1195 users online (226 members and 969 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    116

    Why didn't John Ramsey take the cord off of JonBenet's neck ?

    This bugs me so much, John Ramseys seem to think that it is so important for the world to know that he removed the tape from his daughter's mouth:

    Lou Smit: "Talk about the tape."

    John Ramsey: "There was a piece of a fairly wide black tape (over her mouth), which I immediately took off. Her lips were blue."

    Lou Smit: "...What did you do with the tape?"

    John Ramsey: "I think I took it off with my right hand and just droped it..."

    Lou Smit: "What else do you remember right at that time?"

    John Ramsey: "I just remember just talking and saying, 'Come on baby.' And I tried to untie her arms. They were tied up behind her head...."

    Lou Smit: "Were they tied tight?"

    John Ramsey: "Yeah, very tight...her skin was swollen around. And they were not easy to get off. I tried to untie them quickly and I just picked her up, carried her upstiars. I was screaming. In fact, I couldn't even scream.
    I brought her upstairs into the living room and laid her there, at one point, tried to untie the knot further, and Linda Arndt stopped me from doing it...."

    If John removed the tape from her mouth, why didn't he take the cord off of JonBenet's neck ?
    Why would he try to untie JonBenet's wrist when he could see that that the cord was around her neck ? If John was trying to save her or trying to see if she was alive, the first thing he should have did was remove the cord from her neck.
    Aunt Pam: JonBenet why don't you put your shoes on? JonBenet: Because I want to feel the rhythm of the earth under my feet.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,475
    He did not see the cord around her neck.

    John Ramsey: "Yeah, very tight...her skin was swollen around. And they were not easy to get off. I tried to untie them quickly
    More proof that John is a pathological liar...the cord around her wrists was not tight and there was no swelling of her skin. There were no marks on her wrists or arms from the cords either...if they were so tight that they caused swelling there would have been marks, just like the ones around her neck.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pa, USA
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker
    He did not see the cord around her neck.



    More proof that John is a pathological liar...the cord around her wrists was not tight and there was no swelling of her skin. There were no marks on her wrists or arms from the cords either...if they were so tight that they caused swelling there would have been marks, just like the ones around her neck.
    You prove nothing. How would you know the cord was not tight at that time or anything about the swelling of her skin?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Zman and Seeker,

    You may both be right. JonBenet may have been strung up and, when found by John, cut down (in accordance with John Walsh's off-the-cuff public comment).

    The cords on JonBenet's wrists, according to the autopsy, were LIGATURES, and she could have been strung up by the wrists, but placed in a sitting position on the floor. Thus, if the weight of JonBenet's upper torso was pulling on the ligature the ligature would be tight and hard to untie, but if the body was lifted or the cord cut, and the weight taken off the ligature, the ligature would loosen up and could be easily removed.

    John Ramsey's comment about trying to keep JonBenet's head up while untying the "knot" on her one wrist, lends credence to a strung up scenario of some kind.

    BlueCrab

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    116
    Didn't Detective Linda Arndt say something to the affect of 'the first thing that she'd seen when John carried JonBenet's body upstairs was the cord wrapped around her neck with the broken paint brush swinging back and forth?'






    ~*~*Happy Bealted Birthday JonBenet Ramsey~*~* :HappyBday
    Aunt Pam: JonBenet why don't you put your shoes on? JonBenet: Because I want to feel the rhythm of the earth under my feet.

  6. #6
    There were no marks from the cord on JonBenet's wrists....so they were not wrapped tightly. That is one big fat lie John told. Like it or not, the cords were tied loosely around her wrists that the Coroner just slipped them off.

    The one comment John also made was that he was "trying to hold JonBenet's head". What does that mean? Does that mean she was hanging or what?
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    I noticed this the first time I looked at JonBenets' autopsy photos ... it looks to me that there is another set of ligature marks around her neck that is raised toward the back of her neck.There is nothing mentioned of this in the autopy report,so I dismissed it,being I'm not an expert,thinking those marks must be something else.

