1227 users online (219 members and 1008 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PA - 21 year old in wheelchair abandoned in woods for 6 days

A 21-year-old man with cerebral palsy has been found, in his wheelchair, in woods in Philadelphia with a bible in his lap. Police think he may have been there since last Sunday and he doesn't appear to have been reported missing.

He is stable in hospital.

School officials contacted the man's aunt Monday when he did not show up for school and then the aunt phoned his mom, according to investigators.

At the time, his mom said she was in Maryland with her son and her boyfriend, and everything was fine, authorities told NBC10.

Eight hours after authorities found the 21-year-old man, the woman remains in Maryland, Walker said.
    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...lowTwt_PHBrand
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Sounds like attempted murder.

V
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    A 21-year-old man with cerebral palsy has been found, in his wheelchair, in woods in Philadelphia with a bible in his lap. Police think he may have been there since last Sunday and he doesn't appear to have been reported missing.

He is stable in hospital.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...lowTwt_PHBrand
    Per the article, mom lied saying her son was with her in Maryland. An arrest is in order, I would think. This is just so sick, there are no words.

This made me cry. This poor kid. God knows what he's been through prior to this also.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

That is absolutely sickening.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Hopefully she will be charged and this poor boy will have placement and receive the loving care and treatment he should have been receiving from his so called mom.

Authorities hope to have the mother back in Philadelphia Monday to face charges, but that won’t be the end of the investigation.
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-philadelphia/
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

What a horrible thing to do! I can understand that it might have become a heavy burdon for this mother to care for this son depending on how much help she had. But dumping him in the woods to die was not the solution. And then to go visit her boyfriend and lie about where he was with no concern for his welfare. Unbelievable.

It sounds to me like she had some help considering people raised the alarm that he was missing.

A warrant has been signed for his mother, 41 year old Nyia Parker. She has been charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, reckless endangerment of another person, neglect of a care dependent person, unlawful restraint, kidnapping and false imprisonment.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...cJqHaE.twitter

I vote to tie her to a tree in the same woods for six days. jmo idk
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    I vote to tie her to a tree in the same woods for six days. jmo idk
    Agree. In many cases an eye for an eye certainly applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Agree. In many cases an eye for an eye certainly applies.
    Oh and a life size picture on the ground of her son laying on the ground next to his wheelchair, then to court for sentencing.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

How did LE find out he was in the woods?

I know we see parents abusing children all the time but it saddens me all the same. I hope this young man is placed in a loving home but knowing that his mother didn't want him will always be ingrained in his heart. People don't realize the damage you can do to someone's self esteem with just words.

JMO

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast