CA CA - Karina Luna, 20, Los Angeles, 9 April 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Karina Luna
images

Family Worried About 20-Year-Old Woman Who Went Missing In East LA
Family and friends of a missing 20-year-old woman are asking the public to be on the lookout.

Karina Luna was last seen on Thursday, April 9 in East Log Angeles, around 4th Street and Soto.

Her family distributed flyers in both English and Spanish hoping someone who has seen her will come forward.

The family told KCAL9’s Laurie Perez that Luna went to sign up for some classes and never came back. They described her as a homebody who has barely left the house in two years and that she would never run off.

Luna told her family she was going to register for classes at East LA College Thursday afternoon.

They haven’t seen or heard from her since.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/04/11/family-worried-about-missing-college-student-20/

Wouldn't she do that online? Was the site down perhaps, as it is this morning? I wonder why she headed out to register and where she was heading. Her phone and laptop were left at home according to the article above.

Wouldn't she do that online? Was the site down perhaps, as it is this morning? I wonder why she headed out to register and where she was heading. Her phone and laptop were left at home according to the article above.

Thank you, los2188

Have her electronics been traced, online, phone apps, and who she may have been in touch with? Did her appearance change recently that you can tell from SM images?

I wonder about using the word "homebody". To me, that describes someone who enjoys puttering around the house and would prefer a cozy evening in rather than a night on the town.

It sounds like she actually might have anxiety issues or social phobia issues if she "barely left the house in two years". I wonder if they've checked hospitals.

I was thinking the same way JeannaT. If her family says she barely leaves her home why would she want to register for college classes in person? Because technology has advanced so much I can't believe registration wasn't available online.

I hope this young lady is safe somewhere and will come home soon.

JMO

More from the original article:
The family says they found no clues at the college…and are unsure she ever got there.

Loved ones say the 2013 high school graduate is extremely shy, a recluse they sa — she doesn’t go to school right now or have a job.

Her mom is overcome with fear. “She’s real quiet,” she told Perez, “she keeps to herself. We’re afraid that someone might do harm to her out there.”

Karina’s dad found her phone and her laptop in her bedroom, both pass codes locked. Deputies have now taken those items and could have a technician unlock them for possible clues.

Her family says their baby, their 20-year old, is timid but she’s happy, a princess here with them at home — she’s never had trouble with anyone and they are fearing the worst.
Memories of Rebecca Watts. :( That was a senseless tragedy that really hit me hard.

Karina's circumstances are quite different, but her extreme shyness makes me worry she wouldn't yell out for help if she was in a situation.

Makes me wonder if she met someone online and went to meet them.

There is no new information, so we'll just have to wait for LE to get into her technology. I hope she didn't fall prey to a trafficking scam.

Bumping for Karina! Prayers for her family, friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back