1496 users online (250 members and 1246 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #3

Carly Joann Scott

MAKAWAO, MAUI (Hawaiʻi NewsNow) -
    Maui police are searching for a 27-year-old Makawao woman who is pregnant. Police say Carly Joann Scott was last seen Sunday evening (Feb. 9) at her sister's home in Haiku. She was reported missing Monday evening (Feb. 10) when her mother, Kimberly Scott, did not hear from Carly and went to Carly's home in Makawao but could not locate her.
    http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...pregnant-woman

Media thread

Thread 1

Thread 2
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 04-10-2015 at 10:46 AM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I found the post with the copies of the two charges. Rereading them should do away with some of our recent speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by princesspjs View Post
    Lolo may have some information beyond the charges, but nothing is said here about arson to cover up a crime. In fact, the vehicle is not mentioned, only property valued over $500.

He does not need to have personally set the fire. "Caused" it to be burned also meets the element.
    What I find odd is why only arson in the third degree, which is the least serious level of felony, class C. Second degree would have been property values at over $1,500, and a class B felony. How is a running car on Maui not worth more than $1,500?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapua View Post
    That's a long, winding road and *I* wouldn't agree to a night drive down it without a convincing reason, particularly if I was "exhausted" and had to work in the AM.

I've often thought that SC gave her a little something to make her sleep, but many disagree with me.

I wonder if they had a special spot somewhere along Hana Hwy. Maybe Honomanu.
    And her family didn't think she would agree either. The sleeping "potion" is possible just impossible to know without a confession. It would make it easier for him. OTOH I think it makes the overkill of his stabbing harder to understand, if she wasn't awake. Unless you think she was asleep part of the time but then woke up and protested.

It's a tough element to hinge a plan on, not knowing if she would say no when a drink was offered. Then what does he do if she says, no, I'm fine, I don't need anything?

God I hope she was asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by puakenikeni View Post
    It's a tough element to hinge a plan on, not knowing if she would say no when a drink was offered. Then what does he do if she says, no, I'm fine, I don't need anything?

So much of his plan hinged on her. First getting her to meet him that night.

How much did he plan ahead and how much did he leave to chance? What were all the elements he could control?

Well, if they were talking regularly, he likely knew she was going to her sister's birthday party in Haiku that night. For all anyone knows, they had already planned for her to stop by. She didn't discuss her contact with SC with her family, so doesn't mean anything that she didn't mention it.

HI - Carly "Charli" Joann Scott, 27, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #3 *ARREST*

Please continue here for Charli and Joshua

Last edited by Coldpizza; 04-10-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Someone mentioned "no body" murder cases a while back and three CA cases came to mine immediately: 1. Hans/Nina Reiser - Hans was a brilliant computer programmer and entrepreneur. He was tried and convicted without a body, but following the verdict led police to his ex-wife Nina's body in return for a reduced sentence, 2. Jan/Hans Scharf - Jan's body was never found. Hans was convicted of first degree murder. The strongest evidence was that some of her jewelry was found in the front yard of one of Hans' girlfriends, a woman that Jan had never met, and 3. Sierra Lamar, whose accused killer, Antolin Garcia Torres is currently awaiting trial. Just thought I'd mention those. I'm sure there are a bunch of others.

Nina was found less than a mile from where her husband was living with his mother. Close and comfortable.
    Never assume you know anything... or everything... about a missing person, a POI or the details of a case. (paraphrasing great advice from trackergd Holly Grim thread).

I have learned that people tend to believe, hold onto and investigate off whatever a witness, a suspect, friend or family says...People lie.
    Think outside the box.

Haven't been here for awhile - is there court hearing date set? Has the trial started already and I missed it?

TIA!

Carly "Charli"
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Hi Niner,
    welcome back. The trial is set for Monday the 27th, two weeks exactly. However there is a motion to dismiss evidence that will be heard first, so I don't expect the actual trial I get going that soon, plus jury selection should be interesting.

Is there any source for exact date jawbone was found? I didn't find one. I think it would be in indictment?

Quote Originally Posted by RunDaSurf View Post
    Is there any source for exact date jawbone was found? I didn't find one. I think it would be in indictment?
    Fri the 14th, the day after her clothes were found, five days after she disappeared on Sunday. I retraced the postings from that time when I worked on a timeline for my first posts here, and was able to piece the date together.

I remember at the time how the news came out about the bone and was considered a possible rumor but turned out to be true. It was March 7 I think that the police reclassified the case after forensic results came back and confirmed it was Charli. It took almost a month after the bone and tooth were found. Then the announcement that the bone was a jawbone came in July when the indictment came down.

Thank you Puakenikeni.

5 days.....Depending how location of the jawbone was processed there could be a lot more evidence from there public doesn't know. Hope MPD caught every last speck. MPD.............

Good crime forensics could analyze how many days jawbone was there before found?

Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast