GUILTY IN - Alma Del Real, 22, South Bend, 12 April 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Alma Del Real
CCkTaKGWMAAXgbG-jpg--1-.jpg

SBPD ask for public's help to find missing woman
The South Bend Police Department is asking for the public's help to find a missing woman.

Alma Del Real, 22, was last seen on April 12. She was dropped off by a friend at her home on Ewing Ave. around 3:30 a.m., after leaving Studio Rumba 305 in South Bend. According to police, Del Real has not had contact with any friends or family and did not show up for work on Monday.

She also missed a conference in Chicago that she was planning to attend with a friend on Sunday.
http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/SBPD-ask-for-publics-help-to-find-missing-woman-299710211.html

Supposedly the friend dropped her off and did not watch to see that Alma made it into the home, according to local tv.

A friend dropped her off? Male? Female? Boyfriend? Acquaintance? Did anyone else see this drop off?

My goodness, I'm so jaded. :blushing:

What a beautiful girl. I pray she is safe. :please:

Supposedly the friend dropped her off and did not watch to see that Alma made it into the home, according to local tv.

With the help of the K-9 unit, Police spent Tuesday afternoon searching for clues.

Friends are scared and confused, trying not to panic. “We're really worried because she's not the type of person that would do this." When she was dropped off early Sunday morning, the person who dropped her off didn't stay to make sure she got inside okay.

They say her bed was never slept in and her green Chevy pick up is parked just steps from her house.

She missed a work conference in Chicago on Sunday, which she was looking forward to.

Del Real also failed to show up for work Monday.

http://www.abc57.com/story/28800855/22-year-old-reported-missing-from-south-bend

I don't think she ever made it home. If you came home that late and had stuff to do the next day, you'd go right to your bed and snooze.

She's beautiful. It seems like she could have attracted someone following her ride home. I also wonder, with JLSChook, who the friend was who dropped her off.

WEDNESDAY UPDATE: Investigators working the case are getting information being passed via friends and relatives of Alma. This information is being circulated by individuals posting to social media sites such as Facebook.

While we encourage dialog, much of this information could help the investigators pursuing the case. Please call us directly with any and all information, however trivial. Detective Jen Gobel is the lead investigator and can be reached at 574.235.7478.

Several pieces of helpful information that were discussed amongst Alma's friends via social media could have moved the investigation forward had police received the messages first-hand in a timely manner.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/SBPD-ask-for-publics-help-to-find-missing-woman-299710211.html

Oh boy, this sounds bad.
I hope things are much better than they sound.

Where in the world would investigations be with out social media?
So much is just laid open for anyone looking.
Double edge sword I suppose.

Holding Alma in the light.

I'm local to this area and NOTHING has been on the news. I am subscribed to local breaking news texts and haven't rec'd a thing. The local newspaper doesn't have anything (on the front page of the online version) nor do the news channels. The area she is missing from is very sketchy. Can't imagine being out there at 3:30 a.m.

I'm local to this area and NOTHING has been on the news. I am subscribed to local breaking news texts and haven't rec'd a thing. The local newspaper doesn't have anything (on the front page of the online version) nor do the news channels. The area she is missing from is very sketchy. Can't imagine being out there at 3:30 a.m.
I am local to this story as well. Her home is on the corner of Ewing and Scott St. The area is really not that bad there, but I don't think she was ever driven home. Every local newscast and the trib has a small story about the fact that she is missing but there is nothing new to report on at this point in my opinion. Hope LE is checking everyone involved, phone history and where they were that night.

What a beautiful girl. I hope she's found safe.

Seems odd that the "friend" wouldn't watch to make sure she got in her door? Especially that late at night.... thinking its quite possible she was never dropped off.

I don't have a good feeling about this.

According to her family, Del Real works as a cashier at Wells Fargo and works side jobs as a make-up artist. When she did not report for work Monday morning, they knew something was wrong.

Police attempted to locate Del Real’s phone through cell towers. They received some information from those pings but the phone has been dead or turned off since later in the day on Sunday.

Del Real’s family says that is also a red flag, because she tends to constantly be checking in through texts, calls or social media.

“We're hoping that she’s alive and that she will come home and we are very scared that the opposite is true -- that she's dead somewhere and we don't know where,” Laguna told NewsCenter16

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/...-SB-woman-ask-for-publics-help-300022581.html

Very sad indeed. For a 22 year old to not check in with friends or family via text/social media it doesn't look good.

However, there appears to be a lot of discussion about the case on Twitter. In fact, the police are actively using Twitter to look for answers in her case. So are the woman’s friends and family members.

This was posted on the inquisitr web site but for some reason can't link it here.

Family has been searching parks and alleys in South Bend per Twitter of local ABC

I think she will be further out in the country. Some farmers going to fields or mushroom hunters will find her.

Who was the last person to see her OTHER than the friend who dropped her off? Looks like Studio Rumba 305's closing time is 3am. Did anyone actually see her there that late?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back