1187 users online (240 members and 947 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796

    NV - Adacelli Snyder, 2, disabled, dies of extreme neglect, Las Vegas, 29 June 2005

    A 28-year-old woman and her boyfriend have been charged with second-degree murder after the womanís emaciated 2-year-old daughter died in a broken crib surrounded by insects and rotting garbage.
    The Clark County coroner determined Adacelli Snyder died of cachexia, or general wasting away due to malnutrition and neglect. She weighed just 11 pounds when she died June 29.
    Adacelli, who was born with cerebral palsy, was found in her crib with soiled blankets, head lice, insect bites and wounds caused by severe diaper rash, police said. Her bedroom, which she shared with two sisters, was filled with garbage, feces, roaches and flies.
    The family was reported to Clark County Child Protective Services twice in July 2003. The complaints resulted in the opening of a yearlong, home-monitoring case with the family.
    Officials said the agency did all it could for the family during that year. The case was closed in June 2004.
    Police say their investigation into Adacelliís death revealed several recent reports made to the agency about the family.
    http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html...sp7=local_news
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,681
    You know more and more of these case involve "special needs" children.

    But considring the condition of this home, it was abuse pure and simple.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    The Agency may have worked with the family for a year, but they should have known it wasn't working! How can they just close the case?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    A 28-year-old woman and her boyfriend have been charged with second-degree murder after the womanís emaciated 2-year-old daughter died in a broken crib surrounded by insects and rotting garbage.
    The Clark County coroner determined Adacelli Snyder died of cachexia, or general wasting away due to malnutrition and neglect. She weighed just 11 pounds when she died June 29.
    Adacelli, who was born with cerebral palsy, was found in her crib with soiled blankets, head lice, insect bites and wounds caused by severe diaper rash, police said. Her bedroom, which she shared with two sisters, was filled with garbage, feces, roaches and flies.
    The family was reported to Clark County Child Protective Services twice in July 2003. The complaints resulted in the opening of a yearlong, home-monitoring case with the family.
    Officials said the agency did all it could for the family during that year. The case was closed in June 2004. Police say their investigation into Adacelliís death revealed several recent reports made to the agency about the family.
    http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html...sp7=local_news
    WTF DID ALL YOU COULD DO IN A YEAR?!?!?!?!?!??! YOU SHOULD HAVE REMOVED THIS CHILD AND ANY OTHERS OUT OF THEIR CARE!!!!!!! I MEAN COME ON LET"S USE SOME COMMON SENSE!!!! What the hell do these agency think??? That it is OK for a child to live likw this???? You can't tell me this hosue was "clean" when the did ther "home-monitiring"....my God for a child to die in their crib due starving to death had to have been not touched or moved in a few weeks...what the hell did these people do drop by once????? This was a senseless death that could have been prevented.!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!
    Misty

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyGirl
    WTF DID ALL YOU COULD DO IN A YEAR?!?!?!?!?!??! YOU SHOULD HAVE REMOVED THIS CHILD AND ANY OTHERS OUT OF THEIR CARE!!!!!!! I MEAN COME ON LET"S USE SOME COMMON SENSE!!!! What the hell do these agency think??? That it is OK for a child to live likw this???? You can't tell me this hosue was "clean" when the did ther "home-monitiring"....my God for a child to die in their crib due starving to death had to have been not touched or moved in a few weeks...what the hell did these people do drop by once????? This was a senseless death that could have been prevented.!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!
    Honey I am yelling right along there with you. This is rediculous I can't believe they actually closed the case and no one from the services is going to face disiplinary action. My heart breaks for this baby. All you can say is WHY?? Where the other two children fed while this baby went without? There is no mention of their conditions. Sick

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    I think the link said something stupid like they had no jurisdiction or something after a year, but I would think that statute wouldn't begin until the family was out of risk. That clearly never happened. I would think that after every "home visit," if something wasn't right, that started the whole thing up again. Perhaps that makes too much sense.

  7. #7
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    The Agency may have worked with the family for a year, but they should have known it wasn't working! How can they just close the case?
    Jeana,
    That's exactly what I was wondering.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,669
    snip

    January 2007

    During her court appearance Charlene said:

    "I didn't know how to take care of a special needs child. I'm sorry, that's all I can say. Please give me mercy."

    Where was her mercy for Adacelli and what is her excuse for not taking care of her other children? Making them live the way they did? Luckily, Judge David Wall didn't buy her story and said the following:

    "I'm going to sentence you to life in prison with a possibility of parole after 10 years has been served."

    snip

    Jack Richardson's attorney, Public Defender Timoth O'Brian asked Judge Wall to choose a lesser sentence for him, asking for 10 to 25 years stating:

    "This was a case of not knowing any better"

    How could ANYONE with a conscience NOT know that this little girl was being abused and her treatment was wrong? Jack's attorney tried to say that he was abused as a child and was thrown away as a very small child. He also said:

    "This is a guy who was doing the best he could with what he had,"

    snip

    Jack Richardson didn't say a word as Judge Wall imposed his sentence of life in prison with the possibility of parole after ten years. The Judge added:

    "My hope is that Adacelli had no recognition of what was happening to her,"

    What goes through the minds of the judges who impose such a ridiculous sentence for the suffering and murder of a beautiful child?

    Many more details at link, plus info. on the beautiful memorial bench and marker that was done for her by someone who cared:
    http://www.angelizdsplace.com/child32.htm

    =========================================

    Jack Richardson

    Housed: Lovelock Correctional Center
    Start Date: 08/09/2005

    Offense: 2nd Degree Murder
    Sentence: 10 years - Life

    Parole Eligibility Date: 08/08/2015
    ========================================

    Charlene Snyder

    Housed: Florence McClure Women's Correctional Center
    Start Date: 08/09/2005

    Offense: 2nd Degree Murder
    Sentence: 10 years - Life

    Parole Eligibility Date: 08/08/2015

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,340
    give her up for adoption to people that would jeesh. why is this so hard to understand?

    oh, and what kind of 'home supervision' was going on for a year? the same kind of 'supervision' garrido had in california from his parole officers?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    883
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../27210748.html

    "The home's shower had cobwebs in it, the sinks were full of debris and dirty dishes, and the home's toilet was filthy and inoperable. Charlene Snyder pointed to bottles she said she fed the babies with, but they were moldy."

    What?! Then I found this!

    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010...-neglect-case/

    "In a 2-1 decision, the Nevada Supreme Court has voided the second-degree murder conviction of Charlene Snyder in a highly publicized child neglect case in Las Vegas."

    "Snyder, now 32, will return to district court in Las Vegas for new proceedings."

    They didn't get a psychiatric consultation for her at the time even though she had a history of mental health issues. Bah. I read some other articles that claimed the couple spent the children's disability checks on gambling. Not sure if this is true or not as the sites that claimed this were anti-gambling and I can't find the original article.
    Last edited by BuzzieCat; 05-19-2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Add


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    6,340
    well im really ecstatic the NSC has overturned the sentence for this baby killer <sarcasm> yet they made a ruling on my case based on bogus information and were too stupid to research the case they were ruling on to know the prosecutions theory of her 'confession' doesnt come close to matching reailty.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,669
    Thanks BuzzieCat - I totally missed the appeal. Let me see if I can get a date for retrial. And, of course she's nuts, they're all nuts. You have to be nuts to do the things that people do to their children. However, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be in jail, IMO.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,669
    Mr. Moreo stated Defendant is at the Nevada Department of Corrections, the
    Supreme Court has ordered a reversal and remand, but the remittitur has not
    been sent; the State has moved for a rehearing and this Court does not have
    jurisdiction. Mr. Jackson agreed. COURT ORDERED, matter OFF CALENDAR.

    http://www.recordslogin.com/members/...pqjs2dm2nintm0

    Trying to figure out who has jurisdiction now. District Court closed the case on 2/12/2010.



Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY TX - Ayahna Comb, 9, disabled, dies of extreme neglect, Houston, 29 Jan 2014
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-07-2016, 02:15 PM
  2. GUILTY MO - Darren Kimbrough, 35, disabled, dies of extreme neglect, St Louis, 17 July 2005
    By Old Broad in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 09:16 AM
  3. GUILTY CA - Naomi Mendez, 43, disabled, dies of extreme neglect, Covina, 27 Feb 2007
    By Lovejac in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-19-2015, 03:24 AM
  4. GUILTY AR - Shirley Chittum, 71, dies of extreme neglect, Bentonville, 3 Dec 2005
    By Casshew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-15-2015, 01:37 PM
  5. GUILTY PA - Robert Gensiak, 32, disabled, dies of extreme neglect, Taylor, 20 March 2013
    By mysticrose in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-30-2014, 04:23 AM

Tags for this Thread