Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 767UFCA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/767ufca.html
NamUs UP 7450 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7450

767UFCA Tattoo.jpg
Tattoo

Unidentified Female

The victim was discovered on January 4, 1992 in San Bernardino County, California
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 30-40 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 100 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black/Dark brown hair. Pierced Right ear. Breast implants.
Tattoos: Tattoo of butterfly on right breast.
Clothing: No clothing or accessories.
Dentals: Dental chart and X-rays available at CA DOJ-MUPS.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available; CA State Lab and CODIS.

Case History
The victim was located n an open field 1.2 miles west of Kenwood, and northwest of Old Cajon Road, in north San Bernardino.
Identity may only be established by dental X-rays or DNA.

Tracy Zandstra has a butterfly tattoo on her right breast, just as the Jane Doe does.

zandstra_tracy.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/z/zandstra_tracy.html

Also, the timeline is pretty close, her age is at the low end of the range, and she is missing from California (although she is LKA in Northern California, while the Jane Doe was found in Southern California)

But other particulars are off. She is much taller than the Jane Doe, and her hair is listed as blonde. And there is no mention that she had breast implants.

Was this ever reported to LE as a possible match? If not, I would like to report it just because of the tattoo similarity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was this ever reported to LE as a possible match? If not, I would like to report it just because of the tattoo similarity.

Not as far as I know.

Do you think it should be reported?

Do you think it should be reported?

I suppose. I doubt she is a match, but they should probably check anyway, just based on the tattoo.

Thanks, I will turn it in just in case it is a match.

I don't know how relevant this is, but I know someone with that exact same tattoo that's also in the same location.

in fact, the hair sounds the same too. If it weren't for the fact I saw her very recently and she has the butterfly on both breasts, I'd think it was her. I can't shake the similarity.

No. There have not.

Strange that she had only been dead a few days yet there are no facial reconstructions. Is there anything about cause of death? I'm guessing that traumatic head and facial injuries are likely.

I made thinking gunshot wound to face or head.

Strange that she had only been dead a few days yet there are no facial reconstructions. Is there anything about cause of death? I'm guessing that traumatic head and facial injuries are likely.

I lived in the small town where she disappeared. The Rick Pyle guy was an alleged sex offender that I believe was killed in prison. The rumor was that he killed her and fed her to his dogs

I made thinking gunshot wound to face or head.

Probably to the left side of the head because it only says "pierced right ear" -- how often do women get only one ear pierced? It must be because the other ear wasn't intact and they couldn't tell if it was pierced or not.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 9.52.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 9.52.23 PM.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 44
Thoughts on Jami Sherer?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-26-Redmond-30-Sept-1990-*-S-Sherer-guilty*
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22082/
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/276dfwa.html

attachment.php

A few drawbacks:
- The distance is quite far
- There's no mention of a butterfly tattoo
- It sounds like she may have been killed by her husband soon after she went missing in 1990, whereas Jane Doe was only dead for a few days in 1992

I love your comparison chart! I don't think this is a likely match. Both have DNA in the system, so they would be auto matched right?

I think no mention of the butterfly tat for Jami is also significant, though I suppose it could have been hidden/secret due to placement.

I love your comparison chart! I don't think this is a likely match. Both have DNA in the system, so they would be auto matched right?

I think no mention of the butterfly tat for Jami is also significant, though I suppose it could have been hidden/secret due to placement.

I've been told that if each person has a different type of DNA in the system, they wouldn't be able to auto-match (and NamUs doesn't specify which type of DNA they have).

Regarding the butterfly tattoo, I was thinking it could be possible that her loved ones didn't know about it (particularly if she hid it from them, like you said), forgot to mention it, or law enforcement forgot to put it in the system.

I've been told that if each person has a different type of DNA in the system, they wouldn't be able to auto-match (and NamUs doesn't specify which type of DNA they have).

Regarding the butterfly tattoo, I was thinking it could be possible that her loved ones didn't know about it (particularly if she hid it from them, like you said), forgot to mention it, or law enforcement forgot to put it in the system.

Oh, that's good to know! Thanks. And I always kind of thought, technology isn't perfect either, so it doesn't hurt to double check with the database.

Lois seems to fit better 'appearance' wise. The age, height at least are more closely aligned than Jami.

I think you could be right about the tattoo, so it's not an auto out if it's not mentioned. I would submit both! The distance is really the biggest head scratcher with both these cases.

It would be awesome to get a facial reconstruction for this JD, but maybe that's not possible.

good lord these adidas ads are awful!!! they freeze my pc with every page change. wish I could opt them off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back