Canada - Woman sexually assaulted, held captive five days in Toronto home.

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...-held-captive-for-5-days-in-toronto-home.html
rbbm.

"A 43-year-old man has been arrested and charged with kidnapping, forcible confinement, assault and sexual assault with a weapon of a 27-year-old woman involving involving “ritualistic actions.”

"Police say a man and the 27-year-old woman met on the street downtown on March 31 near Sherbourne St. and Shuter St., where they “engaged in a business transaction” and then went to the man’s home in the Dundas St. E. and Jones Ave. area.

The woman felt uncomfortable at his home and tried to leave, said Beaven-Desjardins. She was threatened with a handgun, bound by duct tape and handcuffs and held captive for five days.

“It appears through investigation that she was targeted, that he has some form of ritualistic actions involved in the crime as well,” said Beaven-Desjardins.

She didn’t elaborate on the “ritualistic actions,” except to say that the man “did do things that we are very unfamiliar with.”

"Police say that “due to the nature and severity” of the crime, there could be further victims and allege the suspect “does target sex-trade workers.”

When police arrived to arrest Perron on Sunday he had fled the area. He was found and arrested on Monday.

Perron, who is known to police, has been charged with kidnapping, forcible confinement, sexual assault with a weapon, and assault.

He has lived in Toronto for 10 years, but is originally from Timmins, Ont. He has also spent time in the Chatham and London areas. Police are encouraging any previous victims to contact the sex crimes unit at 416-808-7474.

“While we encourage all effected individuals to come forward and report to police, we want to make sure everyone has access to the support services, regardless of their decision to proceed criminally,” Beaven-Desjardins said.
"

rbbm.

http://news.nationalpost.com/toront...ting-toronto-sex-worker-in-ritualistic-attack

Sorry, I have no input. I'm speechless, and lost for words on this one. The thing I can say is that people need to be careful, and have someone with them when making business deals on the street. Never agree to go to someone's home unless you have a friend with you.

Wondering what kind of "ritualistic actions" could be so far out there, that LE would state they are “ things that we are very unfamiliar with.”?!

ETA, Oh, maybe this?

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/04/0...epeatedly-sexually-assaulted-with-weapon-cops
"Police allege the man approached a 27-year-old sex-trade worker in the Sherbourne and Shuter Sts. area around March 31. He produced a firearm and took her to a home in the Dundas St. and Jones Ave. neighbourhood.

"The man sexually assaulted the woman, with a weapon, multiple times," Toronto Police said in a release."

Rbbm.

"Beaven-Desjardins said the accused is known to police. Investigators have reached out to the Ontario Provincial Police as part of their investigation.

"When we get crimes of this type that we believe are transient or can happen over many jurisdictions, we notify the OPP — their serial predator unit — and they look into the information that they have and see if there is anything else that can be linked to this individual," Beaven-Desjardins said.

Anyone with information about this or similar incidents is asked to contact investigators at 416-808-7474. Tips can also be passed on anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 416-222-8477."

Very disturbing. What other cases is he linked to?

I wonder what he would have done to her if she didn't escape? Surely she could recognize him. I highly doubt this was his first time, which gives me chills thinking what could come out.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...c-rescue-of-woman-confined-in-house-1.3024573

On Wednesday, Peter Hamilton told CBC's Metro Morning how he heard the woman's desperate cries for help while walking his dog Sunday in the Dundas Street East and Jones Street area. Hamilton said the woman had managed to reach the front veranda of the house, but could go no further due to restraints around both her hands and feet.
"I heard a cry for help from one of the houses on our street," Hamilton told host Matt Galloway.

Hamilton said the woman was naked from the waist down and struggling to escape. He rushed to the veranda to help.
"She had managed to get to the door," said Hamilton. "She said 'I've been kidnapped and I've been held for five days in this house.'"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...c-rescue-of-woman-confined-in-house-1.3024573

On Wednesday, Peter Hamilton told CBC's Metro Morning how he heard the woman's desperate cries for help while walking his dog Sunday in the Dundas Street East and Jones Street area. Hamilton said the woman had managed to reach the front veranda of the house, but could go no further due to restraints around both her hands and feet.
"I heard a cry for help from one of the houses on our street," Hamilton told host Matt Galloway.

Hamilton said the woman was naked from the waist down and struggling to escape. He rushed to the veranda to help.
"She had managed to get to the door," said Hamilton. "She said 'I've been kidnapped and I've been held for five days in this house.'"

Thanks, that was a very good interview!

Is the suspect wearing a haz-mat suit, as reported earlier, or is that a prison outfit of some kind?
If the suspect is in fact wearing a haz-mat suit, wondering why??

Update,
lengthy article.
Noting one of the unusual rituals, rbbm. besides the " marriage ".
April 12 2017
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/04/12/when-horror-comes-calling-a-hero-is-made-keenan.html
By Edward KeenanColumnist

When horror comes calling, a hero is made: Keenan

Peter Hamilton heard a woman’s cry for help while out walking his dog in Leslieville
“The horror of what happened to her, of what she had gone through, hadn’t really sunk into me yet,” he said as he described it to me at the time.

Indeed, only the broad strokes of what had happened were known when I wrote about the encounter two years ago. The story of the woman’s escape from captivity, and Hamilton’s accidental role in helping with it, provided the smallest of silver linings to a horrifyingly dark cloud of a crime. How dark it was only became clear last week, when 45-year-old Rejean Perron pled guilty to use of an imitation firearm in the commission of an indictable offence, forcible confinement, and sexual assault with a weapon.

The details are very disturbing.

According to the agreed statement of fact read in court on April 4, Perron lived alone at the time in that red brick rooming house, supporting himself on Ontario Works. “During 2014, Mr. Perron devised a plan to find a vulnerable woman, kidnap her if necessary and force her to get engaged and married.”

He set about gathering tools to execute this plan: filling a duffel bag with two plastic guns, a hunting knife, five pairs of handcuffs, rope and masking tape. “He looked for a secluded location to execute his plan. An opportunity to execute his plan never presented itself,” the statement of fact reads.
“Mr. Perron performed a marriage ceremony and put a Barbie ring on her finger.” Over the next five days, “Mr. Perron continued to sexually assault” her in various ways. I will spare you the more graphic details. But he terrorized her continuously. She remained naked from the waist down, her undergarments and pants cut off of her by Perron. She was kept in his bedroom, forced to relieve herself in a bucket. Perron called her “his Barbie” and cut her hair, painted her finger and toenails red and sprinkled her with glitter.
Finally, after five days of being assaulted and terrorized, she had a chance. The statement of fact says the victim, still handcuffed and bound, moved the mini-fridge that was blocking the door, and slid down two flights of stairs while calling for help. She made her way out onto the veranda outside, where Peter Hamilton was walking his dog.

Thank you for the update dotr. This is the first I heard of this case.. had to double back and check the date bc I thought this just happened. I use to live in this area when I first moved to Toronto, not the best place to live. Moved pretty quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back