1202 users online (251 members and 951 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Finally, a Happy Ending for the Teen Who Begged Somebody to Adopt Him

Finally, a Happy Ending for the Teen Who Begged Somebody to Adopt Him

Davion Only with Connie Going, the adoption case worker who will officially become his mother later
    this month. (Photo: Melissa Lyttle/Tampa Bay Times/Zuma Press)

A 16-year-old in foster care whose plea to be adopted went viral in 2013 has finally found a home. His adoption case worker, who has known him since he was 7, will become his adoptive mother this month.

In October 2013, Davion Only spoke in front of a church congregation in St. Petersburg, Florida, and made an appeal for adoption. He had recently learned that his biological mother, who’d been in jail since Only was born, had died. He’d spent years bouncing between foster homes. “My name is Davion and I’ve been in foster care since I was born,” he said. “I know God hasn’t given up on me, so I’m not giving up either.”

Read more here - https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/fina...ail&soc_trk=ma
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

EXCLUSIVE: After stealing hearts around the world with a plea for someone to love him, Davion Only-Going celebrates two years with his new forever family and shares his dreams of being a firefighter (and, of course, of owning a Lamborghini...)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4eoO85UZK
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Aww, so happy he has his own family now. What a sweetheart he is.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Isn't it funny, she felt like he deserved more than her, but she was exactly who he needed. He has a part-time job and everything! I'm so glad for him and for them as a whole.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

so many tears for this young man!! happy tears here for a change!!!!
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

Wow. That is so awesome. I cheer for families who come together in these kinds of ways. This young man deserves this and so does his mother.