GUILTY KY - Alexa Raley, 3, beaten to death, Boyle County, 23 June 2014

Alexa%20Raley_zpsrv1dukdo.jpg

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews...-b88b-1fd574b848cb.html?_dc=929764145286.7538

Until she was charged with murder in the beating death of her 3-year-old stepgranddaughter, Shila Ison Raley had a spotless criminal record. Not even a traffic ticket.

While Shila Raley may have been a stranger to local law enforcement, she was a familiar face to the social workers at the Boyle County offices of Child Protective Services and Adult Protective Services. Since 2002, those agencies were referred to Shila Raley 19 times. Most of the referrals were based on allegations of child neglect, though accusations of physical and sexual child abuse, domestic violence and drug abuse are also part of her history with the state Cabinet of Health and Family Services...

Until the investigation that began on June 23, 2014, the day Alexa Raley died of internal bleeding caused by blunt force blows to her abdomen while in Shila Raley’s care, none of those allegations against her were substantiated.

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews...cle_ce0fcd45-f428-5a6e-a4ab-62ed1557919d.html

A preliminary autopsy report showed Alexa died of blunt force trauma to her abdomen and torso. Commonwealth's Attorney Richie Bottoms said that it appears Alexa was struck more than once, but it isn't clear if "it was a fist, an object or something else" that caused the fatal injuries...

Alexa was the daughter of Jessica Young and Alex Raley, who shared equal custody of her in five-day blocks. When Young delivered her daughter to a member of the Raley family for time with her father on June 20, a Friday evening, the girl "appeared to be in good health, with no apparent injuries, according to witness statements, pictures and other evidence," Bottoms said.

The following Monday afternoon, Shila Raley brought Alexa to the emergency room at Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center in such critical condition she was immediately rushed to the University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington, where she died later that night.

Makes 2 threads & I beat ya this time! :floorlaugh: A first in beating Granny for me!

I forgot to add Kentucky to the title. :blushing:

Granny I'm trying to ease your work load, and you're still going like a bat outta Hail! :D

What a sad life for this child. Did the grandma kick her in the stomach? A tiny 3 year old..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granny I'm trying to ease your work load, and you're still going like a bat outta Hail! :D

Oh, no, I really just needed a few minutes back in my old routine, been busybusy lately with tedious maintenance stuff. But I was thinking of you when I posted this; I knew you'd be all over it, just not so quickly, lol. Please, ease my workload all you want!

Oh, this one was so preventable. This sweet child did not have to die.

Now I know when CPS recognizes child abuse and neglect. After the child dies!
Seriously, those notes on the case read to me as if the worker is listing all the reasons why the children need to be removed and then ta-da! Allegations unfounded. Like social work is the opposite of a logical train of thought.

Woman pleads guilty in death of step-granddaughter - September 2016

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Woman-pleads-guilty-in-death-of-step-granddaughter-392778811.html

A woman pleaded guilty in the death of her step-granddaughter.

At an arraignment Thursday, Shila Raley pleaded guilty to 2nd degree manslaughter in the death of 3-year-old Alexa Raley. The prosecutor recommended a five-year sentence.

Alexa's family didn't have much to say after the hearing. They told WKYT they are glad Shila plead guilty.

"She plead guilty that's what we wanted she'll be marked guilty for life," Alexa's mom, Jessica Young said.

Raley sentenced to five years minus time served for manslaughter - October 2016

http://www.amnews.com/2016/10/05/raley-sentenced-to-five-years-minus-time-served-for-manslaughter/

Shila Raley, 42, was sentenced on Tuesday to five years in prison. After credit for time already served, that leaves 38 months to serve. Raley pleaded guilty in September to second-degree manslaughter, a Class C felony.

Raley’s guilty plea was a special kind often called an “Alford Plea,” in which the person making the plea doesn’t technically admit guilt.

“(Accepting the plea) was a decision she made based upon a lot of prayer and faith. She’s absolutely, 100 percent confident that she didn’t do anything, in the way she handled this case, to jeopardize that,” said her attorney, Marcus Carey, after the sentence was delivered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back