755 users online (89 members and 666 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MS - Ashley Kaye Condon, 23, Gulfport, 15 April 2015

Ashley Kaye Condon

Gulfport police need help finding Ashley Condon, woman missing since Wednesday
    The Gulfport Police Department is requesting the public's assistance in locating a missing person, 23-year-old Ashley Kaye Condon, of Gulfport.

Condon was last seen leaving her residence en route to her place of employment at a local hospital on Wednesday at 6 p.m.

At that time, Condon left driving a white 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier.
    http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi...publics_h.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

MS - Ashley Kaye Condon, 28, Gulfport, 15 April 2015

GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) - Have you seen 28-year-old Ashley Kaye Condon of Gulfport? Gulfport Police say she has been missing since April 15.

http://m.wlox.com/wlox/db/330810/content/o64FqhVT

I'm attempting to post this from my phone so I'm not sure if the above link will work since it's a mobile link or not. I've reached out to Ashley's sister on Facebook to see if there is any other pertinent information that she can share. I'm local to this case and there are 4-5 hospitals I can think of off of the top of my head that she could work at so I asked for clarification on that as well as exactly where she was last seen. I also invited her to join us at Websleuths so hopefully she will.
    Mrs. A
    ^^^The above is MOO unless otherwise stated^^^

Can someone tell me how to delete this thread, the awesome Los already made one for this beatiful lady!
    Mrs. A

Thanks for starting a thread for Ashley, Los! I accidentally started one too before I saw yours. I'm on my phone and it's being such a pain!

Anyway, I reached out to Ashley's sister on Facebook and asked for clarification on a few things. I'm local to this case and based on her hospital badge I think I know where she works but can't be 100% sure because the pic isn't great. I also asked exactly where she was last seen and who was the last person to speak to her. Her sister did post on a MSM Facebook thread that her car also hasn't been located so I'm concerned about that and immediately had a flashback to Terrilynn in New Orleans. I also know that she has a child and everything I've read says she would've never left her son voluntarily. I'm waiting to hear back from her sister now and have invited her to Websleuths so hopefully she will come over and give us some insight.

We've had too many missing people over the past two years in south Mississippi, it makes my heart hurt.

Can someone alert a mod of my duplicate thread so that it can be deleted because I can't figure out how to delete it on my phone!
    Mrs. A

'She would have never left her son:' Family and friends search for missing Gulfport woman
    GULFPORT -- Family and friends can't find answers to why Ashley Kaye Condon never arrived at work Wednesday evening at Garden Park Medical Center.

"My sister was a homebody," Melody Smith said. "Her life revolved around her son and her job."

Police on Friday asked for help to find Condon, 28, after a co-worker messaged Condon's sister that she'd never arrived at work.

"We got a call 2 p.m. Thursday asking if something was wrong with Ashley because she never missed work," Smith said. "My mother lives with her and thought that she was just out running errands after her shift ended."

Smith said Condon usually works a night shift from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. and was last seen leaving for work at 6 p.m.

"The day she went missing was a pay day," she said. "So everyone thought she was buying groceries and things for the weekend."
    Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2015/04/18/...#storylink=cpy
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Her age is 28, not 23.

The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

On the missing Facebook page the latest post says RIP. Thank you all.

Some info on where it was found and pictures here under their update from 3 hours ago - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...72214066171488

Sounds like family found out from the FB page about the car being found and the location, and that media was there before they knew

http://www.wlox.com/story/28841601/b...-ocean-springs

Captain William Jackson, with the Ocean Springs Police Department, confirms that the a body was found near the Fort Bayou bridge, and that the body is of a white female.
    WLOX news station FB also has lots of comments on their article about it - https://www.facebook.com/WLOXTV/posts/10155485464335615

Among them is a comment from the mother of one of the people who reportedly found her.

My husband and myself both received a notification on our phones first thing this morning while we were still laying in bed, around 7:30. For some reason it doesn't surprise me that the media knew before the family did.

It's a decent drive from Gulfport to where her body and car were found in Ocean Springs so I'm interested to see where this investigation goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mrs. A

Hmm...

Capt. Jackson says that the vehicle was not at that location when a routine patrol went through the area earlier this morning. Jackson says the vehicle was not found in that location until around 3 p.m.
    Sounded (earlier - prior to the new info) like possible suicide given the location by a bridge, etc. but this sure sounds like it's possibly foul play...

Or else she had to have killed herself in a pretty brief span of time - during daylight in an area where people pass by - today, after having been alive the past several days while she was missing and people were still looking for her then also.

http://www.wlox.com/story/28841707/m...-springs-marsh
    Last edited by TravelingBug; 04-19-2015 at 07:27 PM. Reason: to clarify I meant it sounded like possible suicide prior to the information about the car not being there earlier, etc.

According to Captain William Jackosn, of the Ocean Springs Police Department, the body was found on the north/west side of the Fort Bayou bridge, in Ocean Springs. Condon's car was found on the east side of the Ocean Springs/Biloxi bridge. The body was removed from the marsh by the Department of Marine Resources.
    http://www.wlox.com/story/28841707/m...-springs-marsh

I'm not seeing suicide honestly, forgive me because I am most definitely not a map maker but I dropped a pin on each location and took a screenshot of them. I couldn't figure out how to drop them on the same map though so two pictures will have to do. Let me see if I can upload them.

I'm not sure if that worked but the pin in the first picture is where Ashley was found and the pin in the second one is the east side of the Ocean Springs-Biloxi bridge which is where her car was found.

Mrs. A

The yacht club is on the southeast side of the bridge where they found her car, on the northeast side there's a parking lot. Lots of people go walking here at all hours of the day and night so it wouldn't be strange to see a car sitting there with unoccupied unless it was there for days and we've been told that it wasn't even there this morning. The bridge where Ashley's body was located is actually on one of two main ways to get into the city of Ocean Springs and her car was found at the base of the bridge that's the only other major street.

Here's a quick screenshot of the directions from the yacht club to the approximate location of her body. As you can see it only takes roughly 3 minutes.

I'm personally not feeling the suicide vibe but if you are, what method would you say given what we know?

Mrs. A

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast