CA CA - Maria Chavez, 15, Platina, 1992

morf13

Ver. Insider Golden State Killer & Zodiac Killer
Reaction score
RE: Maria Chavez 15 Year Old Girl Killed in CA 1992

Anybody have any further details on this case? Next to nothing about this on the net.

in 1992 northwest of Yuba in Platina, CA, Maria Chavez was found murdered. Police were directed to her body via an anonymous letter, when someone mailed them her watch and a map to locate her remains

Found this from 2010:

http://www.redding.com/news/chavez-cold-case

Below are some of the archived Record Searchlight stories on the unsolved murder of 15-year-old Anderson girl Maria Chavez, whose body was found in 1992 in Platina after a map and her wristwatch were sent to Anderson police.

I don't see any archived articles on that page, though. Tried searching their archives but still didn't find anything.

Thanks, I had the same issue

Somebody wanted her body found, apparently. Seems like something a serial killer would do; a killer who was personally known by Maria would probably hope the body stayed hidden forever. Just IMO.

To whom it may concern: the police don't want to solve this case. I know of someone who recently gave them information about a possible suspect, but there was not the slightest degree of interest. They don't want to solve this case just like they don't want to solve the case of Ember Graham. In the latter case, the police actually called for volunteers to help solve the mysterious disappearance of the young Ember, but then eventually suppressed video footage evidence that would have assisted the volunteers.

I live in Redding Ca and I can find very little about this case. Apparently Maria lived in Anderson, which is near Redding in Shasta County. The assumption is that the crime occurred in or near Anderson as Shasta County Sheriff Dept has jurisdiction of the cold case..

I knew Maria, I saw her in a car a black car with three Mexicans at a gas station. From Mexico maybe illegals Mexican. If there was another one I don't know. She looked at me from a distance and leaned forward and a guy in the back with her pushed her back. I thought they were relatives maybe but they weren't I found later when I mentioned it to her mom. I just got back in town didn't know she was missing. One in front driving two in the back. She was in between the two in the back. I'm guessimg now they were her killers. The thought that I possibly could have saved her and would have if I knew she was missing I would of saw that and knew immediately will always haunt me.
Police don't do much of nothing there. They were driving around with her for gods sake.

Does anybody have information on Maria’s cause of death? Even with a subscription to a newspaper archive site I’m not finding much of anything on her and her case so far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back