PA - 21 year old in wheelchair abandoned in woods for 6 days

zwiebel

Reaction score
A 21-year-old man with cerebral palsy has been found, in his wheelchair, in woods in Philadelphia with a bible in his lap. Police think he may have been there since last Sunday and he doesn't appear to have been reported missing.

He is stable in hospital.

School officials contacted the man's aunt Monday when he did not show up for school and then the aunt phoned his mom, according to investigators.

At the time, his mom said she was in Maryland with her son and her boyfriend, and everything was fine, authorities told NBC10.

Eight hours after authorities found the 21-year-old man, the woman remains in Maryland, Walker said.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...reek-Park.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_PHBrand

V
A 21-year-old man with cerebral palsy has been found, in his wheelchair, in woods in Philadelphia with a bible in his lap. Police think he may have been there since last Sunday and he doesn't appear to have been reported missing.

He is stable in hospital.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...reek-Park.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_PHBrand

Per the article, mom lied saying her son was with her in Maryland. An arrest is in order, I would think. This is just so sick, there are no words.

This made me cry. This poor kid. God knows what he's been through prior to this also.

Hopefully she will be charged and this poor boy will have placement and receive the loving care and treatment he should have been receiving from his so called mom.

What a horrible thing to do! I can understand that it might have become a heavy burdon for this mother to care for this son depending on how much help she had. But dumping him in the woods to die was not the solution. And then to go visit her boyfriend and lie about where he was with no concern for his welfare. Unbelievable.

It sounds to me like she had some help considering people raised the alarm that he was missing. :twocents:

I vote to tie her to a tree in the same woods for six days. jmo idk

Agree. In many cases an eye for an eye certainly applies.

Oh and a life size picture on the ground of her son laying on the ground next to his wheelchair, then to court for sentencing.

How did LE find out he was in the woods?

I know we see parents abusing children all the time but it saddens me all the same. I hope this young man is placed in a loving home but knowing that his mother didn't want him will always be ingrained in his heart. People don't realize the damage you can do to someone's self esteem with just words.

JMO

So glad to hear news of this arrest. Poor thing was left without any food or water and had cuts and bruises too. His had aunt wanted to be his legal guardian so it sounds as though there were many alternatives for his mother. She has a 16-year-old too, who is now in the care of family.

Pic of mother Nyia Parler, 41, and the boyfriend she went off to see from your link, fhc.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...-visit-boyfriend/story-fnh81jut-1227300950061

Attachments

• 926579-767f5d1e-e130-11e4-a16e-c49b94c206d0.jpg
    926579-767f5d1e-e130-11e4-a16e-c49b94c206d0.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 259
The young man can't speak either, so couldn't even shout for help. I feel so, so sorry for him. But so full of awe that he managed to survive too. What a brave chap!

Didn't we cover a case similar to this one last year? Didn't a man leave his mother in the woods???

Cases like this make me want justice to be the same for the perpetrator as the victim. Leave her immobilized on a blanket in the woods for a week. Then in jail for the rest of her life.

As mentioned above and in one of the news reports, an aunt had wanted to become his legal guardian. Of course, in that case his SSI check would have gone to the aunt...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back