940 users online (182 members and 758 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1395
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,300

    MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #4

    This is my first time posting in this thread. I definitely think he should be found guilty of first degree murder and all other charges based on the evidence presented in court. I was just coming here to post because I am very into football and read a lot of football messageboards and there's one now where people are commenting on the case now that we are in "verdict watch." About half of the posters, some of whom "claim" to be lawyers, think he will be found not guilty of the murder charge because there is too much reasonable doubt and because the judge was so biased. I agree about the judge, but completely disagree about the not guilty verdict especially after hearing the jury instructions. I think everyone knows hernandez did it i just hope the jury can use the evidence and common sense to reach that verdict. Does anyone think it will be a NG verdict?
    "The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path"~Travis Alexander

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,071

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollyandme View Post
    This is my first time posting in this thread. I definitely think he should be found guilty of first degree murder and all other charges based on the evidence presented in court. I was just coming here to post because I am very into football and read a lot of football messageboards and there's one now where people are commenting on the case now that we are in "verdict watch." About half of the posters, some of whom "claim" to be lawyers, think he will be found not guilty of the murder charge because there is too much reasonable doubt and because the judge was so biased. I agree about the judge, but completely disagree about the not guilty verdict especially after hearing the jury instructions. I think everyone knows hernandez did it i just hope the jury can use the evidence and common sense to reach that verdict. Does anyone think it will be a NG verdict?
    Mollyandme,

    Thank you and welcome to Websleuths.

    Since I was closing the thread where you made your first post I moved it over here. I meant to put it beneath my opening post but ended up on top for some reason.

    Thanks for participating.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Burbs ~ Down South
    Posts
    8,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollyandme View Post
    This is my first time posting in this thread. I definitely think he should be found guilty of first degree murder and all other charges based on the evidence presented in court. I was just coming here to post because I am very into football and read a lot of football messageboards and there's one now where people are commenting on the case now that we are in "verdict watch." About half of the posters, some of whom "claim" to be lawyers, think he will be found not guilty of the murder charge because there is too much reasonable doubt and because the judge was so biased. I agree about the judge, but completely disagree about the not guilty verdict especially after hearing the jury instructions. I think everyone knows hernandez did it i just hope the jury can use the evidence and common sense to reach that verdict. Does anyone think it will be a NG verdict?
    hi molly so glad to see you here ........

    i can definitely agree with you about the biased judge.....i don't think i have ever witnessed such a thing.....it was unbelievable and i have quite a number of years of experience in the legal field......cyber and real life........unbelievable!!!

    but i disagree with those so called "lawyers" on the football forums....i do think there is enough evidence that garsh did allow in to connect the dots and convict him......i think the jury will have some discussions that may get deep......but i think they will find their way....or at least i pray they do.......

    when looking at the evidence overall.......in my opinion.....it's pretty damning......

    hope to see you for the verdict and around on the boards after this and hopefully we will be celebrating the clanging of wrist irons
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollyandme View Post
    This is my first time posting in this thread. I definitely think he should be found guilty of first degree murder and all other charges based on the evidence presented in court. I was just coming here to post because I am very into football and read a lot of football messageboards and there's one now where people are commenting on the case now that we are in "verdict watch." About half of the posters, some of whom "claim" to be lawyers, think he will be found not guilty of the murder charge because there is too much reasonable doubt and because the judge was so biased. I agree about the judge, but completely disagree about the not guilty verdict especially after hearing the jury instructions. I think everyone knows hernandez did it i just hope the jury can use the evidence and common sense to reach that verdict. Does anyone think it will be a NG verdict?
    Hey Molly, if you have time, could you ask them what they think about Sultan confessing AH's presence at the crime?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Burbs ~ Down South
    Posts
    8,436
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXBg...ature=youtu.be defense closing

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tnn...ature=youtu.be prosecution closing

    for those of you that may be playing catch up

    and fyi jury deliberates tomorrow from 9-4
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    Welcome, mollyandme, although I am a newbie here as well. Words fail when it comes to Garsh imvho. I have never heard of a case where the final words of the victim which named his killer were suppressed. Queen Bee, help me out with that one because I am a civilian only but I was pretty stunned. (Referencing Loyds final text.)
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Bee View Post
    hi molly so glad to see you here ........

    i can definitely agree with you about the biased judge.....i don't think i have ever witnessed such a thing.....it was unbelievable and i have quite a number of years of experience in the legal field......cyber and real life........unbelievable!!!

    but i disagree with those so called "lawyers" on the football forums....i do think there is enough evidence that garsh did allow in to connect the dots and convict him......i think the jury will have some discussions that may get deep......but i think they will find their way....or at least i pray they do.......

    when looking at the evidence overall.......in my opinion.....it's pretty damning......

    hope to see you for the verdict and around on the boards after this and hopefully we will be celebrating the clanging of wrist irons

    I completely agree. I disagreed with what was posted on those boards too. And his fiancée is just terrible. Absolutely disgusting behavior! She should be in jail
    "The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path"~Travis Alexander

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by SStarr33 View Post
    Hey Molly, if you have time, could you ask them what they think about Sultan confessing AH's presence at the crime?
    I would but I don't comment, i just read usually when it pertains to the Eagles. I think it's also important to note that it's mostly men on those boards. I am not trying to stereotype at all but when I have discussed cases i follow with my husband or guy friends, most of them tend to say "yea that persons probably guilty but I dunno I think there could be reasonable doubt"....it's so maddening!
    "The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path"~Travis Alexander

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Burbs ~ Down South
    Posts
    8,436
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Welcome, mollyandme, although I am a newbie here as well. Words fail when it comes to Garsh imvho. I have never heard of a case where the final words of the victim which named his killer were suppressed. Queen Bee, help me out with that one because I am a civilian only but I was pretty stunned. (Referencing Loyds final text.)
    it basically boils down to the fact that the defendant doesn't have the opportunity to cross exam the person making the utterance (yeah i know)....it depends on the state if those type of final declarances are allowed.....there is a case in WI that was quite nationally followed and on here....are you familiar with the julie jensen murder? she wrote a letter thinking her husband was trying to kill her and told how....he did by poisoning her with anitfreeze.....the letter was allowed in his trial.....he was convicted.......the conviction was overturned....just an example.....it's a highly debated issue state to state and a highly appealed issue as well
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,673
    I haven't followed this case much but I've seen repeated reports about the defendant seeming totally at ease, swaggering, acting like he's happy as a clam. That truly bothers me. If nothing else, someone has been killed. How dare he treat the situation so casually?
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Burbs ~ Down South
    Posts
    8,436
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    I haven't followed this case much but I've seen repeated reports about the defendant seeming totally at ease, swaggering, acting like he's happy as a clam. That truly bothers me. If nothing else, someone has been killed. How dare he treat the situation so casually?
    hi gitana good to see you!

    oh it's been sickening he's a psycho imo........i feel so badly for odin's mother and family and girlfriend........

    would you please look at the post above and see if i properly explained why odin's text was not allowed? i did my best
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    I haven't followed this case much but I've seen repeated reports about the defendant seeming totally at ease, swaggering, acting like he's happy as a clam. That truly bothers me. If nothing else, someone has been killed. How dare he treat the situation so casually?
    I agree, have you read about the behavior between him and his fiancée after the jury went into deliberations? That really made my blood boil! There are tweets about it on the previous thread but basically they were flirting heavily with eachother
    "The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path"~Travis Alexander

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Bee View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXBg...ature=youtu.be defense closing

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tnn...ature=youtu.be prosecution closing

    for those of you that may be playing catch up

    and fyi jury deliberates tomorrow from 9-4
    I just re-listened to about 10 minutes or so of Sultan's closing and he said "we know" at least 5 times.

    I don't understand why the defense is allowed to say "we know" and the prosecution is not.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Midwest
    Posts
    12,517
    Hoping for a guilty verdict!

    Sorry guys... I'm kind of a mes.... Got home from hubby's surgery..... Mom was there. After feeling everything went good....Get a call from mom... she is in the er... can't breathe.... shortness of breathe;;;;;;

    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!



Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NOT GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #6
    By KateB in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1035
    Last Post: 04-14-2017, 05:05 PM
  2. NOT GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #5
    By KateB in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1063
    Last Post: 04-02-2017, 10:51 AM
  3. GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #3
    By Harmony 2 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 982
    Last Post: 04-07-2015, 06:22 PM
  4. GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #2
    By Softail in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1011
    Last Post: 03-13-2015, 09:13 AM
  5. GUILTY MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #1
    By wfgodot in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 703
    Last Post: 01-29-2015, 10:24 AM

Tags for this Thread