18 month old makes complaint/babysitter arrested

Sorry, but I just read the story. The child did not phone the cops and complain that he/she was on the road and the babysitter was not around to supervise.

So the 18 month old child did not "complain" a passerby saw the child in the road and contacted LE. I very much doubt an 18 month old would even know the number to 911 or LE.

How about "Babysitter charged with child endangerment after 18 month child found playing alone on road.

The story was not well written. Instead of saying "complaint of an 18 month old, it should have been: Complaint of a passerby indicating an 18 month old child was playing/standing in the street alone.

The statement is in the article
following a complaint of a 1 and a half year old playing in the road
and was actually the headline where I found it. I suspect that when it was written up, that the arresting officer may have put the child's name as the complaint for some reason. My question however is this statement from the article:
The child was returned to Miss Hazelton without harm.
So after they charge the sitter - they give the baby back to her? It doesn't say if the parents were notified. But I would think they would hold the child and return it to the parents.

I know, whomever wrote this article kind of like did not phrase this it well.

You make an EXCELLENT point that the child was returned to this babysitter, what was LE thinking, I would HOPE that they realized that this clhild is in danger after they arrest and issue a ticket/arrest of this babysitter for putting this child in danger.

Defies any logic skills I have.

I am like(shaking my head) as to why they would not contact the parents or some child protective services.

Was it because the child was not harmed(this time) but was only in danger.

Again defies my logic skills........

It's in the wording. There was a complaint of an 18 m.o. playing in the road. The article does not say the 18 m.o. MADE the complaint. Definitely poor wording in that article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back