1000 users online (172 members and 828 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Tristan Lucero, 19, Butte County, 5 April 2015

Tristian Lucero

Butte Sheriff’s Office asking for help locating 19-year-old missing since Sunday
    Authorities are asking for help in locating a 19-year-old man last heard from on Sunday.

According to the Butte County Sheriff’s Office, Tristian Lucero told a friend over the phone Sunday afternoon that he had been lost in the woods for several hours and had no idea where he was.

The 19-year-old mentioned walking along flumes, which he described as recently being repaired, and also mentioned walking over a grate, the Sheriff’s Office said.

According to authorities, that phone call was the last time anyone heard from Lucero.

Lucero is believed to have been between the bridge at Whiskey Flat off of Jordan Hill Road in Magalia and Dean Road in Paradise.

According to the Sheriff’s Office, a friend of Lucero’s left him in the woods on Sunday morning to find help and an unknown man found “this person at an unknown location and gave him a ride home.” The person was said to be driving a blue Samurai and had a female passenger with him.

The Sheriff’s Office said it would like to speak with these two people to gain information as to the location they found Lucero’s friend.
    http://www.chicoer.com/general-news/...g-since-sunday
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This story makes absolutely no sense. Why did his friend leave him to find help? I'm guessing maybe drugs were involved, or whomever wrote this news article maybe did some. Sigh. This boy has a sweet smile. I hope he is found soon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Tristan Lucero, 18, Butte County, 5 April 2015

Tristan Lucero

Crews search for teen missing since Sunday
    A search effort is continuing for a Paradise man who went missing on Sunday evening. Butte County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue crews were staged at Jordan Hill Road Friday afternoon in hopes of finding Tristan Lucero, 19, who was with a friend when he disappeared.

Crews have searched along the flumes from the head gate to Kunkle Reservoir - a distance of about five or six miles, according to search crews - but have not located any sign of Lucero, said Detective Jay Freeman.

“We’re looking for any evidence that will help us locate him,” Freeman said.

So far, nothing has turned up.

Freeman said every search situation is different. In Lucero’s case, Freeman said the missing man and his friend did swim the river, which increases the chance of hypothermia.
    http://www.paradisepost.com/general-...g-since-sunday
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Thanks Los. I have not seen ANY updates on the local news. So frustrating

From the Butte County Search & Rescue page today 4/16:

Butte County Sheriff Search & Rescue
    9 hrs ·
    Crazy busy day today - we have a search team headed to Siskiyou County on a mutual aid request, a search team headed to Paradise to continue that search, and our Air Ops team will be participating in a joint helicopter training with CalFire and the California Air National Guard at the Afterbay.

They are looking for him, hoping they find this young man.

Sigh.

The body of a 19-year-old reported missing has been recovered by the Butte County Sheriff's Office.

According to Miranda Bowersox, public information officer, around 11:25 a.m. Monday the Sheriff's Office and Search and Rescue found a body in the west branch of the Feather River below the Feather River Hospital.

The Sheriff's Office was able to positively identify the body as Tristan Lucero of Paradise by tattoos and jewelry.

http://m.krcrtv.com/body-of-missing-...found/32472366

His smile stuck with me. I was hoping he would be found safe.

Rest in peace Tristan. You could have made people happy for a long time sharing such a great smile.

Sounds to me like his friend failed him. There was cell service. Why did his friend wait to call authorities? Sad

http://www.chicoer.com//general-news...-feather-river

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Sounds to me like his friend failed him. There was cell service. Why did his friend wait to call authorities? Sad

http://www.chicoer.com//general-news...-feather-river

#RIPTristan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Skeeter, I don't get that the friend failed him from the article. Here's a quote:

"The friend hiked his way out, flagged down a ride and later alerted authorities to the situation.

Bowersox said she didn’t know why they didn’t go back for Lucero that night. She said though he was left alone, Lucero was able to contact friends and family via cellphone. "

I guess the answer lies in the "later" - as in how much later? If he came out of the hiking area and then called authorities the same day / evening, then I don't think he failed anyone. It seems Tristan was able to continue to communicate to people once his friend had left.

What happened Tristan? Did you slip and fall into the water? This seems like the most likely answer.

RIP.

"later" is the key word. And Bowersox saying they did not go back look for him. Why not? The young man was unfamiliar with the area, why would a friend leave him in the cold? It's possible he accidentally fell in. But its jmo.
    Rip

I highly doubt anyone we will be charged because a call came "later," & I am sure his friend feels bad enough. The ME will probably mark it an accident and the family probably will accept it. Unless, of course there is evidence of foul play. RIP.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

http://www.chicoer.com//general-news...g-since-sunday

I never noticed this article. The friend went for help and got a ride that had two people in the car. If he was going for help, why didn't he mention it to the people that picked him up? I'm sorry but I think it needs investigated.

Per the Butte County Sheriff FB page 4/20/15, Tristian's body was found in the Feather River

The body that was recovered from the Feather River today has been positively identified as that of Tristian Lucero

https://www.facebook.com/bcsonews/posts/477760519040898

Few more details in this article...
    http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/ne...-paradise-man/
    In case the rambling text doesnt give it away... all posts are my opinion only and only for use on WebSleuths!