Search function disappeared?

zwiebel

Reaction score
Are we using google search function now? Whatever, it seems to have disappeared...

Ugh, I hate the google search results. It's very difficult to find whether a thread was posted or not. Some of them are buried. It was much easier when the search results where from the forum.

From Dave, "the tech guy" :):

Things appear ready.

It is obvious to most that one of the weaknesses of the current software version is the poor search function. I have made the top search box use a custom search thru Google. This produces much cleaner results and in most cases better results.

Please note that this DOES NOT eliminate the default VB search, you may still access that thru the "Advanced Search" link located under the search box. It also does not replace the "Search this Forum" or "Search this Post" located within the associated pages.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?276667-Websleuths-Search&p=11679100

Are we using google search function now? Whatever, it seems to have disappeared...

I was looking for a thread and the first items on the list were hotels in the neighbourhood. Now that is REALLY helpfull ...... not.

Than you must be thrilled to have a choice which to use. ;)

Is the advanced search down for part of the server maintenance? Any keyword I look for such as Brittney, search, anything comes back empty. UserId & Tag searches are working under the advanced but not keyword.

I am going to be talking to Tricia in a few minutes and will bring this up. It is an easy fix but one that is time consuming and server intensive. I will cause issues on the forum for at least the weekend so I want to get started as soon as possible.

Is the advanced search down for part of the server maintenance? Any keyword I look for such as Brittney, search, anything comes back empty. UserId & Tag searches are working under the advanced but not keyword.

Same here. I am only getting a handful of results for terms that should bring up the maximum number of results.

Good. Mostly, I wanted to be sure it wasn't something silly on my end. I've been playing with saved settings & a few times, I had it set for some obscure forum and title only, which would always return zero.

I'll take a day off from searching for the dreaded broken url tags. :) No problem! Thanks, Dave.

Ohhhh, Thank God! I have been so frustrated over the past few days. I wonder what changed? It used to be a wonderful feature of this forum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back