GUILTY VA - Grace Mann, 20, UMW student, murdered, Fredericksburg, 17 April 2015

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"A 20-year-old University of Mary Washington student was found murdered on Friday in Virginia and her older male roommate has now been arrested and charged with the killing.

Grace Rebecca Mann, 20, was found unconscious by two female roommates in the home they shared in Fredericksburg, near the college campus, about 3pm.

Local reports say Mann was asphyxiated and found with a plastic bag stuffed into her throat, however police have not commented on the cause of death.

The fourth roommate of the house, Steven Vander Briel, 30, was home when the two women stumbled upon the body, but ran out of the house, according to Fredericksburg.com."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ary-Washington-home-shared.html#ixzz3Xds9aOkq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Why was a 30 year old man who attended this college from 2002-2007, back enrolled in the spring 2015 semester, rooming with 3 young co-eds? This has weirdo stamped all over it, IMO.

I live close by and this was all over the news.A very sad day for our town and UMW.This creep snuffed the life out of this beautiful girl.Grace had a very promising future.
I still haven't found out why he did this,some people think it was because she was a member of the feminist movement.Regardless he will pay dearly and her father is a
judge too.

Why was a 30 year old man who attended this college from 2002-2007, back enrolled in the spring 2015 semester, rooming with 3 young co-eds? This has weirdo stamped all over it, IMO.

There are lots of people in their mid to late 20s on any campus who are still students. People come back to do different degrees all the time, not to mention graduate students, post-docs and RAs, all of which socialize in the community, which is to say with other students.

My niece was a close friend of hers and is devastated. She sounds like she was an amazing person. RIP!!

My understanding is that these students decide themselves who to get as a roommate.

3202d77f.gif

Mary Washington campus uproar over Yik Yak app after student murder

FREDERICKSBURG, Va. — The popular anonymous app Yik Yak finds itself at the center of a growing controversy after a prominent member of a feminist group was murdered at a Virginia university. Grace Rebecca Mann, a junior at the University of Mary Washington, and member of UMW’s Feminists United, was killed in April.

[...]

Mann was harassed on Yik Yak before her murder, after members of the rugby team incorrectly assumed that the Feminists United called for the college to suspend the team’s members. Mann was named in the “Yaks” and she had said that she feared for her safety, though it’s unclear whether her murder was related to the harassment on Yik Yak.

Steven Vander Briel, a former UMW rugby club member and roommate of Mann’s, has been charged with first-degree murder. He is accused of strangling Mann to death.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

CBS

Hearing reveals new details in Grace Mann murder case

Briel, 30, is charged with first-degree murder and abduction and has been in jail since his arrest later that day. Judge John R. Stevens sent the charges to a city grand jury Tuesday following a preliminary hearing. The grand jury will consider the case on July 27. A trial date would be set later if Briel is indicted as expected.

Many more details, here: LINK

~or~

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/crime_courts/hearing-reveals-new-details-in-grace-mann-murder-case/article_0941bdd2-145c-11e5-b53a-7f7f08b6e1e1.html

There are lots of people in their mid to late 20s on any campus who are still students. People come back to do different degrees all the time, not to mention graduate students, post-docs and RAs, all of which socialize in the community, which is to say with other students.
I have no problem with anyone going back to school for whatever. It is the age and the adoption of that long ago lifestyle that I find strange. I went back to school at age 30 but I did not quit my job, divorce my husband, or sell my house to do it. Nor did I move in with people a decade younger than myself. That says a lot to me about how this perp sees and thinks of himself. JMO.

My understanding is that these students decide themselves who to get as a roommate.

But what does that say about how he sees himself and where he finds himself at this stage of his life? It is not just a "roommate" thing, IMO. People are a lot more complex than that, even if the person does not see or understand it.

But what does that say about how he sees himself and where he finds himself at this stage of his life? It is not just a "roommate" thing, IMO. People are a lot more complex than that, even if the person does not see or understand it.

Some people go to school later than the rest. I don't think that means they will murder someone.

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/article_6b5125d8-62a8-5cb1-a3e5-24fca2b91c74.html

The prosecution rested its case against a man accused of murdering a fellow University of Mary Washington student, while defense attorneys spent the trial's second day laying out the case for their client’s insanity...

During much of Tuesday’s testimony, which ran late into the night, the defense team rolled out friends and family who talked about Briel’s background and his seemingly odd actions near the time of Mann’s brutal killing in the Washington Avenue home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back