Australia - Mystery of blood pools in Blue Mountains solved by social media

zwiebel

Reaction score
When a local resident spotted pools of blood just off the Great Western Highway in the Blue Mountains, NSW, Saturday, police were very concerned. There were several large pools of blood stretching a good distance along the road.

The amount was worrying, and after forensic tests revealed it was human police inspector Sonya Tabor believed there was likely to have been a violent incident. She asked media to ask the public to spread the word and contact police or Crime Stoppers to help solve the mystery.

By Sunday afternoon, a 22-year-old hiker on a road trip to Queensland was tracked down, after police received several tip-offs via social media. He'd cut his hand badly there and gone to a local hospital, then just continued on his way.

Police say he's embarrassed but in reasonable health and thanked the public for their help.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/pools-of-...re-all-nnn-nnn-vars-o&sa=D&usg=ALhdy28zsr6qiq

Wow. You would think he'd have passed out after losing enough blood to make noticeably large pools.

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are looking for a count of our Aussie members. If you are posting from Australia or from a surrounding country about an Australian case please let us know who you are by posting in this thread.

Please CLICK HERE to read all about our Australian posters.

Does that include our New Zealand posters too?

When a local resident spotted pools of blood just off the Great Western Highway in the Blue Mountains, NSW, Saturday, police were very concerned. There were several large pools of blood stretching a good distance along the road.

The amount was worrying, and after forensic tests revealed it was human police inspector Sonya Tabor believed there was likely to have been a violent incident. She asked media to ask the public to spread the word and contact police or Crime Stoppers to help solve the mystery.

By Sunday afternoon, a 22-year-old hiker on a road trip to Queensland was tracked down, after police received several tip-offs via social media. He'd cut his hand badly there and gone to a local hospital, then just continued on his way.

Police say he's embarrassed but in reasonable health and thanked the public for their help.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/pools-of-...re-all-nnn-nnn-vars-o&sa=D&usg=ALhdy28zsr6qiq
BBM.

Yes, by this account, 300 metres. That's over 3 football fields. Iow, did they do a dna test to confirm the blood was, in fact, this young man's?

BBM.

Yes, by this account, 300 metres. That's over 3 football fields. Iow, did they do a dna test to confirm the blood was, in fact, this young man's?

I would hope they would do a DNA test to be sure to confirm. Because this could easily be something else entirely if they dont confirm it.

The part that bugged me in the article is quite a few things. There is not enough detail to know
-How did he cut himself?
-Was he in a car or on foot?
-If he was in a car, then why the long blood trail? Why not just get back in car and go to hospital?
-What was he doing on that side road?

The pools themselves were not all that large in diameter (15 cm which is only about 6 inches) unless they were deep pools of blood but the trail was very long. So it almost sounds like he was on foot.

We need more information and I sure hope LE checked out the blood to be sure it matched him.

ETA: This part of the story seems to imply he was in a car so I am really hoping LE checked out his story carefully and analyzed the blood for a match.

"By Sunday afternoon the police had made contact with the person who had shed the blood through social media tip-offs.
The 22-year-old man was on a road trip to Queensland. He told police he had cut his hand during a night out and went to a local hospital shortly after the injury."

The word "tip offs" make it sound nefarious like someone may have known this guy and gave the tip off. Also "ROAD TRIP". Hmmmmm. So why the long blood trail if a car on a road trip was involved?

So long as he is checked out, i do feel sorry for him as the cut must have been a bad one.

It is disturbing to find blood trails. And I can attest to that.
I once saw a blood trail on a sidewalk of a busy city street and it bothered me. It was just drops but heavy drops. I wondered what the story was about them and then I noticed it was also a trail. I followed it for 2 blocks until I realized I was following trail backwards as it led me to the front door of a bar. I then realized the guy must have been in some sort of fight in front of the bar. Most likely nothing more than a bar fight outside the bar the night before.

It was disturbing and bothered me that whole day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back