801 users online (140 members and 661 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

IN - Alma Del Real, 22, South Bend, 12 April 2015

Alma Del Real

SBPD ask for public's help to find missing woman
    The South Bend Police Department is asking for the public's help to find a missing woman.

Alma Del Real, 22, was last seen on April 12. She was dropped off by a friend at her home on Ewing Ave. around 3:30 a.m., after leaving Studio Rumba 305 in South Bend. According to police, Del Real has not had contact with any friends or family and did not show up for work on Monday.

She also missed a conference in Chicago that she was planning to attend with a friend on Sunday.
    http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/S...299710211.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Supposedly the friend dropped her off and did not watch to see that Alma made it into the home, according to local tv.

Del Real was last seen wearing ripped, light blue, slim-fitting pants, a black crop top and a tan fitted leather jacket. She is 5-foot-5, 137 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news...5116205bf.html

A friend dropped her off? Male? Female? Boyfriend? Acquaintance? Did anyone else see this drop off?

My goodness, I'm so jaded.

What a beautiful girl. I pray she is safe.
    "What is more frightening than any particular policy or ideology is the widespread habit of disregarding facts.”
    --Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Supposedly the friend dropped her off and did not watch to see that Alma made it into the home, according to local tv.
    With the help of the K-9 unit, Police spent Tuesday afternoon searching for clues.

Friends are scared and confused, trying not to panic. “We're really worried because she's not the type of person that would do this." When she was dropped off early Sunday morning, the person who dropped her off didn't stay to make sure she got inside okay.

They say her bed was never slept in and her green Chevy pick up is parked just steps from her house.

She missed a work conference in Chicago on Sunday, which she was looking forward to.

Del Real also failed to show up for work Monday.

http://www.abc57.com/story/28800855/...rom-south-bend

I don't think she ever made it home. If you came home that late and had stuff to do the next day, you'd go right to your bed and snooze.

She's beautiful. It seems like she could have attracted someone following her ride home. I also wonder, with JLSChook, who the friend was who dropped her off.

My money is on the friend.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

WEDNESDAY UPDATE: Investigators working the case are getting information being passed via friends and relatives of Alma. This information is being circulated by individuals posting to social media sites such as Facebook.

While we encourage dialog, much of this information could help the investigators pursuing the case. Please call us directly with any and all information, however trivial. Detective Jen Gobel is the lead investigator and can be reached at 574.235.7478.

Several pieces of helpful information that were discussed amongst Alma's friends via social media could have moved the investigation forward had police received the messages first-hand in a timely manner.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/S...299710211.html

Oh boy, this sounds bad.
    I hope things are much better than they sound.

Where in the world would investigations be with out social media?
    So much is just laid open for anyone looking.
    Double edge sword I suppose.

Holding Alma in the light.

I'm local to this area and NOTHING has been on the news. I am subscribed to local breaking news texts and haven't rec'd a thing. The local newspaper doesn't have anything (on the front page of the online version) nor do the news channels. The area she is missing from is very sketchy. Can't imagine being out there at 3:30 a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    I'm local to this area and NOTHING has been on the news. I am subscribed to local breaking news texts and haven't rec'd a thing. The local newspaper doesn't have anything (on the front page of the online version) nor do the news channels. The area she is missing from is very sketchy. Can't imagine being out there at 3:30 a.m.
    I am local to this story as well. Her home is on the corner of Ewing and Scott St. The area is really not that bad there, but I don't think she was ever driven home. Every local newscast and the trib has a small story about the fact that she is missing but there is nothing new to report on at this point in my opinion. Hope LE is checking everyone involved, phone history and where they were that night.

What a beautiful girl. I hope she's found safe.

Seems odd that the "friend" wouldn't watch to make sure she got in her door? Especially that late at night.... thinking its quite possible she was never dropped off.
    “There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

I don't have a good feeling about this.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast