message on twitter in 2011 but never heard back. He said he was going for the holidays but would check when he got back. I don't know what became of Janice
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...am-17-Smithtown-30-Oct-1981&highlight=637uffl

Edit-actually my notes on Janice's say that Rocky was going to submit it to the panel. I don't know what became of this but a friend of hers had a myspace at one time with her pic on it and she was wearing a polo shirt just like the doe's from what I recall from my posts.

Anyone know what the hair color is by chance? Not sure if I am overlooking that or its just not there...

Anyone know what the hair color is by chance? Not sure if I am overlooking that or its just not there...

Hair color, hairstyle, and eye color weren't indicated.

Awesome recon! I always like how you're able to make your sketches look alive.

I could've sworn she had a thread. For some reason I keep confusing this girl with two other Broward County UIDs (the one with the puka shell necklace from 1975, and another who was found in a canal in Davie in 1984).

NamUs says she might actually be as young as 11 years old, although all the reconstructions look like she's probably on the older side of the age range. IMO she looks 15 - 18 in yours.

Leah Van Schoik looks like a decent possible, if her date of disappearance is incorrect. It sounds like there's a possibility it could be, since her family in NJ reported her missing only after she stopped talking to them. I have no idea how long it had been since they talked.
Her age (17) is within range, race (Caucasian) matches, height (5'5) is the same, distance is only 19.3 miles, and the circumstances (foul play suspected) line up. She also looks somewhat like the UID.

Andrea Allen - Age (23) is slightly out of range and height (5'0) is 5 inches off, but the race (Caucasian) matches, timing (one month between her disappearance and UID's discovery), circumstances and distance (31.5 mi) look good.

i really cant imagine being that tall and weighing that little. i have a friend who is teeny tiny and has trouble keeping weight on, she is about 4"10 but she weighs 80-85, 90 ish when she can keep it on.

Is that a Herringbone necklace? I saved it & opened it with Windows photo gallery, and it sure resembles Herringbone to me.

Yeah, I tried to zoom in and I can't see little brown balls on it but the necklace Jane Doe was wearing is described as dainty also. It's supposed to have little brown balls a couple inches apart though

Yeah, I tried to zoom in and I can't see little brown balls on it but the necklace Jane Doe was wearing is described as dainty also. It's supposed to have little brown balls a couple inches apart though

No balls on this one. Sigh.

i really cant imagine being that tall and weighing that little. i have a friend who is teeny tiny and has trouble keeping weight on, she is about 4"10 but she weighs 80-85, 90 ish when she can keep it on.

I suspect it's one of those cases where the weight was of the actual remains rather than the estimated weight when she was alive -- she had been deceased about two weeks according to Namus.

I just completed a facial reconstruction for this Jane Doe, and was surprised to see that there is not a WS thread for her. So I am starting one.

(Note that since I do not have access to any postmortem photos of Deerfield Beach Jane Doe, this facial reconstruction is based on the FBI reconstruction sculpture based on the shape of her skull (above left), and is only intended to give a general sense of how she might have looked in life. Fine details such as her hairstyle, hair and eye color, and the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions)

The Doe Network:
Case File 637UFFL
http://doenetwork.org/cases/637uffl.html
NamUs UP 1276 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1276
cb4bca74-b652-45e9-bbba-49bf346c1868.jpg
38d8d00f-ed5b-4a25-97cf-c860dd90c9b2.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on June 20, 1982 in Deerfield Beach, Broward County, Florida
Cause of Death: Asphyxia

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 14-20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"; 75-80 lbs.
Clothing: She was wearing a thin, gold necklace with brown beads every two inches, a dark green "Lacoste" striped pullover sweater with red and orange stripes and a size 32-36, "Maidenform", natural color brassiere.
Dentals: A dental examination revealed the victim had several fillings and was also a smoker.

Glad you left the cig in her hand; it may be what triggers a memory in someone

Would be nice if Michael Nance could get a better photo of the necklace to her NamUs profile.

Attachments

• 637UFFL4.jpg
    637UFFL4.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 637UFFL5.jpg
    637UFFL5.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 84
the resemblance to Janice Fullam is uncanny and the time matches, but Namus indicates DNA submitted for Doe and Janice, would that mean it could not be Janice?

the resemblance to Janice Fullam is uncanny and the time matches, but Namus indicates DNA submitted for Doe and Janice, would that mean it could not be Janice?

No, not necessarily.

1. There are two main types of DNA used: nuclear and mitochondrial. They're very different and you can't compare a mtDNA sample to an nDNA one. We don't know what type of DNA is available for both Janice and the UID.

2. NamUs doesn't automatically compare DNA samples or dental records. It has to be initiated by someone in LE who goes in and requests a comparison to a specific UID.

No, not necessarily.

1. There are two main types of DNA used: nuclear and mitochondrial. They're very different and you can't compare a mtDNA sample to an nDNA one. We don't know what type of DNA is available for both Janice and the UID.

2. NamUs doesn't automatically compare DNA samples or dental records. It has to be initiated by someone in LE who goes in and requests a comparison to a specific UID.

exactly; would need to be turned in to be ruled out

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back