1247 users online (186 members and 1061 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Michael Jackson, 28, shot to death, Houston, 4 Aug 2005

A man arrested after Houston police stopped the funeral procession for his 28-year-old brother has been charged with murder in his death.

Chris Dwayne Jackson was taken into custody Friday after police stopped the procession on its way to Paradise North Cemetery for the burial of his brother, Michael Curtis Jackson.

"He failed to cooperate in any way," Newcomb said. "We had been advised that family members said this was a family issue and not a police issue ... and they were going to handle it internally."
    http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3309541
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Hmmm...I wonder how the family intended to handle this "family issue"?

It was an interesting statment, and when you couple it with the relatives statements that he is innocent- I am speculating that there may be something the family knows that the LE doesn't.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

From September 2006:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...th-1856819.php

An admitted drug dealer who initially told police his brother died in a drive-by shooting then later said he had accidentally shot him, received a 20-year prison sentence Thursday after a Harris County jury found him guilty of criminally negligent homicide...

He will be eligible for parole in 10 years.