1050 users online (209 members and 841 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - Sharlene Francis, 21, raped & murdered, Brooklyn, 14 Aug 2005

A Brooklyn baby-sitter raped and bludgeoned with a hammer yesterday identified a man still in the house as her attacker as her life slipped away, police sources said.
    Cops, who had failed to enter the apartment on an earlier 911 run, found Sharlene Francis, 20, partially clothed in a pool of her own blood in a bedroom at the Stanley Ave. home yesterday morning. The baby-sitter, whose birthday was Friday, had been beaten savagely with a hammer.

The 2-year-old she was caring for was splattered with her baby-sitter's blood.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-288228c.html

A drunk Brooklyn man stabbed and hammered to death a baby-sitting college student in front of her terrified 2-year-old niece yesterday, leaving the tot splattered in her young aunt's blood, sources said.
    "Please, help me!" begged dying 21-year-old Charlene Francis to a 911 operator from the baby's blood-soaked bedroom at 1162 Stanley Ave. in East New York. Her confessed killer, Richard Thorne, who lives at the house with the child's grandmother, had fled to his bedroom after the predawn attack but then angrily stalked back into the baby's room after hearing his victim's desperate pleas, sources said.

He cut off the woman's frantic call ó but not before she managed to give the address, they said. Police arrived at the home, only to be greeted by silence despite calling and knocking, they said.
    http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/51280.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I don't know if this is actual or a reporter's mistake but this article:
    Child's Father Arrested
    Thorne, who is the boyfriend of the baby's mother, was arrested at the scene.
    These are different from the other articles.
    http://www.wnbc.com/news/4850753/detail.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

That is just horribly brutal. One article says mothers boyfriend, and the other says grandmothers boyfriend, so who knows. what a horrible, horrible way to die. Why did the police not force thier way in?????????????

Second article is wrong The girl who was killed was the sister of the baby's father, he was no where near the house. The one who was arressted was the baby's grandmother's boyfriend.

As of last night, the Brooklyn district attorney's office had not yet determined whether to charge Richard Thorne, 36, with first- or second-degree murder, Thorne's lawyer said. Thorne, who was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon, was being held without bail.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-288432c.html

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I wonder why they are having troube deciding the degree of murder to charge him with. It surely isn't self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    I wonder why they are having troube deciding the degree of murder to charge him with. It surely isn't self defense.
    I think the questions are premeditated, 2nd degree, voluntary or involuntary manslaughter.

How does one accidentally beat someone to death with a hammer? Am I missing something here? Accidentally?

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    How does one accidentally beat someone to death with a hammer? Am I missing something here? Accidentally?
    Sorry Opie, I edited my post. I was still thinking about the case of the 3 yo girl.

mysteriew--

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was in quite a snit, I'm afraid. Too many murderers get off way too lightly. Throw the book at him, I say.

I enjoy your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    mysteriew--

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was in quite a snit, I'm afraid. Too many murderers get off way too lightly. Throw the book at him, I say.

I enjoy your posts.
    Thank you, I enjoy finding the articles and reading them, but my favorite part is the discussions with everybody. Makes me think, ya know?

It's disgusting to think that these days, murderers seem to get off easier than the druggie down the road. I wish they would tighten up the noose around the
    neck of these sick individuals. Maybe they'd think twice about something so
    henous...maybe not, they've got to be messed up in the head anyway, to do something this gory. That poor, poor girl.

Have respect for differing opinions.
    After all, we're equally entitled to our .

Richard Thorne

Housed: Attica
    Date Received: 03/06/2007

Offense: 2nd Degree Murder
    Sentence: 15 years - Life

First Parole Hearing: 04/2020
    Parole Eligibility Date: 08/11/2020

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    Richard Thorne

Housed: Attica
    Date Received: 03/06/2007

Offense: 2nd Degree Murder
    Sentence: 15 years - Life

First Parole Hearing: 04/2020
    Parole Eligibility Date: 08/11/2020
    Once again, many thanks Belinda for updating these old cases.

So was it ever determined, the relationship of this murderer, to others in the home?

I haven't seen anything that makes it really clear. It said the child was Sharlene's nephew and that she was babysitting for her older brother. Then it says that Thorne is a companion of the child's mother. Egads. One of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast