Jonathan Crombie, Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables, dead at 48

Far too young indeed! I grew up watching the Anne movies and like many girls, I wanted a boy just like Gilbert! He really embodied the character so well.

And he seemed like a very nice person. I hope it was quick and he didn't feel any pain. He will live on through his work.

Megan Follows said he was a sweetheart and very funny. I'm sure she'll always treasure her memories of him.

aoggtumblr_nn2eb3SnHh1qet75po1_500_zpsquls9a9b.jpg

agpub6_zpsbjcze5f0.jpg

jonathan-crombie2_zpskdhuolkt.jpg

agiii38_zpsa50uwene.jpg

agpub7_zpstkmgfeea.jpg

jonathancrombieMV5BMTg4MDAxMjk4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODE3NjIzMQ._V1_SX640_SY720__zpszywrd1rh.jpg

RIP. :heartbeat: :crying:

Those pictures are wonderful, such a beautiful smile and handsome looks. So sorry to read that he has left us. :rose:

You're very welcome. As you know, I love sharing!

I know fans of "Anne Of Green Gables" are mourning for him but his family and friends lost so much more. One of the most endearing things I've read about him was how proud he was of the "Anne" franchise and his part in it. Complete strangers called him Gilbert and he didn't mind. He would talk to anyone who asked him about his work with Kevin Sullivan. A down to earth guy, talented and humble.

aggsequel1118full-anne-of-green-gables-screenshot_zpsfpzlmhfj.jpg

agpub5_zpsv2rppm79.jpg

aggsequelscreencap1118full-anne-of-green-gables-photo_zpsfocakogd.jpg

agiii37_zpsp0rhesca.jpg

agcsmegan-follows-as-anne-and-jonathan-crombie-as-gilbert-in-ann_zpszfzt4h19.jpg

“Truly I just remember at times just laughing so hard that you’d just be crying. He was so playful and silly and as I said really bright, so his humour was always informed with that, which made him even funnier. He had that beautiful face. He was a lot of fun he was very open so you just felt he was someone who really wanted to play and it really was a new experience for him. We were all just in it to do the best that we could and we had a lot of fun.” - Megan Follows

oh how i loved these books as a girl and then later the movies.........these actors just brought the characters to life for me, i expected to be disappointed after reading the books and i wasn't......just beautiful.....i still smile :)

thank you for that "gilbert"...........rest in peace :rose:

DH and I had the pleasure of seeing Jonathan Crombie (and Megan Follows) perform at the Stratford (Ontario) Festival some years ago. They weren't there the same seasons, but both Jonathan and Megan played Romeo and Juliet, respectively, in Shakespeare's tragedy of the star-crossed teen lovers. RIP JC. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back