OR OR - Conan Walery, 39, Gresham, 21 Dec 1994

luckyseven

Reaction score
Gresham Police reopening cold case homicide

http://www.kptv.com/story/28724900/gresham-police-reopening-cold-case-homicide

Gresham police are once again searching near a victim's home, in a homicide case that's more than 20 years old.

On Saturday, for the second day in a row, crews were back at the scene.

Police said Conan Walery was shot and killed in his floating home off Marine Drive, back in 1994.

The police report said an unknown burglar entered the home, subdued Walery's 18-year-old son and then shot Walery.

Police have not yet said why the case has been reopened.

I was given a link to the initial police report on this when I became aware (through a neighbor ) that I was living next door to Conan' now adult son. Have lived next door to them for over a decade now and he just sets all kinds of hairs on end for me. Even before I knew of this connection something just did not add up with this guy. Having read the report on the murder his alibi of being subdued by the intruder who then goes on to murder the father is a story so full of holes as to be laughable. If you were going to rob a house would you subdue someone who could later identify you if your intent was to kill in the first place? If killing someone was not the intent but rather an outcome of a robbery gone wrong why stop at one why not also kill the person you subdued if you thought they could identify you. See the point here? The Gresham police need to catch a clue even if the evidence is circumstantial it's still evidence. This guy is an unstable "pharmaceutically enhanced " short fuse just waiting to explode ( most of us long term neighbors can attest to this, and other troubling behaviors )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back