OH - Park to press charges against mom who dropped 2y/o into cheetah pit

zwiebel

Reaction score
Cleveland, Ohio Metroparks zoo says it plans to bring endangerment charges against a mom who dropped her 2-year-old into a cheetah pit, Saturday.

The child fell around 12 feet but escaped with only bumps and bruises. The cheetahs did not attack and the boy's parents ran in and got him before help arrived..Zoo authorities say the mom dangled her son over the exhibit railings before he slipped from her grasp.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/04/cleveland_zoo_parent_dangled_t.html

Cleveland, Ohio Metroparks zoo says it plans to bring endangerment charges against a mom who dropped her 2-year-old into a cheetah pit, Saturday.

The child fell around 12 feet but escaped with only bumps and bruises. The cheetahs did not attack and the boy's parents ran in and got him before help arrived..Zoo authorities say the mom dangled her son over the exhibit railings before he slipped from her grasp.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2015/04/cleveland_zoo_parent_dangled_t.html

Another case of just because you have a womb don't mean you should use it. Its staggering the number of fools. CPS should be knocking on her door. Just my frustrated opinion.

ciao

My Dad is just lucky he didn't drop me into the monkey pit when he dangled me over. :rolleyes:
This happens every single time I am at the zoo. Nobody ever thinks their hold on their child will slip. :twocents:

My Dad is just lucky he didn't drop me into the monkey pit when he dangled me over. :rolleyes:
This happens every single time I am at the zoo. Nobody ever thinks their hold on their child will slip. :twocents:

I hear ya about no one thinking they would loose their grip. I could never in my life dangle a child over a pit of wild animals, a balcony or anything of that sort and think by doing so would be fun or funny. A foolish risk to take. Jmo

ciao

Why would you do that??? :waitasec:To tease/terrify the child? To get a better look at the animals?:thinking: What happens when you do lose your grip?:banghead: Such a foolish, unnecessary risk that isn't funny.

Why would you do that??? :waitasec:To tease/terrify the child? To get a better look at the animals?:thinking: What happens when you do lose your grip?:banghead: Such a foolish, unnecessary risk that isn't funny.

In my case my brother's $2 shoe fell in... so my Dad dangled me in to get it. :dunno:

Metroparks plan to press child endangerment charges Monday. Too bad her name is being withheld from current media articles this weekend, because valuable crowdfunding cyber begging time is being lost!

The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo has served summons and plans to file charges on Monday against the boy’s parents for child endangering, according to a release.

http://fox8.com/2015/04/11/2-year-old-boy-falls-into-cheetah-exhibit-at-cleveland-metroparks-zoo/

Geesh...it is NOT her fault the both kids were squirming, and her hand was sweaty! It's not like the kid was mauled or something. Will the world just get off her back? Does anyone even begin to comprehend the trauma this woman has experienced? People were LOOKING at her. And not in a good way! That's traumatic to her entire self image as a mother. The damage is deep.

Let's hope cheetah pit dangling mom has spent the weekend practicing her "tearful mug shot", and warming up social media for a lively crowdsource-fundraiser. This strategy was immensely helpful for child abusing AZ mom Shanesha Taylor, who netted $114K of "sympathy money", and about a half dozen wasted chances to have her charges dropped. She is currently awaiting sentencing, after pleading guilty, funding her baby daddy's rap album from the spoils of fundraisers, and incidentally, is pregnant with bundle of joy #4!

But back to cheetah pit child dangling mom. I'm sure CPS will determine that all that is necessary for her to retain custody of her children, and get the charges dropped, is something like having her write 100 times:

"I promise never to dangle any of my children over the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo Cheetah pit exhibit ever again."

In cursive.

Then all will be forgiven. (And she will get a reality show contract.)

It was just a little mistake, after all. We know she's a good mom, because she took her kids to the zoo for quality family time. Bad mothers don't take their kids to the zoo.

Fire up the ****** funding sites! By golly, this poor victimized mother needs $114K or so to feel more empowered, and more in control of her destiny. IMO.

Respectfully snipped by me>>

But back to cheetah pit child dangling mom. I'm sure CPS will determine that all that is necessary for her to retain custody of her children, and get the charges dropped, is something like having her writing 100 times:

"I promise never to dangle any of my children over the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo Cheetah pit exhibit ever again."

In cursive.

RSBM>>

Maybe all parents and chaperones should be required to recite a similar oath upon entering a zoo. E.g.: "I promise never to dangle any of my children/charges over an animal exhibit."

I'm so glad that neither of my parents dangled me over the gorilla exhibit at Florida's Busch Gardens when I was about 12 years old. You know how they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery? Apparently, not all primates agree. Boy, was that gorilla mad!!! :eek:

Not THAT time! But I bet you're a little bigger now and we'll see what happens the next time he tries it.

I was 8 or 9 when he did it the first time. :eek:
(Just so you all know, he doesn't babysit my kids, okay?) :giggle:

Not to take away from the stupidity of the mother, but this exhibit is a disaster waiting to happen. What's with the ten foot fence all the way around, with a big opening in front of the pavilion? It kind of defeats the entire purpose of the fence, and only a ten foot drop down into the pit. A cheetah can jump up to 15 feet high. Which means that they could get out of there if they wanted to. Clearly a serious design error.

aa7uNSW.jpg

The DISTANCE that a cheetah can jump is much different from the HEIGHT that a cheetah can jump! The ten foot drop was AFTER the "mother" dangled the child over the brick wall. The fact that those cheetahs have never previously escaped confirms that the wall height is sufficient to not allow their vertical escape. There is at least a two foot wide ledge on the viewing area....so this child was lifted out two feet and then hung out over that ledge prior to being dropped far enough to BREAK HIS LEG.

The DISTANCE that a cheetah can jump is much different from the HEIGHT that a cheetah can jump! The ten foot drop was AFTER the "mother" dangled the child over the brick wall. The fact that those cheetahs have never previously escaped confirms that the wall height is sufficient to not allow their vertical escape. There is at least a two foot wide ledge on the viewing area....so this child was lifted out two feet and then hung out over that ledge prior to being dropped far enough to BREAK HIS LEG.

The fact that the cheetahs have never previously escaped, does not prove that the wall hight is sufficient to prevent their escape. No tiger had escaped from the enclosure at the San Francisco Zoo in 65 years, until one day three drunken idiots decided to provoke them. One of the tigers got enough of it, jumped out, killed one of the idiots, maimed another, and had to be shot by the police. These older zoos are not that well designed. I would hate to see the SF Zoo incident be repeated.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2011/02/tiger-maul-teens-san-francisco-zoo-provoked-report.html

how many arms does this mother have?

It's sounds like she had one kid in one arm, and was dangling the other kid over the edge with her other arm. Pretty unbelievable, but thats the story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back