GUILTY CT - Police: Video shows beaten, burned child's 'absolute fear and pain'

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
DANBURY -- When the mother returned home from work to find burns on her daughter's little hands and dark bruising around her eye, the first phone call was to the doctor.

The second call was to police.

What police saw that night on video from a nanny cam was the 3-year-old girl's terror at being beaten and burned on a hot stove by a 31-year-old woman who had been her full-time baby sitter for a year.

The baby sitter, Lidia Quilligana, is in custody on a first-degree assault charge that carries a 20-year prison sentence. Her bail is set at $1 million.

"In the footage, you can see the absolute fear and pain from the trauma in (the little girl's) facial expressions," Danbury Police Officer Thomas Geanuracos wrote in an arrest report reviewed by Hearst Connecticut Media Group. "At one point, I observed Quilligana pick (the child) up by the throat with two hands and toss her to the ground.
628x471.jpg

Lidia Quilligana
http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Police-Video-shows-beaten-burned-child-s-6202493.php

I wonder how many other atrocities have been visited upon this poor child . That woman has been her nanny for a year !

That is the reason I never left my kids with babysitters. How do you know who you can trust?

Why have a nanny cam if you only use it after the damage is done?

That is the reason I never left my kids with babysitters. How do you know who you can trust?

I think you know. If the kids get all excited because the baby sitter is coming over, and they tell cute stories about her later, and greet her at the door with hugs, you know.

June 2015 -

Lidia Quilligana, 32, of Danbury, was charged Friday with 15 additional counts of risk of injury to a minor.

The new felony charges were filed after detectives reviewed footage from a hidden “nanny cam” preceding the March 27 incident...
the DVR system used to store videos from the nanny cam, which had footage from March 16 to 27, shows more abuse against the girl, as well as against her siblings, 1-year-old twins, according to court records.

The original arrest warrant stated Quilligana was caught force-feeding the 3-year-old, slapping her and knocking her to the ground, jumping on her and pressing her hands and leg to a stove burner...

The nanny... learned after her arrest that she is pregnant...
http://m.newstimes.com/news/article/Nanny-accused-of-burning-child-slapped-with-new-6340399.php

September 2015:

As the court case enters its sixth month — with no end in sight — the family is struggling to pay for the children’s medical bills and the 3-year-old girl who has trouble sleeping at night has been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder, according to the friend who spoke to The News-Times with the family’s consent but asked not to be named...
Prosecutors recently finished reviewing the nearly two weeks of footage preceding the March 27 incident and have charged the nanny with a total of 23 counts of risk of injury to a minor and one count of first-degree assault, all felonies...
Court records do not detail the abuse seen through the older footage, but Senior State’s Attorney Deborah Mabbett said in May that Quilligana once sprayed some sort of liquid substance, possibly a nail polish remover, inside the 3-year-old’s mouth and ripped hair out of the children’s heads.

http://m.newstimes.com/news/article/Family-in-Danbury-child-burning-case-faces-more-6483788.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back