Mom says cuddling premature baby declared dead brought him to life

TrackerSam

Reaction score
An Australian mom’s cuddles brought her premature baby to life after doctors declared him dead, she says.

Kate Ogg gave birth to twins, Jamie and Emily, in 2010, but doctors told her only Emily survived. She asked to hold Jamie, and ordered her husband, David, to join her shirtless in bed, hoping to give their boy some warmth, the Daily Mail reported.

Cradled against his mom’s skin, Jamie started moving, Ogg said.

“If we had let the doctor walk out of the room with him, Jamie would have been dead,” she said.

Jamie’s heart rate and breathing slowed, but after 20 minutes of struggling to improve the newborn’s vitals, doctors gave up and told the new parents that Jamie wasn’t going to make it, she said.

The doctors gave the devastated couple Jamie for a goodbye cuddle.

“We had tried for years to have kids and I felt so guilty. I just wanted to cuddle him. I unwrapped him and ordered my husband to take his shirt off and climb into the bed,” she said. “He was cold and I just wanted him to be warm.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ure-baby-declared-dead-life-article-1.2148177

Did they actually declare him dead?

Jamie’s heart rate and breathing slowed, but after 20 minutes of struggling to improve the newborn’s vitals, doctors gave up and told the new parents that Jamie wasn’t going to make it, she said.

This just sounds like they said his prognosis wasn't good and he was unlikely to survive but if he had some vitals to improve he was still alive.

Oh wow, the power of a mothers love. :)

I have heard of stories like this before. So pleased for the family.

Thanks. I was rushing and didn't have time to click the link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back