GUILTY TN - Johnny Davis, 48, & Tim McCoy, 48, found murdered, Antioch, July 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Police say a man who has called himself "a monster" has confessed to slayings across the country.

Garland milam, 40, already is charged with killing two homeless men in Nashville. Investigators won't say how many slayings Milam has confessed to elsewhere, but police agencies from Texas, Arizona and possibly Ohio are coming to Nashville to interview him. "We do believe that he's been involved in other murders in other states," says Police Lt. Pat Taylor.

Milam confessed in July to strangling two homeless men in a homeless camp behind a Hickory Hollow store. "I know I'm a monster," he told reporters at the time.

"I got addicted to sucking the souls out of people that I was killing, and I'm going to do it again if I don't get the death penalty." Milam lived in the woods about 300 yards behind a strip mall in Antioch.

He walked into a grocery store and told an employee he wanted to confess to a murder. Milam is charged with two counts of aggravated homicide and is in jail on a $700,000 bond. The slayings came after arguments over food and money, police said. Milam's hometown is unknown, but he told police he had been arrested for petty crimes and served jail time in Florida.
http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?S=3719853

During a recent television interview with Nashville's WTVF-Channel 5, Milam admitted to a killing in Tucson, Ariz., saying he had thrown the body onto train tracks to make it look like an accident. He also claimed to have severely beaten a man with a baseball bat in Topeka, Kan.

Police in Topeka said the description given to them by Metro police didn't match any of their unsolved cases and said if the story was true, it was possible the man lived. Topeka police do not plan to visit Nashville to interview Milam, a spokeswoman said.

Tucson police also said Milam's description did not seem to match any case in their jurisdiction, but they continue to investigate.

Metro police officials don't have any proof that Milam has ever killed before, but say they remain open to the possibility.

"We haven't been able to confirm anything, but he's definitely not above it," said Detective Roy Dunaway.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050828/NEWS03/508280384

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back