GUILTY Australia - Three children drowned in lake, Wyndham Vale, Vic, 8 April 2015

sweetcaro

Reaction score
A car with one adult and four children plunged into a lake in Wyndham Vale just before 4pm today. One child died on the scene, the other on the way to hospital. The adult is reported to be the mother, who is in hospital under police guard.

ABC News Melbourne ‏@abcnewsMelb 6m6 minutes ago
Police confirm a second child has been died after a car crashed into a lake in Wyndham Vale

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-at-wyndham-vale/story-fni0fit3-1227295916104

Children die, others critical in car lake plunge at Wyndham Vale
JON KAILA HERALD SUN APRIL 08, 2015 5:49PM

TWO children have died and others are seriously injured after their car plunged into a lake at Wyndham Vale this afternoon.

The car was found in the lake off Manor Lakes Boulevard, near Pedder Street, at 3.40pm.

The female driver is under police guard in hospital.

Police believe all four children were under six years of age.

“One child is deceased and it’s believed several other children are seriously injured,” Victoria Police spokeswoman Kelly Yates said

A 3rd Child had died. :(

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/c...nto-lake-in-wyndham-vale-20150408-1mgte2.html

Paramedics were called to Manor Lakes Boulevard, Wyndham Vale, about 3.40pm after a car went into the lake.

Police confirmed about 4.45pm that one child was dead. Another died on the way to hospital about 45 minutes later. A third was confirmed dead just before 7pm. A fourth child is in a serious condition at the Royal Children's Hospital.

Oh my gosh. :( I do wonder how this happened. I live in a similar type of estate in the Northern Suburbs and to enter one of our lakes like she did would require reckless driving, or deliberation. It is hard for your mind not to wander right away to the case of the Farquharson boys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Farquharson

Poor little children. :(

013906-ab1a4da0-ddc4-11e4-bf00-4d5fe57f7b86.jpg

This is the lake - makes you wonder how she ended up 30 metres into it. It is in the midst of a residential area so the speed limit is probably only 50kmh.

Would an epileptic fit cause you to plant your foot on the accelerator?

I wonder if the car was driven in a straight line......

one of those cases where it feels a bit odd to thank anyone for their posting about such tragedy... but thanks for sharing this terrible news, so so sad...

Would an epileptic fit cause you to plant your foot on the accelerator?

I wonder if the car was driven in a straight line......
This is what happened to my Grandfather. Thankfully he survived. There was no body of water around for him though, which makes a huge difference.

This is what happened to my Grandfather. Thankfully he survived. There was no body of water around for him though, which makes a huge difference.

Happened to an ex of mine, too. Luckily the passenger was able to get the car safely to the side of the road (no idea how, this was many years before I met him). Thankfully, he's been many years (at least 15) without a seizure.

He said the mum’s name was Akorn Manang and that the three dead children were a boy named Madit and his twin sister Anger and a one-year-old called Bol.

The father is called Joseph Tito Manaang, they said.

Thomas Kok, the cousin of the children’s father said the family had moved from South Sudan in 2008.

The mother Akon Manaang had a total of seven children.

“It’s a shock for everyone,” he said.

“We spent all night at hospital until 3 in the morning.

“As soon as I saw the community coming towards this scene where the accident happen makes me feel like how people care.”

The deceased one year old boy was called Bol and his lost twin siblings boy Madit and girl Anger — both aged 4.

Their five year old sister fighting for life was Awel.

The family, who had seven children in total, came to Australia from South Sudan.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-at-wyndham-vale/story-fni0fit3-1227295916104

Those kids were soooo cute and had such beautiful smiles. I'm so sad for their family.

A mother who lost three of her seven children after driving a car into a Melbourne lake came to Australia from Sudan to escape the war there.

Members of her family and the local Sudanese community said Akon Guode's first husband died in Sudan.

Her current husband is the father of the four children who were in the Toyota Kruger as it veered off Manor Lakes Boulevard into the lake at Wyndham Vale on Wednesday afternoon.

A makeshift memorial has been created at the scene for the three children and their five-year-old sister, Awel, who remains critically injured.

One-year-old Bol, his four-year-old sister Anger and her twin brother Maudit died.

Thomas Kok, a cousin of the children's father, said the family remained hopeful little Awel will pull through but are devastated by the deaths.

'It's shocked everyone,' he said.

Martha Mayola, whose children went to school with the children who died, said the family came to Australia to escape the civil war in Sudan.

Now the community must be strong to ensure something similar never happens again, she said.

'Our community here may be weak,' she told reporters.

'We need to be stronger so we can see someone with problems and help them.'

Ms Guode, 35, was speaking with homicide detectives on Thursday.

However, Superintendent Stuart Bateson said police needed the community's help to find out what happened.

'We need to understand their movements yesterday leading up to the incident,' he said.

'We understand that there may be some social, cultural and religious implications impacting on the community, but let me reassure you that we will remain respectful of those issues at all times.'

Police have now removed the car from the water, it's tyres covered in thick mud.

The Major Collisions Unit will examine the vehicle as part of investigations to find out whether the fatal smash was an accident or not.

Close family friend Maciek Nek said the mother, also known as Akon Manaang, came to Australia as a refugee.

'She came here for a better life,' he told reporters.

'It's very sad for us, the children is sad ... other children are older.'

Leslie Ward-Davies, who lives nearby, said she felt for the woman.

'My heart aches for the mother.'

The devastated father of the four children, Joseph Manyang, reportedly made a brief visit to the site of the tragedy in Wyndham

Vale.

Mr Manyang's niece, 16-year-old Amani Alier, said the family could do nothing to console the devastated man.

'He's shattered, he couldn't stop crying, his nose was bleeding,' the teenager told the Herald Sun newspaper.

'He just dropped when he saw a picture of his son on the wall.

'It's so hard for him to deal with. He loved those kids.'

Homicide detectives have reportedly also removed a computer and other items from the mother's home.

www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories...scaped-war-in-sudan.html#sthash.2GXvYdaE.dpuf

Sounds like maybe she had a seizure? They're calling it a blackout in the article but to me a seizure would make more sense, especially since she said she felt dizzy.

I hope very much that the 5 yr old is allowed to see her deceased siblings so she knows crocodiles didn't really eat them. That poor little thing.

I agree, it does sound like she had a seizure.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back