CA CA - Leticia Hernandez, 7, Oceanside, 16 December 1989

youngsters

children
Reaction score
I just found about this little girl's murder case in San Diego.

Leticia Hernandez
Age 7
body found

link and source:
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/09/disappearance-of-leticia-still-haunts-many/

any more info on her case, has her killer been found? was this case big in San Diego area.
Are there any original newspaper clipping anyone has i am willing to buy.

what nationality was this beautiful little girl?

if there is already a topic of her please direct me to the link and i will comment on there.

Thanks

Mark

Reactions: d4j
any more info? is there any topics about her case on this site?

Anyone know where i can watch the Unsolved Mysteries episode 45 (Aired: January 24, 1990 ) this episode featured this little girl on it. I really love to watch it anyone knows where to download or get copies of episodes?

"The dead girl, by all accounts, was outgoing and friendly. "She always made us laugh," recalled her uncle, Jesus Hernandez, 20, brother of the mother and the designated family spokesman."

The girl was believed to have been playing outside the building when she was apparently abducted. Her mother was inside washing clothing.

Leticia was one of seven children, several of whom were born in Mexico, relatives said; she was born in California. The dead girl's father, Rodolfo Martinez, is a farm worker in the Sacramento area. A dozen or so relatives live at the family's apartment.

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-03-12/local/me-2_1_leticia-hernandez

I wonder if this case has been reopened. Are there any newspapers on this case i can look at? documentaries, books?

Reactions: d4j
Missing Girl's Family Prays for One Gift
December 20, 1989|YOLANDA RODRIGUEZ | TIMES STAFF WRITER

Leticia Hernandez wants to be a model when she grows up. She is also a timid and mothering 7-year-old who braided her own hair for the school photograph that has been reproduced and distributed all over Oceanside and neighboring communities.

She never wandered away from home. Her mother, sister, uncle or grandmother always knew where she was. But now, they wonder where she is and pray they will see her soon.

Sadly, no one has seen Leticia since Saturday afternoon.

"She's my only sister," said Maria Hernandez, 16, in the family's kitchen. "Every time I look at her picture, I start crying."

The family's life is centered on worry and wonder.

(modsnip)

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-12-20/local/me-541_1_family-prays-girl

and a whole bunch of articles:

http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/leticia-hernandez

she seems like a sweet and beautiful little girl, very caring, friendly and sweet little girl. She was a lovely 2nd grader who loved school and her teachers and caring for her fellow classmates, she braded her own hair in that school class photo (pictured).

I am looking for original articles/newspapers of that times that have articles of this case, with a photo in the article of Leticia. I want to find everything about this case, like is there a place where i can obtain original archive newspapers/articles of Leticia. I am not from USA I am from Australia.

Kindervision - is a organisation to teach children about stranger danger in California area.

kindervision first started as a result of the Leticia Hernandez abduction and murder. They created this as of the result of the little girl's murder to teach children about stranger danger. The founder was the lead investigator of the Leticia Hernandez case which he created this foundation as a result for her case.

http://www.thegreatestsave.org/about-the-greatest-save/history/

Organizers Hope to Fill Reward Coffers to Aid Search for Oceanside Girl : Kidnaping: It's been nearly seven months since Leticia Hernandez was abucted. Many sightings have been reported, but police are still seeking tips to help locate the 7-year-old girl.
July 15, 1990|BONNA M. DE LA CRUZ | TIMES STAFF WRITER

Nearly seven months have passed since 7-year-old Leticia Hernandez was abducted from her family's Oceanside apartment. Since then, law enforcement agencies across the country have linked forces in their intense search for the young girl, who is now believed to be in northern Florida.

While law officers nationwide continue their investigations, organizers are planning a July 25 benefit at the U.S. Grant Hotel on Broadway. They hope to bring in $100,000 to fill the coffers of the Leticia Hernandez Reward Fund.

"If we can raise that amount of money and offer it as a reward, it is hoped someone with knowledge of the kidnapers or their whereabouts will come forward with information that will help us bring Leticia home," said Oceanside Officer Chris McDonough, a detective who has been involved with the case since its beginning. McDonough is also chairman of San Diegans for the Return of Leticia Hernandez, created about six weeks ago.