    So I just reviewed the photo again,although I'm just a novice,I still see a definite second ligature mark that is raised toward the back of her neck.

    Can anyone else see this? It looks obvious to me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    213
    I just looked again at the autopsy photos myself, and i noticed something i hadnt taken into consideration before.

    If you look at the photo of the cord on JBRs neck (the pic where you can see her mouth also) i noticed that the cord is rather high on her neck. If you feel your own neck to see where the cord would be on you, its really high. But is the agurment that if she was hung/strung up, wouldnt it be by her wrists cords not her neck cords. I need clarifcation. BC i hadnt heard of JR saying he had to lift JBRs head up to untie to cords..is that in a deposition?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    BC i hadnt heard of JR saying he had to lift JBRs head up to untie to cords..is that in a deposition?


    Charlie,

    It's from the '98 interviews. John said he had just discovered JonBenet in the wine cellar wrapped in a blanket papoose style. The first thing he did was rip the black duct tape off her mouth, and he then tried to untie her arms.

    JOHN RAMSEY: "And I tried to untie her arms; they were tied up behind her head."

    LOU SMIT: "Were they tied tight?"

    JOHN RAMSEY: "Yeah, very tight."

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    MIKE KANE: "Do you remember, was her head exposed? Were her feet exposed?"

    JOHN RAMSEY: "Possibly."

    MIKE KANE: "But not the rest of her?"

    JOHN RAMSEY: "I mean, yeah. I think her feet were exposed. But her head was. Her head was tilted to one side. I was trying to hold her head."

    MIKE KANE: "I'm not really clear; you said they were tied tight. But were her hands tied closely together or were they wide apart?"

    JOHN RAMSEY: "No, it was like that."

    MIKE KANE: "They were crossed like that."

    JOHN RAMSEY: "I remember, yeah, her hands were close together."

    MIKE KANE: "And you tried to untie one of them. Were you successful?"

    JOHN RAMSEY: "Partly. I mean, I sort of started to get them untied, but I guess I was starting to realize that that wouldn't do any good."

    BlueCrab

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    JOHN RAMSEY: "I mean, yeah. I think her feet were exposed. But her head was. Her head was tilted to one side. I was trying to hold her head."
    BlueCrab
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    John Ramsey's comment about trying to keep JonBenet's head up while untying the "knot" on her one wrist, lends credence to a strung up scenario of some kind.
    BlueCrab
    BC dont mean to be nit-picky, but John said he was trying to hold her head, not hold it up. There is a difference if we say JBR was lying on the Celler floor and her head was titlted to the side, perhaps john was trying to hold her head straight and JBs head kept flopping back to the titled position...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pa, USA
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanny
    This bugs me so much, John Ramseys seem to think that it is so important for the world to know that he removed the tape from his daughter's mouth:

    Lou Smit: "Talk about the tape."

    John Ramsey: "There was a piece of a fairly wide black tape (over her mouth), which I immediately took off. Her lips were blue."

    Lou Smit: "...What did you do with the tape?"

    John Ramsey: "I think I took it off with my right hand and just droped it..."

    Lou Smit: "What else do you remember right at that time?"

    John Ramsey: "I just remember just talking and saying, 'Come on baby.' And I tried to untie her arms. They were tied up behind her head...."

    Lou Smit: "Were they tied tight?"

    John Ramsey: "Yeah, very tight...her skin was swollen around. And they were not easy to get off. I tried to untie them quickly and I just picked her up, carried her upstiars. I was screaming. In fact, I couldn't even scream.
    I brought her upstairs into the living room and laid her there, at one point, tried to untie the knot further, and Linda Arndt stopped me from doing it...."

    If John removed the tape from her mouth, why didn't he take the cord off of JonBenet's neck ?
    Why would he try to untie JonBenet's wrist when he could see that that the cord was around her neck ? If John was trying to save her or trying to see if she was alive, the first thing he should have did was remove the cord from her neck.
    Even so what does that prove?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    BC dont mean to be nit-picky, but John said he was trying to hold her head, not hold it up. There is a difference if we say JBR was lying on the Celler floor and her head was titlted to the side, perhaps john was trying to hold her head straight and JBs head kept flopping back to the titled position...

