754 users online (90 members and 664 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Just marking my spot
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

Okay Nichols. The motion to remove you has been settled, you have no more excuses. Where's the evidence? Where's the bill of particulars?

Both attorneys for the Adams' were in court today asking that Jennifer Nichols, newly appointed prosecutor, be removed from the case. This is according to ABC news at 5. They were saying Nichols was not qualified to handle this specific case. The root of their argument stems from the fallout of district attorney Matt Stowe when he decided to withdraw himself from the case in December. After nearly an hour of arguments heard from the defense Decatur County Circuit Court Judge Creed McGinley (if I've spelled that correct) ruled Nichols appointment was valid and will remain on the case. The next court appearance for the defendants will be on June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bali View Post
    Okay Nichols. The motion to remove you has been settled, you have no more excuses. Where's the evidence? Where's the bill of particulars?
    I completely agree, Bali!

According to ABC news, Jennifer Nichols says her office is currently discussing whether to seek the death penalty in the Bobo case. I say let's get on with it!

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    From Chris @ NC5:

Chris Conte @chrisconte · 12s 12 seconds ago

Judge says motions in #HollyBobo case to now be heard on June 3
    I think back to one of the early arraignment type hearings I saw and the judge was very stern and saying how he was not going to put up with anything from either side and he wanted this case to move along.

If that same judge is still the judge, then it seems that it was all a veiled threat because we have had nothing but games being played ever since I watched that day.

SteveS is offline Attention: All my comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    I think back to one of the early arraignment type hearings I saw and the judge was very stern and saying how he was not going to put up with anything from either side and he wanted this case to move along.

If that same judge is still the judge, then it seems that it was all a veiled threat because we have had nothing but games being played ever since I watched that day.
    Yep, the judge has proven himself to be pretty much a stone cold liar, and one who makes up the rules as he goes along, hasn't he?!? Not saying he's biased to one side or the other, but I don't believe a whit of what he says anymore.

Sure glad I don't live in TN. Pretty state to visit, but the justice system there seems to be a total farce.
    REMINDER: All my comments are IMO AFAIK
    All posts are offered imo and to the best of my knowledge.

Yep, Hatfield, it's the same judge who one year ago said he was going to move this case along, and even issued a Scheduling Order !

I hope he does not drag this case out as long as JSS did in the Arias case !

JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

Wagara is offline Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...
    Justice for Holly!
    Whatever I say...It's only my opinion.

From News Channel 5:

Link: http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newschan...299517831.html

Family, Friends Of Holly Bobo Hold Memorial Service

With the four-year anniversary Monday of the day Holly Bobo disappeared from her home in Darden, her friends and family gathered at the church where she grew up to remember her life.

Bringing over AmandaReckonwith's post #1050 from the previous thread :

[I hope I get this right ...lol]

Holly Bobo Case Archive:
    http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cra...?sort=6&page=1

Justice for Holly Sub-section:
    http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cra...?sort=6&page=1

Link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post11683291

Amanda !!!

What he really meant is that he wasn't going to put up with games from the defense. But he can't say that since it would be perceived as bias, so he says from both side when he really means from one side only.

Judges generally give prosecutors broad latitude and for the most part are on the prosecutions side. The whole point of a trial is to convict someone, and judges are on board with that or they wouldn't be there. That is one of the reasons why you are in serious trouble if you get charged with something and it reaches court, the deck is heavily stacked against you no matter what the facts of the case are.

It is not surprising at all since most courtrooms are like that.

I hope they don't try to make this a death penalty case. As much as I wish the guilty parties would be given that karmic reward, I am afraid it is too high of a bar. Let's just go for LWOP and NAIL IT. Let's roll!!!!
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I hope they don't try to make this a death penalty case. As much as I wish the guilty parties would be given that karmic reward, I am afraid it is too high of a bar. Let's just go for LWOP and NAIL IT. Let's roll!!!!
    If they do ask for the death penalty................this will speak volumes about how strong they think their case is.
    It also could be nothing more then grandstanding by the prosecution.....trying to keep the pressure on the suspects to crack for as long as possible.

If they have a strong case and some of the rumors turn out to be true about what happened after the kidnapping.They almost have to seek the death penalty unless the Bobo family appeals to the prosecution to only seek life/without

We know for sure she was kidnapped.......but if she was kept alive and gang raped then murdered.
    Crimes like this make it easy to ask for the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw385 View Post
    If they do ask for the death penalty................this will speak volumes about how strong they think their case is.
    It also could be nothing more then grandstanding by the prosecution.....trying to keep the pressure on the suspects to crack for as long as possible.

If they have a strong case and some of the rumors turn out to be true about what happened after the kidnapping.They almost have to seek the death penalty unless the Bobo family appeals to the prosecution to only seek life/without

We know for sure she was kidnapped.......but if she was kept alive and gang raped then murdered.
    Crimes like this make it easy to ask for the death penalty.
    They're definitely trying to put pressure on the suspects with the death penalty talks. It doesn't necessarily mean the case is strong. Prosecutors have been known to use the death penalty to make up for a weak case--the process of choosing a death penalty qualified jury creates a jury that is more predisposed to coming back with a guilty verdict by eliminating people who are more liberal, minorities, etc...basically anyone who is more likely to be opposed to the death penalty. They use the death penalty to get a leg up.

I have my doubts that they have a strong case, but I guess we shall see in the coming weeks.

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast