LA - Tahereh Ghassemi, 54, found deceased, Baton Rouge, 11 April 2015 *Arrests, inc. husband*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Tahereh Ghassemi
7460588_G.jpg

Sheriff’s deputies searching for missing woman whose torched car was found in north Baton Rouge
East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Detectives are looking for any information about a missing Baton Rouge woman.

54-year-old Tahereh Ghassemi was reported missing Monday by her son. He told detectives that she was last heard from at 8 p.m. Saturday, April 11th. Ghassemi is a Middle-Eastern woman, 5'1" and 114 lbs.

Ghassemi's vehicle was also missing. The 2004 blue, 4-door Jaguar was later found on April 14th.

According to reports, BRPD responded to a burned vehicle at 9600 Chalma Ave. on Sunday at 2:30 a.m. The car was later identified as Ghassmi's vehicle. It had been intentionally set on fire and destroyed.
http://www.wafb.com/story/28803476/ebrso-looks-for-missing-baton-rouge-woman
http://theadvocate.com/news/12110094-123/sheriffs-deputies-searching-for-missing

It looks like her name is spelled Tahereh Ghassemi. I don't know if it is spelled both ways. A search with the h on the end shows a recent divorce from a marriage in Iran. I can't tell if the divorce is on going. It says something about the husband being in sick and in Columbia.

Ugh :(. I don't like the sound of this.

(The legal arguments concerning the marriage/divorce are fascinating, & unfortunately, the divorce may well be relevant to her disappearance :( ).

the fact that they found her car burned out is IMO a very very bad sign. Who knows what happened but if she is in the middle of a divorce or just got a divorce nine times out of ten its not just going to be a coincidence.

the fact that they found her car burned out is IMO a very very bad sign. Who knows what happened but if she is in the middle of a divorce or just got a divorce nine times out of ten its not just going to be a coincidence.

The son was on news today asking for her safe return.he was very emotional.. sad story.

turns out i have facebook friend (who i barely know IRL) who is close friends with the son, this is all really sad. As more details emerge I'am almost sure the ex didn't want to pay up so he had this done. I can't believe he did it so soon after I think he must have had ALOT of anger about the whole ordeal. The case history in the court records for the divorce someone linked above make him seem like a real slime ball.

Deputies search for missing Baton Rouge woman after vehicle found burned
The East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office is looking for a missing Baton Rouge woman.

Taherah Ghassemi, 54, was reported missing by her son on Monday. He told detectives he last heard from her Saturday around 8 p.m. She is 5'1" tall and weighs 114 pounds.

Hamed Ghassemi said he last saw his mother as he left for work Saturday. When she did not return from her job as usual Sunday evening, he knew something was wrong. He called her workplace and was told she never showed up. He filed a missing person's report with the sheriff's office Monday.

What Hamed Ghassemi didn't know at that time was that his mother's car had been discovered by early Sunday morning on Chalma Avenue near Choctaw Drive by officers with the Baton Rouge Police Department. The 2004 blue Jaguar was empty and had been set on fire.

Questions are swirling about what happened over the weekend, but investigators are staying quiet for now.

Read more: http://www.cbs3springfield.com/stor...oman-after-vehicle-found-burned#ixzz3XV4H1Cb9
7475094_G.jpg

Missing woman awarded $1 million in recent divorce settlement
Just weeks before Taherah Ghassemi disappeared from Baton Rouge, she received more than $1 million in a divorce settlement, vastly increasing the Wal-Mart employee’s wealth practically overnight.

Ghassemi, a 54-year-old Iranian-born U.S. citizen who was reported missing after her car was found torched early Sunday morning in north Baton Rouge, spent the past decade involved in a bitter marital dispute with her former husband.

When the case finally settled in February, she was awarded $1 million with payment due almost immediately, another $115,000 to be divided among a dozen payments and two houses — one in Baton Rouge and one in Lafayette, according to settlement documents filed in the 19th Judicial District Court.
Read more right over here→http://theadvocate.com/news/12127303-123/missing-woman-awarded-1-million

Attempts to reach Hamid Ghassemi, Hamed Ghassemi’s father and Taherah Ghassemi’s ex-husband, were unsuccessful on Wednesday and Thursday. Messages left for him at his two Baton Rouge car dealerships, Import One and Import One Elite, both on Airline Highway, were not returned. A message left with his attorney also was not returned.

Hamed Ghassemi said he is not close with his father; however, he said the two spoke earlier this week. Hamid Ghassemi offered to help in any way he could to aid in the search of his ex-wife, Hamed Ghassemi said, and offered prayers for her as well.

Hamed Ghassemi, 37, said his mother’s friends — some of whom she worked with at a Wal-Mart in Denham Springs — have shown overwhelming support for his mother since she disappeared.

http://theadvocate.com/news/12127303-123/missing-woman-awarded-1-million

one million reasons....

I was hoping this lady had been located by now

This doesn't look good. Ex-husband looks mighty suspicious.

Sheriff searching for vehicle of interest in missing woman case
7512893_G.jpg

Vehicle of interest in case of missing Baton Rouge woman Tahereh Ghassemi (Source: EBRSO)
East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Detectives are looking for information pertaining to a vehicle of interest in the disappearance of Tahereh Ghassemi. The vehicle of interest is possibly a GM product, maybe a Tahoe, according to Casey Rayborn-Hicks with the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office.
http://www.wafb.com/story/28850664/sheriff-searching-for-vehicle-of-interest-in-missing-woman-case

agreed. asked the son how long it would be before he was named as a suspect and he said he wouldn't be. if i was a betting woman, id wage it all

Sheriff searching for vehicle of interest in missing woman case
7512893_G.jpg

Vehicle of interest in case of missing Baton Rouge woman Tahereh Ghassemi (Source: EBRSO)

http://www.wafb.com/story/28850664/sheriff-searching-for-vehicle-of-interest-in-missing-woman-case

Detectives spotted the SUV on surveillance video. It was on Millwood Drive a few blocks from Ghassemi's home during the time investigators believe she went missing, around 8 p.m. on Saturday, April 11. Detectives are hoping someone can help fill in the missing hours.

Ghassemi's son last saw her Saturday, more than a week ago. He says he was advised not to discuss the divorce, but did say it was a difficult ordeal that lasted many years.

http://www.wafb.com/story/28850664/investigators-search-for-clues-in-missing-woman-case

I'm in Baton Rouge and it feels like this case has gotten very quiet. I googled her address and can sort of figure out where the black vehicle was parked (if it's connected). It is so scary and so close to her house. It breaks my heart to think about what could have happened to her.
I wonder if her family and friends are planning anything for her. Has anyone seen any fliers, a Facebook page, a search or a reward for her? I'm sort of surprised there has been no mention of a reward.

Side note: I sort of know the ex-husband through work. He had to deal with me. When I needed anything from him he never wanted to talk with me directly. Always tried to send someone out in his place. I had experienced cultural issues before (not answering to a woman) and this was not the case.

This case has gotten really quiet. What happened to this beautiful lady?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back