    Charlie,

    JonBenet was in full rigor when found at 1:05 PM, so her head was unable to flop from the tilted position and back again. Her entire body was rigid.

    IMO John had to have been holding her head to lessen the weight and take the strain off the ligature on her wrists. A ligature is unable to be untied so long as a weighted object is trying to pull the slip knot tighter. There seems to be no other reason to be holding her head while trying to untie the ligature on her wrists.

    John doesn't say so, but I think he cut JonBenet down by cutting the cord, and this may have occurred much earlier that morning -- like around 3 or 4 AM., and prior to rigor setting in. John's mention of holding the head could have been just another slip of the tongue as he and Patsy continue to confuse the timelines of their fabricated stories.

    Please remember that the Ramsey's recollection of events that morning were based on a flat-out lie in regard to the whereabouts of Burke during the 911 call. Therefore, anything else they say about what happened that morning cannot be considered credible unless you are prepared to take a leap of faith.

    BlueCrab

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,868
    If you entertain a conspiracy and staging with regard to JonBenet's death, then she may have been tied up using the cord to facilitate a sexual assault.

    Her hands may have been above her head because she was tethered with her arms outstretched upon a bed.

    In another thread, BlueCrab has alluded to the possibility of a bed missing from Burke's room ?


    If John discovered her, he may have decided to untie her, using the crime scene elements to stage her death to appear as a bedtime abduction and sexual assault.

    The markings on her neck needed to be explained away, so John would not have removed the cord from JonBenet's neck, since it was integral to the staging.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,970
    For some reason whenever Patsy was being interviewed she forgot how to use complete sentences. Her words and thoughts always jumping around all over the place.That's where I believe the LE could have gotten a little tougher,they should have insisted that she thought things out a little,to get a more definitive answer.

    Since they didn't,I can only see her answers as evasive,because it happened so often.The question you have to ask yourself is .... why? And that my friends, is the $118,000 question.
    Last edited by capps; 08-14-2005 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Sorry,my error this post should have been under "The Whittling Knife" thread.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy

    Her hands may have been above her head because she was tethered with her arms outstretched upon a bed.

    Good point UKGuy. This theory, of course, would put the crime in the sexual monster category. In bonding scenes the girl is often on her back spread eagle on a bed with her hands tethered to the bedposts at the head of the bed and her ankles tethered to the bedposts at the foot of the bed. The helpless position of the girl would allow the rapist to do whatever pleases him.

    However, in JonBenet's case the hands were bound together at the wrists and there was apparently no tethering at the ankles, which would have allowed her almost free reign to twist and turn to avoid the rapist's sexual advances.

    Thus, I'm more of the opinion that JonBenet's head and upper torso could have been propped up against the headboard by tethering the bound arms to the headboard or an overhead object while the rest of the body, from the waist down, remained horizontal on the bed. It would have been a classic position for erotic asphyxiation to have taken place which, IMO, did occur in this case. The bed being used would have been in one of the second floor bedrooms.

    In this theory, after accidentally asphyxiating JonBenet, or torturing her with a stun gun and purposely asphyxiating her, the perp would have likely obscenely posed the dead body, probably with the stick tied on the end of the 17" long cord from the neck ligature inserted into the vagina. This would replicate what terrorists are expected to do. John Ramsey, upon discovering the grotesque scene very early in the morning, would have cut her down immediately, altered the crime scene, relocated the body to the basement, and established a plan to coverup what really happened.

    BlueCrab

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 238
    Last Post: 02-26-2017, 01:34 PM
  2. The Ligature Marks On JonBenet's Neck...
    By SunnieRN in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 09:18 PM
  3. American Girl Doll Neck Cord
    By DeeDee249 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 02:47 PM