1187 users online (273 members and 914 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,017

    WI - Angela Girton, 5, Richland County, 6 April 2015

    5-year-old Angela Girton fell into the Wisconsin River Monday evening, she hasn't been seen since then. Search crews have been out every day this week scouring the area of the river in Richland County where she disappeared, but on Thursday crews said their efforts have now turned into a recovery.

    Angela's family says she and three other children left a babysitter's house alone to have a picnic. They say after she fell into the water her sibling and another child reached out to make a chain with a stick to try to help her, but were unsuccessful. Her aunt, Lisa Christianson says she hopes there is some type of prosecution against those responsible.



    http://www.cbs58.com/story/28758846/...ecovery-effort

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,727
    My heart goes out to the other children who were there with her when it happened. Sad, sad story.

  3. #3
    What babysitter lets a five year old and three other kids go off alone.. aren't you getting paid to watch them. ..?
    “There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,428
    Poor baby. And how tragic for her siblings, trying to help but couldn't.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    78 square miles surrounded by reality
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Angela's family says she and three other children left a babysitter's house alone to have a picnic. They say after she fell into the water her sibling and another child reached out to make a chain with a stick to try to help her, but were unsuccessful. Her aunt, Lisa Christianson says she hopes there is some type of prosecution against those responsible.



    http://www.cbs58.com/story/28758846/...ecovery-effort
    I regularly canoe/sandbar camp near that stretch of river (I usually put in a little further east, but have started out at the Gotham landing before). When I first heard this story, I thought it was a tragic accident. Hearing that the babysitter let the kids go on their own...well, I'm withholding judgment until I hear how old the other kids are. That stretch of river can be treacherous, especially in the spring when the water can be higher--the riverbed is very sandy, which leads to lots of shifting sandbars, unexpected drop-offs, weird currents, strong undertows, etc.

    I've taken kids out, but they don't go *near* the water without wearing PFDs.
    Last edited by RLynne; 04-09-2015 at 11:26 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    290
    Another little one lost in the river.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    89
    Rest in peace sweet angel. My heart aches for her family. So tragic.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,017
    Family members say Angela Girton was at the Gotham home Monday of her mother's friend, Regina Heather, as Girton's mother worked. Heather said that Girton, her 8 year old sister, Heather's son and 10-year old daughter went to a nearby park, but then continued to the river without Heather's knowledge. Heather said her ten year old daughter had a tablet with her to call in the event of an emergency, and says her children have been warned to avoid the river if there's no adult with them.

    "I can't believe somebody would allow them to cross a major highway to go a park unattended," Girton's aunt Jessie Christianson said, referring to Heather's home on Highway 14.

    The children's screams for help were heard by an off-duty Sheriff's deputy fishing nearby.

    http://www.wkow.com/story/28755749/2...-disappearance

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Family members say Angela Girton was at the Gotham home Monday of her mother's friend, Regina Heather, as Girton's mother worked. Heather said that Girton, her 8 year old sister, Heather's son and 10-year old daughter went to a nearby park, but then continued to the river without Heather's knowledge. Heather said her ten year old daughter had a tablet with her to call in the event of an emergency, and says her children have been warned to avoid the river if there's no adult with them.

    "I can't believe somebody would allow them to cross a major highway to go a park unattended," Girton's aunt Jessie Christianson said, referring to Heather's home on Highway 14.

    The children's screams for help were heard by an off-duty Sheriff's deputy fishing nearby.

    http://www.wkow.com/story/28755749/2...-disappearance
    W. T. Eff . are you kidding me?!? The one "in charge" of getting kids across a highway to a park is 10 years old?!?! Please someone take that woman's kids away from her and place them with a responsible adult!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    89
    I just saw on the news (I live nearby) that they still haven't found her. . They used a cadaver dog and sonar imaging along the river today with no luck. My thoughts are with this family, how heartbreaking. I hope they find her soon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaroni View Post
    W. T. Eff . are you kidding me?!? The one "in charge" of getting kids across a highway to a park is 10 years old?!?! Please someone take that woman's kids away from her and place them with a responsible adult!!!
    Absolutely crazy. I have a 10 year old who has a fair amount of experience with younger children, but I wouldn't even send her to the back yard to supervise younger kids. Let alone cross a highway, and have a picnic in a park, near a river!

    And the worst part is the guilt those children are going to live with for the rest of their lives when they should have never been placed in that position.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,017
    Richland County Emergency Management officials said the public is invited to join the search, but is reminded to be safe on the water.

    http://www.channel3000.com/news/cond...river/32341142

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    583
    Any news?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    583
    Bumping
    Has she been found?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Bumping
    Has she been found?
    Found no recent updates since the last update

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased OH - Victor Ross, 53, Richland County, 19 March 2015
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2015, 03:48 PM