516 users online (75 members and 441 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Toronto police seeking suspect in CityNews editor assault.

"Police are seeking a suspect involved in an assault on a Toronto man at a downtown McDonald’s on Sunday.

Rob Ramlackhan, an editor at CityNews, was at the fast food restaurant in the Church and Queen streets area shortly after 2 a.m. Sunday when he and the police say he struck in the back of the head with a collapsible baton.

Police say the suspect with the baton is white, 5’8″, approximately 20 years old, with a slim build. He was wearing a dark hoodie, a camouflage Adidas tracksuit with white vertical stripes on the sleeves and white running shoes.

“At first I didn’t realize I’d been hit. I looked down and blood was pouring on the ground,” he recalled. “I reached back and touched the back of my head and my hand was covered in blood.”

"Ramlackhan claims that before the assault, two males were shouting racist insults and threatening him outside the restaurant.

“As I got out of the cab, three kids are out front blocking the entrance and immediately turned on me,” he explained.

Ramlackhan said the three shouted racist and homophobic remarks to him as he tried to enter the restaurant.

As he attempted to pass, Ramlackhan said he tapped one of the males on the back of the head and said “racism doesn’t work” and that they should “smarten up.”