MI - K-9 finds missing 2-year-old boy in woods

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
This K9 will be retiring very soon. I posted this to give this K9 and others some kudos for doing what they seem to love to do, and what they do so well. What do these K9's want in return? A good dog biscuit and love. Aren't dogs just awesome?

K-9 finds missing 2-year-old boy in woods
turbopng-74ad93c523405ae1.png

Turbo, a canine with the Newaygo County Sheriff's Department, led
deputies to a 2-year-old who went missing from his family's Everett
Township home on Tuesday, April 14.

Family called police after they realized the toddler was missing from their Everett Township home in the area of Spruce Avenue and 40th Street about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 14.

Deputies helped the family search the area around the home but couldn't find the boy. Authorities didn't know the direction the child had walked.

Turbo, a canine, and his handler, Deputy Phil Green, were searching the area when Turbo picked up a scent in the woods.

The boy was found safe about 500 to 600 yards into the wooded area. He was reunited with his family.

Green has worked with Turbo for nine years. The dog will retire later this year due to his age.
turbo-2png-90a4959c08439809.png

Newaygo County Sheriff's Deputy Phil Green
is pictured with Turbo, his canine partner of nine years.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2015/04/k-9_finds_missing_2-year-old_b.html

Good dog! I love German shepherds and have one myself. Our local police have one named Edo that is a beautiful black German shepherd.

It is kinda sad that Turbo may miss out on what he loves to do, it is too bad he cant do reduced duty if he is unable to do everything that is currently required, forced retirement is bad for these dogs as well as people, with people they can do volunteer work to keep them busy, should be the same for Turbo, I hope it can be. MOO

AWWW, I love German Sheps. We have a beautiful 12 yr old girl named Roxy. She looks like Rin Tin Tin. Her hips are going out and it makes us so sad. :cry:

Good boy, Turbo! You did good! A long, happy and useful retirement to you.

P.S. You are very handsome, too.

Wonderful, thank you Turbo! Love police K-9s and value their many contributions to our safery. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back