954 users online (183 members and 771 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Oliver Jones, 37, Rancho Cucamonga, 5 April 2015

Oliver Pareece Jones

Missing Father of Five Last Seen in Ranco Cucamonga
    Just days after being released from the hospital following a concussion, a Colorado father of five on a visit to Southern California vanished after making a stop at a Wal-Mart in Rancho Cucamonga.

The last images of Oliver Pareece Jones were taken by a Wal-Mart surveillance camera, which showed the 37-year-old making purchases at the store on April 7.

Family members said the divorced father was visiting Southern California with the intent of possibly relocating when he was mugged and assaulted outside The Plaza Club on La Brea Avenue.

He ended up with a concussion and was hospitalized at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Jones checked himself out of the hospital before treatment was completed and was headed back to Colorado when he made a stop at a Wal-Mart on Foothill Boulevard, according to his family.

A transient who told family members he had spoken to Jones outside the store was interviewed by San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies. He was not believed to be involved in Jones’ disappearance, investigators said.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...300235781.html
    Last edited by los2188; 04-17-2015 at 05:41 AM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Family fears for father of five missing for nearly two weeks who was last seen checking out of hotel and purchasing more than $350 of items at Walmart

•Oliver Pareece Jones, 37, of Colorado was last seen at Walmart on April 5

•He was seen in surveillance photo leaving Sheraton hotel hours before and withdrew $800 in cash from ATM and another $100 after trip to Walmart

•At Walmart, he was captured in surveillance footage where investigators said he purchased backpack, radio, and camping gear

•During trip, Jones was reportedly mugged and assaulted, and suffered from a concussion; he was treated at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

•Family fears concussion affected his ability to reason or 'do anything'

•Police were waiting to speak with his cousin on Friday who was with him the night before he disappeared

Oliver Pareece Jones (pictured left and right), 37, was last seen at a Walmart on Foothill Boulevard on April 5
    around 8.45am. The father of five from Colorado was visiting California after traveling from Las Vegas

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3XbHYUDtO
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Missing Father of 5 Last Seen in California Walmart
    Video at this link →http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/miss...lmart-30411951

I haven't seen but maybe I missed it - how was he traveling? Was he driving or driving with his relative? How did he get from LA to Rancho Cucamonga?
    Sounds like the concussion affected his thought processes. Hope they find him soon.

Deputies from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department and members of their search-and-rescue team focused their efforts in the foothills of Claremont.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/general...a-to-claremont

The previous morning, Jones left Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, according to Paul Huebl, a private investigator working for Jones’ family. The family has said Jones suffered a concussion when he was robbed of his cell phone outside a Los Angeles nightclub.

While traveling from L.A. to Las Vegas on April 4, Jones and one or two relatives stopped to eat in Rancho Cucamonga at Claim Jumper. An argument ensued and Jones walked about a mile west to rent a room at the Four Points by Sheraton.
    He checked out early the next morning and took a taxi to Walmart, which shares a parking lot with Claim Jumper. Jones bought clothing and camping supplies and hasn’t been seen on surveillance video since.

Some of the items he purchased were found with the help of a homeless man. Witnesses have said Jones spoke of sleeping in a field behind the Walmart.

“He apparently displayed some serious amount of cash,” leading police to question why Jones would want to sleep outdoors when he had the funds to stay another night at a hotel.

from the link posted above - http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...300235781.html -

"Something happened he got out of the car, walked 1/2 a mile, spent the night at a Sheraton and took a taxi the next morning down the street to this walmart where investigators say he spent more than 300 dollars buying clothes and camping gear.

He bought cellphone in Wal-Mart, but never opened it.

Police know that because they found it a 1.5 miles away from Wal-Mart in a field near a train track.

The family hired a private investigator who says a homeless man has a lot of information surrounding the disappearance."

Very very worrying. I have bad feelings about this.

I was in Los Angeles a few days ago and watched this newscast with my mom - I recommend you watch it - because the first couple of articles were confusing. My mom and I saw this story together and looked at each other and said, "This is a guy who likes to start fights. Then he ran off, thinks he's going to camp in the woods someplace."

I think he'll turn up, if he doesn't get into it with the wrong people. Hope he's all right!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedelia View Post
    I was in Los Angeles a few days ago and watched this newscast with my mom - I recommend you watch it - because the first couple of articles were confusing. My mom and I saw this story together and looked at each other and said, "This is a guy who likes to start fights. Then he ran off, thinks he's going to camp in the woods someplace."

I think he'll turn up, if he doesn't get into it with the wrong people. Hope he's all right!

I wonder why they haven't interviewed the cousin yet.

No updates on RCPD's April 16 post for Oliver.

Rancho Cucamonga Police Department
    https://www.facebook.com/RanchoPD/ph...095711/?type=1

"Help Find Pareece Jones (Oliver Jones)"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pareecejones/

Wow! Wasn't expecting that. Glad he's found safe.

Hmmm. Amnesia? But he recalled his pin number to withdraw the cash from Walmart?
    Just my opinion, of course.

http://ktla.com/2015/06/07/2-months-...-investigator/

KTLA is reporting that local authorities don't believe the amnesia story. Glad he's safe, either way.