735 users online (88 members and 647 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182

    Burke and skate boarding

    Just wondering if anyone knows about a website about skate boarding that Burke and some of his Atlanta friends started up. Does anyone have a link for that?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389

    Bunny boilers

    I recall reading about such a website on the RST forum some time ago, but I never felt inclined to search for it. I feel very sorry for Burke and the notoriety which surrounds him. "Some people" may feel it's OK to stalk the Ramseys on the grounds that they are Ramsey supporters, but I would imagine that the Ramseys resent them just as much if not more.

    Our Big Brother has been especially lurid this year with one housemate developing a crazed obsession about one of the others. People have been incredulous about the level of obsession which this bloke (Craig) has displayed about the other (Anthony) and it reminds me very much of an Internet personality who has displayed a similar obsession about the Ramseys. It started with friendly enough banter but viewers watched as Craig's mental health deteriorated as he guarded Anthony 24/7 and started to viciously attack anyone who came near him. Anthony is an easy-going bloke who didn't want to hurt Craig's feelings but the rows between them became increasingly more frequent as Craig imagined slights where there were none and even started thinking that anyone else who spoke to Anthony was actually doing so because they were trying to destroy Craig! Craig tried to justify his obsession by saying that he was "defending" Anthony - yet Anthony has been popular (and has been favourite to win almost since the start) - and not in need of any defending! Craig told lie after lie whilst he was in the house and amazingly seemed to believe his own lies - yet he seemed blissfully unaware that he was bringing about his own problems with his behaviour! Craig has been the most hated man on TV in several polls because of his obsessive behaviour and huge ego and he was voted out this week by the public to loud boos.

    I am fascinated by human behaviour and see many parallels here - obsessiveness, possessiveness, an inability to acknowledge responsibility for error, lying, cheating and attempts to undermine the integrity of those who are seen to be the "enemy". When Craig saw that Anthony was happy to ignore him and that his attempts to woo him back with histrionics were failing, Craig poured beer over him and engineered an "accident" whereby Anthony got hit on the head with a battery pack. He finally resorted to slagging Anthony off to the others (one to one) saying that he had only ever had Anthony's best interests at heart and that Anthony's rejection was a sign of unbelievable ingratitude LOL

    This all has a very familiar ring to it :-)
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Thanx Jayelles, I'm not sure where I read about that website, I thought it might be interesting to look at some pics of Burke. I too feel very sorry for him, his life was ruined that night.
    Your last years Big Brother winner was a guest on our Big Brother here in Australia just this week, she/he seemed to enjoy himself/herself!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Thanx Jayelles, I'm not sure where I read about that website, I thought it might be interesting to look at some pics of Burke. I too feel very sorry for him, his life was ruined that night.
    Your last years Big Brother winner was a guest on our Big Brother here in Australia just this week, she/he seemed to enjoy himself/herself!
    "Our" Nadia LOL

    Nadia was so popular but she didn't have an inkling that she was. She was absolutely terrified of coming out of the house and displayed many symptoms of stress. She was convinced that the world hated her and that she would be crucified. None of the other housemates knew she was a transexual. It was hilarious to see their reactions on being told when they came out of the house.

    Re Burke. There was a recent photo of him at jameson's. He is very tall and thin. I was rather surprised that jameson permitted a recent photo of him to be posted over yonder - considering how they proclaim to want him left alone. You either want to protect the guy from an invasion of his privacy or you don't. It's hypocritical to say "leave him alone" whilst posting recent photos of him so that the world can see what he looks like these days. Still, double standards are to be expected from certain sources.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    I recall reading about such a website on the RST forum some time ago, but I never felt inclined to search for it. I feel very sorry for Burke and the notoriety which surrounds him. "Some people" may feel it's OK to stalk the Ramseys on the grounds that they are Ramsey supporters, but I would imagine that the Ramseys resent them just as much if not more.

    Our Big Brother has been especially lurid this year with one housemate developing a crazed obsession about one of the others. People have been incredulous about the level of obsession which this bloke (Craig) has displayed about the other (Anthony) and it reminds me very much of an Internet personality who has displayed a similar obsession about the Ramseys. It started with friendly enough banter but viewers watched as Craig's mental health deteriorated as he guarded Anthony 24/7 and started to viciously attack anyone who came near him. Anthony is an easy-going bloke who didn't want to hurt Craig's feelings but the rows between them became increasingly more frequent as Craig imagined slights where there were none and even started thinking that anyone else who spoke to Anthony was actually doing so because they were trying to destroy Craig! Craig tried to justify his obsession by saying that he was "defending" Anthony - yet Anthony has been popular (and has been favourite to win almost since the start) - and not in need of any defending! Craig told lie after lie whilst he was in the house and amazingly seemed to believe his own lies - yet he seemed blissfully unaware that he was bringing about his own problems with his behaviour! Craig has been the most hated man on TV in several polls because of his obsessive behaviour and huge ego and he was voted out this week by the public to loud boos.

    I am fascinated by human behaviour and see many parallels here - obsessiveness, possessiveness, an inability to acknowledge responsibility for error, lying, cheating and attempts to undermine the integrity of those who are seen to be the "enemy". When Craig saw that Anthony was happy to ignore him and that his attempts to woo him back with histrionics were failing, Craig poured beer over him and engineered an "accident" whereby Anthony got hit on the head with a battery pack. He finally resorted to slagging Anthony off to the others (one to one) saying that he had only ever had Anthony's best interests at heart and that Anthony's rejection was a sign of unbelievable ingratitude LOL

    This all has a very familiar ring to it :-)
    Frighteningly, I once had someone obsessed with me much like that. Although I escaped from the spider web, from a distance I have observed her obsess over 3 other people since me.

    I have wondered if SS were obsessed with Patsy to that degree?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah
    Frighteningly, I once had someone obsessed with me much like that. Although I escaped from the spider web, from a distance I have observed her obsess over 3 other people since me.

    I have wondered if SS were obsessed with Patsy to that degree?
    Scary. This lad Craig on BB literally would not let Anthony out of his sight. He said that he found it difficult to cope when Anthony spoke to anyone else. I thought he was going to have some kind of breakdown. It's obviously a mental illness.

    I've often wondered about Susan Stine. I thought it was creepy the way she spoke about the Ramseys on Tracey I. Some people have thought she had an unnatural affection for Patsy. Was she jealous of JonBenet? Resentful of the fact that Patsy was so involved in pageants and with pageant people?

    Who knows? I think she caused harm to the Ramseys through her affiliations with certain people. I think she was indiscrete.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    "Our" Nadia LOL

    Nadia was so popular but she didn't have an inkling that she was. She was absolutely terrified of coming out of the house and displayed many symptoms of stress. She was convinced that the world hated her and that she would be crucified. None of the other housemates knew she was a transexual. It was hilarious to see their reactions on being told when they came out of the house.

    Re Burke. There was a recent photo of him at jameson's. He is very tall and thin. I was rather surprised that jameson permitted a recent photo of him to be posted over yonder - considering how they proclaim to want him left alone. You either want to protect the guy from an invasion of his privacy or you don't. It's hypocritical to say "leave him alone" whilst posting recent photos of him so that the world can see what he looks like these days. Still, double standards are to be expected from certain sources.
    omg, how could the housemates have not known she was a transexual? Even just watching her on tv, that is so plain to see. We had Miriam come on the last BB, and even she(who I think looks more like a girl than Nadia)only lasted a few hours without being found out.
    It would have been funny to watch the other housemates reactions on finding out.

    I will go and see if I can see that pic of Burke over at Jameson's, thanx for that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,619
    Narla, please let us know if you find it. Thanks.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182

    Smile

    Nehemiah
    I had a quick look over at Jameson's and couldnt see the pic there, I will have to look again when I have more time..I will have more time tomorrow and will have another look then and come back and let u know.
    Jayelle's
    I didnt realize Nadia has had the 'op'. One of my girlfriends is a runner on BB and had to take Nadia somewhere, maybe to the airport. She has also worked on Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here and the rule there is, not to talk to celebrities, so she asked if she was allowed to talk to her and they said...."yes but dont mention the op!"
    I shouldnt have put her and Miriam in the same category really, though out of the two I'd say Miriam looks more like a girl than Nadia does.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Nehemiah
    I had a quick look over at Jameson's and couldnt see the pic there, I will have to look again when I have more time..I will have more time tomorrow and will have another look then and come back and let u know.
    Jayelle's
    I didnt realize Nadia has had the 'op'. One of my girlfriends is a runner on BB and had to take Nadia somewhere, maybe to the airport. She has also worked on Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here and the rule there is, not to talk to celebrities, so she asked if she was allowed to talk to her and they said...."yes but dont mention the op!"
    I shouldnt have put her and Miriam in the same category really, though out of the two I'd say Miriam looks more like a girl than Nadia does.
    Poor Nadia. Yes, she had her sex change op before she was on BB. I agree with you that she is still quite masculine in her appearance but her housemates were fooled and they didn't know she was a transexual. The public all knew that she was. One of the other housemates DID comment on the first night that he thought she was a man but he actually changed his mind and felt bad about thinking it! I think the thing is that Nadia is very feminine in her behaviour. Her jawline is still masculine and her voice is that of a deep voiced female. I think the fact that she is Portugese detracts from her voice a bit because she has a heavy accent. She and the runner up hated each other like poison and he called her some pretty horrible names - including butch but he was truly gobsmacked to find out that she was a transexual :-)

    The photo of Burke was (if I remember correctly) pretty buried on a thread. I came across it by accident when I was searching for something else. It was a largish photo and I was just pretty shocked that jameson had allowed a recent photo of Burke to be posted when it is clear that the ramseys have tried to protect his privacy.

    I am uncomfortable with a recent photo of Burke being posted. I have children of his age and I teach young people in that age group. Iwould want to protect them. I think Burke should be left alone. It can't be easy for him and the least we can do is give him his privacy.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    Actually,I'm surprized there aren't more pictures of BR taken by the tabloids,now that he's older.

    Could there have been some kind of restraining order put on the photographers until he is 21? Like Jackie Kennedy and her children. Is that possible?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    I was wondering who would have taken the recent picture of Burke...was it the tabloids?
    I sometimes feel very guilty posting on these forums, especially if I say anything about Burke. I dont know if he killed his little sister or not, or played some part in it....but what if he didnt? You would have to assume Burke has accessed the internet and has seen what goes on in these forums....he must be mortified about what people say about him....not to mention what gets said about his Mum and Dad.

    I still cant find the pic over at Jameson's but will keep looking.

  13. #13
    Speaking of obsessions...Mr. Lin Wood, the Ramsey attorney made a statement saying that the Ramseys will no longer have anything to do with Jameson. She sold the Ramsey interrogation tapes to the Enquirer for $40,000. That was the last straw for the Ramseys.

    I don't know if Susan Stine is a transexual and I often wondered what Glenn Stine sees in her. I too thought she had an unusual attraction towards Patsy...perhaps she does have a crush on her.

    Burke is 18 years old and is no longer able to sue the tabloids for publishing his pictures. However: he can sue if they make claims that he is the murderer of his sister.
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    I still cant find that pic of Burke for all that are interested but if I do I will let u all know.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    I've often wondered about Susan Stine. I thought it was creepy the way she spoke about the Ramseys on Tracey I. Some people have thought she had an unnatural affection for Patsy. Was she jealous of JonBenet? Resentful of the fact that Patsy was so involved in pageants and with pageant people?
    Jayelles,
    Where can I easily find this stuff on Tracey and Susan Stine? This intrigues me.
    Thanks, Rupert.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. FL - Dad kicks 6 yr old down skate ramp
    By SilkySifaka in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 02:17 PM
  2. Mo. students lose 756 pounds at SC boarding school
    By Reader in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2012, 08:07 AM
  3. How did 11-year-old fly with no ticket, boarding pass?
    By ~n/t~ in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 02:42 PM
  4. Now Boarding: Flight 1225 to North Pole
    By panthera in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 04:57 AM