Police say the last sighting of the kidnaped girl was May 22 at a gas station in High Springs, Fla. Leticia was seen with a white man and a white woman, who have been described by witnesses throughout Leticia's travels eastward.

Florida sightings have included the following in the northwestern part of the state: Panama City on Jan. 2, Branford on Jan. 5, Chattahoochee from Jan. 1 to Jan. 10, Quincy from March 11 to March 23, Greensboro on March 26, Marianna and Cottondale on March 31, Santa Re River near Branford on April 30, and Waldo on May 5.

(modsnip)

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-07...anside-officer-chris-mcdonough-oceanside-girl
http://articles.latimes.com/1990-07...side-officer-chris-mcdonough-oceanside-girl/2

What ever happend to those three suspects? one white man in his 30s or early 40s, a blond women and a deep tan white women. Why did they kidnap this little girl? where did they go? did these suspects who was suspected in kidnapping this little girl, did they get ever get questioned by police/FBI?

Look at this cutie, so sad she was such a beautiful and sweet little girl.

Found this beautiful picture of Leticia in the newspaper (source: newspapers.com)
At the time of her deaths She usually wears her hair in a pigtail and is missing her two upper front teeth.

I am currently going to try to obtain her FBI reports, police reports and autopsy records.

sgnapz.jpg

2bs60w.jpg

es2pfb.jpg

Last edited:
CA - Leticia Hernandez, 7, Oceanside, 16 December 1989

"Leticia, was abducted Dec. 16, 1989, as she played in her front yard in Oceanside CA. Just two days after her seventh birthday.

She was found on Saturday , March 9, 1991, near the Pala Indian Reservation, only 26 miles from her home. Where a property caretaker found the remains of her body, off county Highway S16, two miles south of the Riverside county line.

Leticia was listed as the Nation's Number One Child abduction cases by the National Center for Missing & Exploited children.

Leticia, was one of seven children, ranging form 8 months to 17 years old born to Leticia Hernandez.

She is survived by her father, Rodolfo Martinez, a Framer of Sacramento, CA. And her mother, Leticia Hernandez 33, sisters, Maria 17, Jorge 3, and brothers, Daniel 5, and Miguel 8 mos. All of Oceanside, San Diego co., CA. There are two more siblings not listed. She is also survived by her uncle, Jesus de Hernandez, and grandmother, Victoria Gonzales, both of Ocean side, CA.

The family still had her unwrapped Christmas gifts alone with a scooter with a green bow on it , waiting for her safe reture.

Her family were Mormons from the LDS Church. It was their stong faith in God that keep them going."

Leticia “Tita” Hernandez (1982-1989) - Find A...

This sad case of this beautiful little girl is still unsolved to this day.

Lets discus this case here:

Do you think her case will be solved in the future?
With her clothing can they test DNA on them?

I am currently trying to obtain the FBI files, police reports, autopsy records of her. So I can study the case more.

2uj0efr.jpg

dwdru0.jpg

es2pfb.jpg

2bs60w.jpg

sgnapz.jpg

I want to find out more about this case. A lot of the links are no longer active.

Chris McDonough originally worked this case and he has said that he knows who did this but they just don’t have the evidence to “do” them . . .yet.

This link was approved for discussion so I hope it’s ok to use here. Its primarily about the Summer Wells case but CM was very specific in his comments about Letitia’s killer.

I want to find out more about this case. A lot of the links are no longer active.

Chris McDonough originally worked this case and he has said that he knows who did this but they just don’t have the evidence to “do” them . . .yet.

This link was approved for discussion so I hope it’s ok to use here. Its primarily about the Summer Wells case but CM was very specific in his comments about Letitia’s killer.

The link is no working. Did the person think this case may be connected to the Wells case or just similarities?

The link is no working. Did the person think this case may be connected to the Wells case or just similarities?

The only connection is that the same detective, who is now retired and head of the Cold Case Foundation, was, I believe, the lead Det. For Letitia and is now hot on the trail of Summer’s “abductor “ or murderer. We don’t know yet if she is still alive, just missing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back