GUILTY NC - Ronald Lane, 44, killed in WCC shooting, Goldsboro, 13 April 2015

According to the Argus twitter above, students are being evacuated from the building now but the suspect is still on the loose. Students barricaded themselves in when they heard shots.

7446717_G.jpg
7446718_G.jpg

Kenneth Stancil III
A long-time employee at Wayne Community College in Goldsboro was shot and killed Monday morning in the bathroom of the third floor of a campus building, sending the campus into a lockdown as officials scrambled to find the suspect.

School officials said Ron Lane had worked at the print shop at the school for 18 years. The suspect is Kenneth Morgan Stancil III, who is 20. A school spokeswoman said Stancil had been a work-study student and worked in the print shop, supervised by Lane.

A relative of Lane said Lane had fired Stancil. And a woman who identified herself as Stancil's mother, Debbie Jean Edwards Stancil, messaged WNCN on Facebook to confirm Lane had fired Stancil.

"I have the letter that showed he was terminated without consent," Debbie Stancil told WNCN. She also said Lane "made inappropriate sexual advances toward him."

Lane, according to his Facebook page, had been in a relationship with Chuck Tobin. Tobin disappeared last July and a relative posted on Facebook that his remains had been found in November.

Monday's shooting rocked the campus in Goldsboro, but police in Wayne County were quick to say the explosive situation was not one where other students were threatened.

"This is not a random situation," said Tom Effler of the Wayne County Sheriff's Office.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/28785682/wayne-community-college-on-lockdown?clienttype=generic
7443813_G.jpg

@OP the photos you have are of the suspect, and not of Ron Lane, who is the victim.

This guy's mom is something else. Basically she is excusing what her son did because he was fired for no reason and the boss/victim allegedly hit on her son. Even if what she alleges is true, that in no way makes it remotely ok to go back to your former place of employment and kill your boss.

There's a lot more to this story, imo. Ron lane had a lover who went missing last year. I'm not sure his body has ever been found. His name was chuck Tobin. When did lane and stancil meet? Before or after the disappearance of ron's lover? Maybe it was some kind of love triangle. Maybe stancil had helped Ron kill/make his last lover disappear? We have a lot of sleuthing to do on this one. How come Ron lane wasn't a suspect in some foul play over his lovers disappearance? Maybe stancil knows something around all this. Maybe stancil offed ron's lover bc he wanted Ron to himself. Just guessing some different scenarios. Very curious that the murder victim just last year had a lover disappear. I mean, lightening doesn't often strike twice right in the same household.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/14/nc-college-shooting-suspect-arrested/25753737/

Police: Deadly N.C. college shooting could be hate crime

The Daytona Beach News-Journal reported that Stancil, at a court hearing Tuesday, said he killed Lane because the print shop director molested the suspect's brother.
--------

so mom is saying the suspect killed him because lane made a pass at him, this report is saying stancil said lane molested his brother.....hmmm......the co-worker in the story seems to think it's just because lane fired stancil for excessive absences from the work program............

it is stated in the story that he has confessed though........

a lot remains to be untangled imo...........

There's a lot more to this story, imo. Ron lane had a lover who went missing last year. I'm not sure his body has ever been found. His name was chuck Tobin. When did lane and stancil meet? Before or after the disappearance of ron's lover? Maybe it was some kind of love triangle. Maybe stancil had helped Ron kill/make his last lover disappear? We have a lot of sleuthing to do on this one. How come Ron lane wasn't a suspect in some foul play over his lovers disappearance? Maybe stancil knows something around all this. Maybe stancil offed ron's lover bc he wanted Ron to himself. Just guessing some different scenarios. Very curious that the murder victim just last year had a lover disappear. I mean, lightening doesn't often strike twice right in the same household.
was a missing person complaint ever filed that we can follow up on? do you have a link i might could start with? thanks :seeya:

The victim's lover that went missing was found. He committed suicide.

Looking back at HS grad photos of Stancil, he looks SO different. What happened between 6/2013 and now? I realize looks can be deceiving, but holy cow... It's like a total transformation. Makes me curious.

Wow interesting case and theories. So is the suspect still on the run right now?

Supposedly.

http://www.winknews.com/2015/04/15/college-employee-accused-killer-struggled-after-suicides/

Lane and Stancil were linked – whether they knew it or not – by the suicides of people very close to them. Lane’s partner of 12 years killed himself last year. Stancil’s mother says her son never recovered after finding his father in the backyard after he had killed himself in 2009.

Brent Hood, coordinator of education support technology at the college, was Lane’s supervisor for the past three years. He said he didn’t think Lane was killed because he was gay. But Lane was in mourning when his partner disappeared in July and then when his remains were found months later, Hood said. Police said Chuck Tobin killed himself. Lane insisted that Tobin be described as his long-term partner in an email Hood sent to other staffers announcing the discovery.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back