742 users online (125 members and 617 guests)  

Websleuths News

LA - Honor, 5, & Hayden Burley, 4, Youngsville, 5 April 2015

Honor and Hayden are believed to be traveling with their biological mother, Ocean Manning, possibly in a white Chevrolet truck bearing Oklahoma license plate BADC01. Honor and Hayden may be with their mother in Oklahoma, Texas, or Louisiana.

Honor is a white female with blonde hair and green eyes. She is approximately 4 tall and weighs about 50 pounds.

Hayden is a white male with brown hair and brown eyes. He is approximately 3 tall and weighs about 30 pounds.

http://klfy.com/2015/04/08/youngsvil...sing-children/

Have you seen these 2 missing kids and their mom in Texas?

Police in Louisiana are asking for help locating two missing children who who may be in Texas with their mother. Authorities believe Honor Burley, 5, and Hayden Burley, 4, missing since Saturday, are in danger.

There seems to be a lot more to this case than meets the eye. Take a look at the comments on this article. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=honor+burley

Who is telling the truth here?

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    There seems to be a lot more to this case than meets the eye. Take a look at the comments on this article. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=honor+burley

Who is telling the truth here?
    It appears that link just loops back to this same thread? Or perhaps I'm not doing some correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    From the linked article...

Manning is wanted for cruelty to juveniles, abuse of children, false reporting and criminal mischief.
    The mom defies a judges order and skips town with her children? I hope these little kids are found safe soon.

Is it possible that these charges are the result of a nasty divorce and custody battle and aren't really what they seem to be?

I think we've all seen cases where one parent is put through a ringer during a custody battle, and a picture is painted of them that is not true, and they lose custody.

Comments under this article are interesting.

http://abc13.com/news/have-you-seen-...-texas/641972/

I'm pretty sure the McAlister news got the year wrong - they went missing this March, not March 2014, didn't they?

<modsnip>

From the first article linked above...... Honor and Hayden are believed to be traveling with their biological mother, Ocean Manning, possibly in a white Chevrolet truck bearing Oklahoma license plate BADC01. Honor and Hayden may be with their mother in Oklahoma, Texas, or Louisiana.
    Last edited by sillybilly; 04-14-2015 at 07:27 PM. Reason: snipped quote with wrong name/pic

Very interesting comments indeed. Very messy situation it seems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Endangered Missing Children found safe
    In the very early morning hours on Wednesday, April 15, 2015, Endangered Missing Children, Honor and Hayden Burley, were recovered, safe, by the Rogers County Sheriff’s Office in Claremore, Oklahoma. Five year old, Honor, and four year old, Hayden, had been missing from Youngsville, Louisiana, since April 4, 2015.
    http://klfy.com/2015/04/15/endangere...en-found-safe/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Children, missing for 11 days, placed in foster care
    Two Youngsville children reported missing by their father and later found in Oklahoma have been placed in foster care.

A show cause hearing took place in Claremore, Oklahoma on Thursday afternoon, to determine custody arrangements for 4-year old Hayden Burley and his sister, five-year old Honor.

The children’s mother, Ocean Manning, illegally left the state of Louisiana with the children on April 4th. A week later, Louisiana State Police issued an arrest warrant for Manning for charges including cruelty to juveniles, abuse of children, false reporting and criminal mischief. Manning was found and arrested in Claremore, Oklahoma Wednesday morning and released on bond.

Manning made several accusations against the biological father, Bryson Burley for sexual abuse of Honor and Hayden. Investigations were conducted by the Louisiana State Police, Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Child Protective Services. Burley was cleared by the agencies of any wrong-doing and was never charged with any crime.
    http://klfy.com/2015/04/16/children-...n-foster-care/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Thank God another jurisdiction has stepped in to take another look at this case. REALLY? A judge would order a woman to stop making claims of sexual abuse on behalf of her children against their father?

Just going by the "sniff" test, this case looks to me like a mother very desperate to keep her children safe, and is facing a nightmare court system that somehow is stacked against her in favor of an abusive husband.

And it does seem to happen. Of course, it happens in reverse also.

I wonder if these little ones have a CASA volunteer?

Or look at this way - could be a woman in a messy and spiteful custody war in which the mother is making false claims and feeding lies into their children's heads in order to cut the father out of their lives. It happens a lot more than people would like to think. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!