725 users online (75 members and 650 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

PA - Kelley Snyder, 34, Renovo, 5 April 2015

Kelley Jo Snyder

Missing Person Report from Renovo
    RENOVO—State police have issued a missing person report for a Renovo woman last seen Sunday evening walking to the Dollar General store there.

Police identified her as Kelley Jo Snyder, 34, of 234 Fourth St., Renovo. The police report said Snyder left her keys and cell phone at her residence, carrying only a small wallet containing her bank card, identification and some money; she never returned home, police said, and her location is unknown.
    http://therecord-online.com/site/?p=11666
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Looks like a really small community. Someone had to have seen Kelley.
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

http://wnep.com/2015/04/06/state-pol...missing-woman/

no new info but at least on news.....where are you Kelley??
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Kelley's FB. Nothing out of the ordinary, which, scares me. She made long term travel plans.

https://www.facebook.com/ksnyder31?ref=br_rs

The Dollar General that Kelley walked to is on Renovo Rd. which appears to be a main road. It also backs a railroad and The Susqeuhanna River. It is approx. a 3 mile walk from Kelley's home to the DG.

did kelley actually make it to the dollar general store.......is there video? maybe there was someone inside the store watching or following her?

not many details here
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

I hope this gal is found safe and well!

Do I understand correctly that she set out on FOOT for a six
    Mile round trip errand to the Dollar Store at 6PM on Easter Sunday?
    Curious.
    Was the Dollar Store open on Easter Sunday?

I'm all fat and suburban so, this type of errand would unlikely occur in my life. Therefore it seems strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2four717 View Post

Curious.

I'm all fat and suburban so, this type of errand would unlikely occur in my life. Therefore it seems strange to me.
    That bothered me too. We don't even walk to our mailbox!!
    It's a hike to the DG and back and in the late afternoon....would've been chilly out.
    I hope she is somewhere safe.

I'm pretty sure Google Maps has the location wrong. If you use streetview, there is a dollar general store very close to her house - a few blocks away. I found it on their Dollar General Website - and it's listed as 13635 Renovo Road - and Google puts it miles west of where it actually is. I don't know how to post a map with a pin in it, but the actual store is located approximately half way between her house on 4th St. to the intersection of Renovo and Stouts Hill Road. A very easy and pleasant walk. Looking on Dollar General store websites, I found the statement "most Dollar General stores are open on Easter Sunday".

Thank you for taking time to help figure this out!

I plead terrible headache to compensate for my laziness in getting facts!

Thank you for taking time to help figure this out!

I plead terrible headache to compensate for my laziness in getting facts!
    Aw - it's not your fault. Google puts it in the wrong place.

This statement seems to imply that it was said that she left the house to go to the dollar general store, it doesn't say that anyone actually saw her walking there...

"According to troopers, Kelley Jo Snyder, 34, left her home in Renovo on Sunday around 6 p.m. to walk to Dollar General and has not been seen since."

From what I have read, family and friends are organizing local search groups and getting the word out via news/radio and flyers. It sounds like there are boats checking the river and experienced Search and Rescue people in town.
    I suggested they come checkout Websleuths to access a huge amount of resources and see the thread here for Kelley.
    Last edited by mom2four717; 04-07-2015 at 07:32 PM. Reason: additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I'm pretty sure Google Maps has the location wrong. If you use streetview, there is a dollar general store very close to her house - a few blocks away. I found it on their Dollar General Website - and it's listed as 13635 Renovo Road - and Google puts it miles west of where it actually is. I don't know how to post a map with a pin in it, but the actual store is located approximately half way between her house on 4th St. to the intersection of Renovo and Stouts Hill Road. A very easy and pleasant walk. Looking on Dollar General store websites, I found the statement "most Dollar General stores are open on Easter Sunday".
    I used google and mapquest to find the distance from 13635 Renovo Rd to Kelley's home and both show approx. 2.5 miles. Do you think there is a DG closer to her home? I know there is a Family Dollar that's very close to her home (its at 900 huron ave. approx .4 of a mile)TIA

Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ellie b View Post
    This statement seems to imply that it was said that she left the house to go to the dollar general store, it doesn't say that anyone actually saw her walking there...

"According to troopers, Kelley Jo Snyder, 34, left her home in Renovo on Sunday around 6 p.m. to walk to Dollar General and has not been seen since."

From the linked article...

“Spent all day making Easter dinner together and they forgot the sweet potatoes,” said Packer.

Friends say Snyder decided to walk around the corner to Dollar General alone.

“Her family waited and waited for her to come back for Easter dinner and she never returned,” said Packer.

Her house is not even a block away from the store that she was going to. This doesn’t happen and you just disappear,” said Ashley O’Brien.

<snip>

“She said, ‘I’ll be back.’ She didn’t take her keys, her purse, nothing,” said O’Brien.
    ETA: Your suburban comment, mom, was really funny. Thank you!

Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast