747 users online (97 members and 650 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

VA - Judge Finds Lynchburg Middle Schooler with Autism Guilty on Criminal Charges

http://www.wset.com/story/28792211/j...iminal-charges

Lynchburg, VA - A Lynchburg judge has found an 11-year-old boy with autism guilty of some very serious charges. Linkhorne Middle Schooler Kayleb Moon-Robinson was only at the school for a few months when he got those charges at school.
    Charges and stuff at the link.
    I speak fluently in reaction gifs.

VA Tops U.S. in Referring Students to Law Enforcement

http://wvtf.org/post/va-tops-us-refe...aw-enforcement
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

To me, this reads like a job creation program scam by the school resource officers, funded by the taxpayers of Virginia.

Glad the Virginia taxpayers are more aware of what is going on with the new reports - at least now they will have a say in how to go forward. Maybe put the wasted money (my opinion on this expense) into educational programs instead? How many laptops/books could the schools buy in lieu of these resource officers and court costs?

This school, it's teachers and the school resource officer all need some serious training in Autism awareness and strategies. The incidences explained in the article should have been dealt with differently. I'm not surprised the student "assaulted" the officer after the officer tried to physically make him go to his office. This article screams that this school and its employees have no successful experience educating autistic children. Saddening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk